Ranked 10th after Round 18... help me not panic trade

Started by ossie85, June 29, 2015, 12:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Current team:

D: H Shaw, S Higgins, J Newnes, A Oxley, K Simpson, B Smith <J Hamling, A Pearce>
M: N Fyfe, S Pendlebury, D Hannebery, P Dangerfield, D Mundy, L Parker, J Selwood, R Sloane <P Cripps, A Boston, J Glenn>
R: T Goldstein, N Naitanui <S McKernan>
F: D Swan, B Goddard, D Martin, R Gray, M Bontempelli, B Deledio <B Dale, M Cox>

I've never been this close to the cash before!

Obviously Sloane needs to go... and Selwood is a concern, and have $63k in the bank, and 12 trades left

If I just did a straight swap for Sloane, I could afford:
- Rischitelli (highest averaging player, not real keen)
- Kennedy (tempting)
- Shiel
- Boak
- Jack
- Barlow (who I traded out for Sloane the other week...)
- Rockliff (if he returns)

Capper

Sidey?

Also why are you asking us? You got this far without asking. We will only kill your team

Bwahahahaha

ossie85

Quote from: Capper on June 29, 2015, 01:55:05 PM
Sidey?

Also why are you asking us? You got this far without asking. We will only kill your team

Bwahahahaha

Because I'll over think it!

Wasn't really paying huge amounts of attention and things are falling my way. Now I think about it it will end up like the monstrosity that is my supercoach team

T Dog

Hey Os

Treloar may be a good POD if moving out Sloane.
Kennedy not the worst  IMO.

Very nice looking team by the way

Purple 77

Kennedy would make that 3 swans in your midfield... whether that's a thing, that's up to you.

Well yeah Treloar might be worth considering, especially with Coniglio going down which might increase his midfield minutes. I mean, his first game without Coniglio and he got 131 DT.

Shiel hasn't gone nuts in a while, in fact he has attracted the tag recently (last century was Round 8 ), so I think I would choose Treloar over Shiel. I don't think Boak is the best choice IMO, and Jack is in the same boat as Kennedy in regards to Sydney players.

kilbluff1985

if Tom Mitchell gets dropped which is a possibility after the weekend would seriously look at JPK

Grazz

Everything i'd like to do involves trading Cripps. Not sure you'd be up for that.

ossie85

Quote from: Grazz on June 29, 2015, 03:18:14 PM
Everything i'd like to do involves trading Cripps. Not sure you'd be up for that.

I might be!

Grazz

This can wait a week to be sure of Steels JS but if it were me id move this week.

Cripps to Steele  $397,500 in the Bank

Sloane to J.Steven  $241,000 in the Bank

Round 15

Oxley to Picken  $112,800 in the bank

Bontempelli to Dalhouse Ziebel Bennel Adams etc

One downgrade fills the team.
Leaves you with 8 Trades left to cover the run home and strengthen the backline should one of or a couple of Smith Higgins Newnes look like faltering and an extremely strong team across all lines.
In your position i wouldn't be looking to take cheaper options to save a dollar i'd be investing the money into players that can put a gap between you and the rest.
If that team were mine those are the triggers i'd be pulling.

Goodluck mate, lot's of ways to skin a cat and im sure you'll get some good advice. We'd love to see you win it Os.

Purple 77

Grazz

Quote from: Purple 77 on June 29, 2015, 05:33:35 PM
Quote from: Grazz on June 29, 2015, 05:11:13 PM
Sloane to J.Stevens  $241,000 in the Bank

AARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lol i do it every time.  :-[

Edit: Fixed mate.

Purple 77

Quote from: Grazz on June 29, 2015, 05:34:20 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on June 29, 2015, 05:33:35 PM
Quote from: Grazz on June 29, 2015, 05:11:13 PM
Sloane to J.Stevens  $241,000 in the Bank

AARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lol i do it every time.  :-[

Lol all good Grazz, I'm only half joking :P It's not as bad as Jack Trengrove.

But yes, I've heard nothing but good reviews about Jack Steele all year, and reckon he is a safer rookie option.

Mat0369

IF you can get Steven or Armo in do it. They are basically captain options week in week out. The others looking juicy at their price

Lewis - still averaging 115 (down from the 130 odd) priced at 549k
I. Smith
Hepp
Ward

The other option is hold, play Cripps and wait and see if Sidebottom kills it against the Hawks. He should be almost a straight swap the week after.

LF

Get Steven in somehow,he is the top ranked mid atm and is still not in many teams 9% only which amazes me tbh.

Torpedo10

I'd look at getting in one of Hepp, Lewis or Steven this week. They should really be in your final side but bide time.

Looking good other than maybe Brodie Smith, he could definitely be on the chopping block once your Mids are solid.