Fletcher -- on and on and on and on

Started by valkorum, April 13, 2011, 03:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-coach-james-hird-in-awe-of-dustin-fletcher/story-e6frf9jf-1226038518493

I thought this was a good article about Fletcher

QuoteIn his 19th AFL season, his career has outlasted every player in both his premiership sides - the last survivor of the 2000 flag-winners still playing at Essendon.

Alex7089

Playing 3 rucks. Interesting but I can see why. Belly probably won't get past R4 or 5 though. Once Hille is fit.

He is completely right, Fletch is our most important player he is our entire defensive structure.

ossie85

It's fricken insane that Fletcher is the last remaining player in the 2000 side, and he played in 1993 also.

HillHero13

Sheahan said something about him aswel.

he i think is probably 1st or 2nd best full-back in the comp atm.

if he get's injured you would have to say he will retire

but i hope he can get to 400 games

his like a player/coach

he is amazing

TheHanger

Fletch being the only remaining 2000 premiership shows just how badly we recruited around that time. I mean it was only 11 years ago now we should have a few players at least.

Boomz

Why Hanger? Say the players were 22 minimum in 2000 that would make them 32-33 now... Not many players play at 33 :-\

TheHanger

well maybe not the actuall premiership team but look at the recruits from that era. no one has come through and there were no good youngsters in that team.

Maca24

Quote from: TheHanger on April 15, 2011, 01:50:34 AM
well maybe not the actuall premiership team but look at the recruits from that era. no one has come through and there were no good youngsters in that team.
Hangar your way off mate. who would want a team of 34yr olds right now lol.
We mustve recruited well back then if we had players like Fletcher, Lloyd, Lucas and Hird in their youth playing in grand finals.

TheHanger

what about players like Marc Bullen, Sam Hunt and all those other failures. Half our team from around 2000-2004 is gone when they should be the leaders of the team around 27 years old

roo boys!

Fletcher is amazing. And he went to my school ;D

And his kids go now.
And his dad coaches the footy team :D

Alex7089

I wonder if he will ever play with one of his kids :P

Hanger, mate, only great players make it 11 seasons. You could say the same about the team we played in that GF. Melbourne, experience similar amounts of success (less in the early 00's) and are in the same place we are.

If you want to go on about drafting how about the Tiges for the better part of 20 years.

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 16, 2011, 10:47:38 AM
I wonder if he will ever play with one of his kids :P

They're like 7 so would be quite a feat! :P

Alex7089

Well if Fletch can get to 46 it is a real possibility! If they are freaks, he could play with them in the local B's when they are like 12 :P

HillHero13

that tackle on Garlett shows he can go about 3 more years maybe longer

FLETCHER <3

Maca24

Quote from: HillHero13 on April 16, 2011, 06:58:18 PM
that tackle on Garlett shows he can go about 3 more years maybe longer

FLETCHER <3
Would be sinful if they force him to retire at the end of the season.
Deserves another year for sure.