Eaglesman first look n beyond

Started by eaglesman, December 23, 2019, 11:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colley Dogs

Midfield is huge with Macrae Anderson Green bookmarking things.

And getting Whitfield in the forward line with Ceglar Brayshaw. Solid.

If the defensive line comes off, this could really fly.

My two cents:
You're an Eagles man and know more than me, but personally I'd go Williams - Brander for the flexibility of swinging Hill down to the defensive line for insurance. I feel like that defensive line needs a little back-up option. If you give up Macrae for Bont or similar (or Brayshaw for Smith), you could try turning Rankine into Bonar etc. so Hill down to that backline is a viable play.

Nice thinking with this version.

eaglesman

Quote from: Colley Dogs on March 03, 2020, 11:40:50 PM
Midfield is huge with Macrae Anderson Green bookmarking things.

And getting Whitfield in the forward line with Ceglar Brayshaw. Solid.

If the defensive line comes off, this could really fly.

My two cents:
You're an Eagles man and know more than me, but personally I'd go Williams - Brander for the flexibility of swinging Hill down to the defensive line for insurance. I feel like that defensive line needs a little back-up option. If you give up Macrae for Bont or similar (or Brayshaw for Smith), you could try turning Rankine into Bonar etc. so Hill down to that backline is a viable play.

Nice thinking with this version.

Williamson just a placeholder and allocating cash. If brander plays he’s straight in.

I’m off bonar.

eaglesman

Ok time to shake things up given rookie issues in mid.

Laird roberton ash ZBT Greave Gould (young brander)

Cripps dunkley Mitchell Dangerfield Oliver Houston greenwood Rowell (green pickett budarick)

Grundy Naismith (xerri)

Whitfield dusty ceglar brayshaw hill georgiades (rankine king)

Deep looking midfield but reality is Houston will go back to defense and Greenwood will move to the forwards.

Defense is where we have the rookies so I am exposing myself there and I am carrying young even if not named round 1 as expect him to play round 2/3 for sure. Mcasey still a chance this week and I Amy even drop Robertson down to him.
Still hoping Williams lines up bur if he doesn’t round 6/7 be nice.

Also would love Darcy Cameron to line up just for the extra ruck coverage given I have selected Naismith at present.

Risky as but this is my if no rookies show up team.

Colley Dogs

Quote from: eaglesman on March 06, 2020, 12:04:41 AM

Cripps dunkley Mitchell Dangerfield Oliver Houston greenwood Rowell (green pickett budarick)

Grundy Naismith (xerri)

Deep looking midfield but reality is Houston will go back to defense and Greenwood will move to the forwards.

Defense is where we have the rookies so I am exposing myself there and I am carrying young even if not named round 1 as expect him to play round 2/3 for sure. Mcasey still a chance this week and I Amy even drop Robertson down to him.

Also would love Darcy Cameron to line up just for the extra ruck coverage given I have selected Naismith at present.

I love the imagination, but it's a bit too risky for me. The tipping point is not having Gawn. Salary cap aside, everything works were it not for R2.

Also, in my own team, I'd feel a whole lot better running Laird - Roberton - Rookies if Young/Williams was playing this weekend.

Four keepers in the forward line is looking to be standard.

The way I'm dealing with the midfield Rookies is Rowell - Anderson - Green (Pickett; McInerny - Budarick). I can still find the cash to turn McInerny into Serong.

If you applied this to your team:
Houston - Docherty (pushing out Young)
Ceglar or Greenwood
Naismith - Gawn

You'd need to give up Whitfield, though.

I've gone Martin - Dawson - Greenwood - Brayshaw/Ceglar - Rookies (including Hill.)

I like Dawson & Hill in the Forwards, with Brander at D7, to offer support down back (and also greater flexibility for when I complete these lines during the season).

I guess what I'm saying: the way I'm dealing with this is to put more cash into the Rookies, rather than changing to a risky structure.

I've been banging on all pre-season about how many 180+ Rookies we're going to have to run with this season.

eaglesman

Quote from: Colley Dogs on March 06, 2020, 01:45:08 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 06, 2020, 12:04:41 AM

Grundy Naismith (xerri)

I love the imagination, but it's a bit too risky for me. The tipping point is not having Gawn. Salary cap aside, everything works were it not for R2.

Also, in my own team, I'd feel a whole lot better running Laird - Roberton - Rookies if Young/Williams was playing this weekend.

Four keepers in the forward line is looking to be standard.

The way I'm dealing with the midfield Rookies is Rowell - Anderson - Green (Pickett; McInerny - Budarick). I can still find the cash to turn McInerny into Serong.

If you applied this to your team:
Houston - Docherty (pushing out Young)
Ceglar or Greenwood
Naismith - Gawn

You'd need to give up Whitfield, though.

I've gone Martin - Dawson - Greenwood - Brayshaw/Ceglar - Rookies (including Hill.)

I like Dawson & Hill in the Forwards, with Brander at D7, to offer support down back (and also greater flexibility for when I complete these lines during the season).

I guess what I'm saying: the way I'm dealing with this is to put more cash into the Rookies, rather than changing to a risky structure.

I've been banging on all pre-season about how many 180+ Rookies we're going to have to run with this season.

I can’t see any argument to not pick whitfield from the get go. The losses of Taranto and Williams only strengthen his selection.

Not having Gawn is the only problem with this side imo.

Both gawns fitness and Naismith performance this weekend are big watches for me