Main Menu

Who Should We Target?

Started by Torpedo10, September 15, 2012, 10:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

think our backline is fine right now even when Fletch retires they just need another pre season

Goddard, Carlisle, Hardingham, Hibberd, Dempsey, Hooker, Pears, Heppell, NLM

Goddard and Heppell will rotate through the midfield

Baguley did some good things this year should get senior listed in the draft

when Fletch retires hopefully Daniher will be getting games by then and one of Hurley or Ryder can play down back if need be

AFEV

If we play Hurley and/or Ryder down back just to plug holes I'll be furious.

Looking forward we have Carlisle, Pears, Hooker.

Not enough in my opinion. Gillies will be super cheap.

kilbluff1985

Not so much to plug holes mate but we might have Gumby, Daniher, Crameri playing forward at the same time in a year or two wont really need Hurley or Ryder down there so may aswell put them down back where they are also both very good

i know Daniher will take time that's why i said a year or 2 but could be longer i guess

silloc

imo hurley plays better down back (setting up play and dominating contest) and ryder underperforms when he is forwards, seems to play his best footy in the ruck or chb.

i also read talks of joe playing as early as round 1, miight not have the body yet, but apparently his skill makes up for it.

im a tad unsure what we need.. if anything maybe someone who can play on your small fwds, pity lonergan was too slow. gonna miss that kid, if he doesn't get picked by other clubs i hope they rookie him.

Torpedo10

Quote from: silloc on October 31, 2012, 08:25:18 PM
imo hurley plays better down back (setting up play and dominating contest) and ryder underperforms when he is forwards, seems to play his best footy in the ruck or chb.

i also read talks of joe playing as early as round 1, miight not have the body yet, but apparently his skill makes up for it.

im a tad unsure what we need.. if anything maybe someone who can play on your small fwds, pity lonergan was too slow. gonna miss that kid, if he doesn't get picked by other clubs i hope they rookie him.
Mate, Joe was touted as a top 5 or EVEN MAYBE top 3 pick if he wasn't F/S. Bargain for the bombers.

silloc

yeah, i just mean when does a ruck sized kid come up straight away, it doesn't happen(naitanui is an exception to the rule). Even if he doesn't play next year, plenty of time for him to develop before our oldies go and we need him.

edit: forgot kreuzer, i should think more b4 i type, but it still doesn't happen often

Ringo

Quote from: silloc on November 01, 2012, 01:03:41 PM
yeah, i just mean when does a ruck sized kid come up straight away, it doesn't happen(naitanui is an exception to the rule). Even if he doesn't play next year, plenty of time for him to develop before our oldies go and we need him.

edit: forgot kreuzer, i should think more b4 i type, but it still doesn't happen often
Agree here - Look at Longer and the Lions this year.  Daniher will be similar both young and bodies still developing but will be great for you guys in 2 years time.

stew42

True, I don't think Daniher will get many games at all in 2013, why people are locking him in confuses me somewhat...

AFEV

Quote from: stew42 on November 02, 2012, 12:57:41 PM
True, I don't think Daniher will get many games at all in 2013, why people are locking him in confuses me somewhat...
Confuses me as well. Don't understand why so many people think he's going to have an immediate impact...It's not like we desperately need to inject a KPF and he has said himself that he doesn't expect to play a great deal in 2013.

ossie85

Quote from: Sid on November 02, 2012, 12:59:31 PM
Confuses me as well. Don't understand why so many people think he's going to have an immediate impact...It's not like we desperately need to inject a KPF and he has said himself that he doesn't expect to play a great deal in 2013.

They all say they don't expect to play a lot in the first year, but I agree. Key position players at minimum have to wait until year 2 (Gumby's still waiting!).

elephants

Quote from: Sid on October 30, 2012, 10:21:07 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 30, 2012, 08:28:28 PM
Quote from: Sid on October 30, 2012, 08:16:48 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 30, 2012, 07:42:05 PM
Isn't that what Myers is for?
Myers is an inside mid..?

Swear I see him playing back? He's 191 cm.
Jobe is 190cm. :P

He did play down back but has since developed into an inside midfielder.

While we are comparing heights...

Barlow is 192cm... And so is Darling!!

Capper

Quote from: ossie85 on November 02, 2012, 03:20:48 PM

They all say they don't expect to play a lot in the first year, but I agree. Key position players at minimum have to wait until year 2 (Gumby's still waiting!).
They said the same about Mitchell at the Swans this year. He was never going to play in the 1s this year, he might next at some stage.

I can see Hurley being a force on the half back line with Goddard, he has the strength and the ball skills to become a great out let player and distributor

silloc

Quote from: tabs on November 02, 2012, 08:11:58 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on November 02, 2012, 03:20:48 PM

They said the same about Mitchell at the Swans this year. He was never going to play in the 1s this year, he might next at some stage.

I can see Hurley being a force on the half back line with Goddard, he has the strength and the ball skills to become a great out let player and distributor

if anything i find hurley being fwrd a waste

AFEV

Jacobs going into the ND.

Our second rounder is before NM so we are in the box seat for him now. If he's still there at our second round pick I'd say we will pick him up.

Also...

TIPPAAAAAAA!

kilbluff1985

might be better option available for pick 35 like Rory Atkins, Jacob Ballard

i would prefer either of them from what i have read and i'm taking one of them in the phantom draft when it finally gets to pick 35 unless someone has slipped through that i like more