Volvelle

Started by volvelle, February 04, 2021, 09:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I have Dow as well and the high CB attendances is a plus. My issue with Dow is he doesn't have much of a tank and struggles with the ball in hand. I don't think he is a huge possession winner either and this was also the case in his junior days.

He also doesn't work hard enough defensively and is fairly useless away from the stoppages spreading. His best attribute is his burst and he doesn't seem to use it enough around the ground. 1 tackle in 70% game time isn't great but I'll give him a pass because tackle numbers were down in general. Another thing he can add to his game this year is marking the ball overhead if he is playing a bit in the forward line when resting. It was a strength at junior level but he hasn't shown the ability to do it yet at AFL level.

Having just potted him, he is currently in my team because his price is pretty hard to pass up, the club love him and with the amount of CB's he is attending he could be a really handy rookie priced pick.

volvelle

I have gone backwards and forwards about Dow - I don't think I can trust him.  I agree fully with your assessment of him and as supporter I love him, but can't put him in my team ... even at that price

I also watched Rowell on yesterday and I'm still not sure.

Sell Dow and Rowell bring in Zorko and a rookie (Briggs?)?
... and keep some cash up my sleeve

Defenders
Laird, Ridley, Williams, Mills, Gould, Highmore, Kosi, Chugg

Midfielders
Bontempelli, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Cripps, Zorko, Heppell, Bianco, Valente, Bruhn, Downie, Gulden

Rucks
Gawn, Grundy, Meek

Forwards
Dunkley, Bolton, Ziebell, Daniher, Briggs, Brockman, Rowe, Bergman

Bully

Grab Dusty if you can.

Samsturmfels

Quote from: volvelle on March 09, 2021, 03:43:41 PM
I have gone backwards and forwards about Dow - I don't think I can trust him.  I agree fully with your assessment of him and as supporter I love him, but can't put him in my team ... even at that price

Defenders

Midfielders
Bontempelli, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Cripps, Zorko, Heppell, Bianco, Valente, Bruhn, Downie, Gulden

Rucks
Gawn, Grundy, Meek

Forwards
Id trade Williams if you are going for rank as he is out rd 1. Need to monitor Mills as he is on the injury list as a 'test'. Dont understand why Zorko and Danger are in the mids. Valente probably wont be playing rd 1. Love the Bolton pod pick.

Bully

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 09, 2021, 08:57:51 PM
Quote from: volvelle on March 09, 2021, 03:43:41 PM

Defenders

Midfielders

Rucks
Gawn, Grundy, Meek

Forwards
Id trade Williams if you are going for rank as he is out rd 1. Need to monitor Mills as he is on the injury list as a 'test'. Dont understand why Zorko and Danger are in the mids. Valente probably wont be playing rd 1. Love the Bolton pod pick.

Doesn't matter where Zorko & Danger start, they will find themselves in the forward line eventually. Good strategy as these two are even money to finish top 6.

volvelle

So ... do you get rid of Williams for one round and then bring him in?
My thought is that first round, I can wear a potential donut and save a trade - he is going to be in at some point as he is under priced I believe and will score in his midfield role.

It may cost me in the ranking for that first round is my only concern

Bully

Quote from: volvelle on March 10, 2021, 12:23:11 PM
My thought is that first round, I can wear a potential donut and save a trade - he is going to be in at some point as he is under priced I believe and will score in his midfield role.

If I have to stretch my premo cover to D5 then I'll probably just field a rookie for this round & pick Williams. Not ideal but the other choices in the price range don't excite me.

Colliwobblers

my thinking with williams is youve got 3 rounds to act, surely by then something goes sideways and you have to trade out and he's your in before his first price rise.

problem with holding him round one is the fact there might not be enough playing rookies.

Ringo

Quote from: Bully on March 10, 2021, 01:06:54 PM
Quote from: volvelle on March 10, 2021, 12:23:11 PM

If I have to stretch my premo cover to D5 then I'll probably just field a rookie for this round & pick Williams. Not ideal but the other choices in the price range don't excite me.
Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 10, 2021, 11:24:42 PM
my thinking with williams is youve got 3 rounds to act, surely by then something goes sideways and you have to trade out and he's your in before his first price rise.

problem with holding him round one is the fact there might not be enough playing rookies.
I am seriously considering going down this line if we have 2 rookies available Rd .  Williams will be D5.

Mat0369

The way I look at it is you can start Williams or another premium in his place. If that premium scores a 90 and your rookie ends up being a donut you're chasing 90 points on the season. If the rookies scores a 50 it's 40 points you need to make up. That's also assuming Williams doesn't miss any more games which he notoriously does. I'd grab another premium and bank the points.

volvelle

The last week before the season starts and the changes come in thick and fast.
I'd like to say that the following team is now set until teams are named ... but I know myself and more changes are sure to come.
All thoughts and suggestions welcomed

Defenders
Laird, Ridley, Stewart, Howe, Kosi, Highmore, Gould, Chugg

Midfielders
Bontempelli, Dangerfield, Fyfe, Cripps, Martin, Heppell, Rowell, Bruhn, Gulden, Bianco, Downie, Lazzaro

Rucks
Gawn, Grundy, Meek

Forwards
Dunkley, Ziebell, Daniher, Dow,Briggs, Brockman, Rowe, Bergman

Bully

Defence bench looks vulnerable, think you need to get Kosi to D7.

Colliwobblers

Looks good, I'd be happy enough with clark at D5 pushing Kozi to D6

maybe at the expense of one of the mid priced mids, not sure dropping dow would give you enough and those with dow seem to really want him :)

Mat0369

If you're brining in Clark you can downgrade Heppell to him and pocket some cash. It would make it pretty easy to turn Gould into someone like Campbell in the midfield to add a rookie you don't have

volvelle

Quick question ...

Rowell +$106K cash
or/
Boak + $11K cash

Still waiting to finalise rookies when the teams are released