EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Tominator, I like Team 2 best but not sold on Anelka but I have no sound reasoning to not like him.

T Dog

Quote from: timmyparso on August 13, 2013, 02:04:14 PM
Quote from: T Dog on August 13, 2013, 01:04:06 PM
Hey Guys

T Dog going around again..any suggestions please

GKP:  Mignolet   (Vorm)
Def:   Ivanovic, Shawcross, Mertesacker  (Turner,  Clyne)
Mid:   Santi Corzola,  Hazard , Valencia , Colback   (Thomas)
Fwd:   Dzeko, RVP, Anelka

I think Santi will have Spain dutys so will be in doubt for GW1, maybe replace with Walcott. I'm not sure on Dzeko's JS as Man City have made some big off season recruits so will be rotated heavily.

Thanks TP

I have settled on this team for week 1 now

GKP:  Mignolet   (Davis )
Def:   Ivanovic, Evra, Mertesacker, Baker  (Garrido)
Mid:   Walcott,  Hazard (C)  , Michu , Fellaini   (Colback)
Fwd:   Soldado, Lambert   (Anelka)

Fielding Baker over Anelka this week for his double game points...is this too risky?

timmyparso

Baker is up against Chelsea and Arsenal and may lose points conceeding goals, I don't expect a clean sheet either. Do you have a spare Mil to upgrade Baker to someone like Rat? Fellini to Mirallas will help. Apparently Mirallas will be playing out of position and play more forward than Fellini at Everton.

T Dog

Chelskiman

This is what I'm rolling with atm.  I only have Crouch as had 6.0 left over so I picked the person who had the most points, and it was him, lol.  Going with 3-52 at the moment but might go with 4-5-1 as my forwards aren't that strong.  Thoughts?

eaglesman

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on August 12, 2013, 06:51:23 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on August 11, 2013, 09:40:50 PM
alright lads, I gotta be honest I have no real idea what I am doing hahaha ... i put about 25 minutes of work into this googled a site to help me and this is what I have come up with ... Have a new mate who is english and told him I am ranked 12th in afle supercoach and he said mate u have to get involved in FPL .... here is my first ever attempt at this... what are your thoughts

Oh btw I support Chelsea :)

Mignolet (Boruc)

Baines Zabaleta Koscielny (hudson shaw)

Hazard Walcott Mirallas Snodgrass (Gunnarsson)

Lambert Lukaku Bony

This could be absolute rubbish and I wouldnt know the difference so any help would be great

... any must haves please let me know and any bargain based players that I havent got please help me out :) gotta beat these blokes haha

Welcome to FPL Eaglesman,

First up congrats on a top SC season! Looks like scores are closing up again at the top with the end nigh. I too hope to be stressing at the pointy end one day  :D

I would be inclined to look at finding some better value for money defenders and pumping some $$ forward to get RVP, or Bale that you can captain each week just for some piece of mind. Unless you are captaining one of the Chelsea players GW1; in which case you can plan to bring either of RVP/Bale in at the end of GW1 as part of your plan to get those players out of your team

Formation is good, and all picks are FPL relevant. Boruc / Mignolet is an excellent GKP combination. With double GW1 matches for Villa and Chelsea I would be thinking about Mata and Benteke as well. Great options to have in your team, but you will have to get them out for GW3.

The biggest difference you will find between SC FPL is the pricing mechanisms. FPL is dynamic in the sense that prices can change every day. Prices are based on net trades for the week.

Here is the best run-through of price changes I have found. It will give you a little insight.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/making-millions-in-the-fantasy-premier-league-game/

Trade timing can make a real difference to your year, and while it may be counterintuitive to SC you are better off in most cases trading earlier in the week. You run a risk that a player doesn't front on Saturday but can also be a .2-.5 difference in your cashflow if you make the trade early.

Bargain basement player?? - Anelka is one I dismissed a few weeks back based on his record last year in the Chinese Super League, however, he is getting harder and harder to ignore based on pre-season form.

Thanks so much for the reply

My team as of now is

Mignolet

Ivanovic Baines Zabaleta

Hazard Coutinho Snodgrass Mirallas

Soldado Anelka Benteke

(boruc hudson Britton shaw)

thoughts???

Ok so I am just trying to make sure I am understanding this right .. I roll with this team to start game week one and unless there is an injury I roll with it game week 2 ??? meaning i save my free transfer? ... then in gameweek 3 i look to transfer ivanovic to say mertesacker and benteke/hazard to someone? ... what would be the strategy here?

just read about these wildcards .. wouldnt it make sense to load up on chelsea and villa players? and then just wildcard the hell out of them? or is it better to save the wildcard for later?
My SC theory is to maximise points asap dont worry about all this saving trades business, points in the bag early seems to work i think

lolrocket

Played for the first time last year and came about 50th in Australia and about 3-4000th in the world although I think it was a bit of a fluke :P

Current team is:

Mignolet

Mertesacker, Ivanovic, Coleman

Coutinho, Hazard, Mirallas, Nolan

Anelka, Van Persie, Altidore

(Mannone, Routledge, Whittaker, Baker)

To be honest I don't like how weak the rest of my team becomes when having Van Persie and I'm not sold whether Van Persie will be worth the 14m whilst playing in a potentially struggling Man Utd but having either him or Bale seems necessary and Bale is in doubt for GW1 apparently.

Not sure on going for Coutinho who has been ripping up pre-season and the end of last year or one of Oscar and Schurrle on double gameweek. I reckon Schurrle will do well under Mourinho.

Also, are there any other leagues I should know about apart from the ones in the first post of the thread?

Andrew3737

Chelskiman

Quote from: lolrocket on August 15, 2013, 08:19:54 PM
To be honest I don't like how weak the rest of my team becomes when having Van Persie and I'm not sold whether Van Persie will be worth the 14m whilst playing in a potentially struggling Man Utd but having either him or Bale seems necessary and Bale is in doubt for GW1 apparently.

I don't think either are must haves.  Both could go big again, but you get a much more balanced side if you don't pick either of them.  I'd rather have the possibility to score decent every week than hope Van Perise scores every week, which he will basically have to do to justify his massive price.

lolrocket

Quote from: Chelskiman on August 15, 2013, 09:25:37 PMI don't think either are must haves.  Both could go big again, but you get a much more balanced side if you don't pick either of them.  I'd rather have the possibility to score decent every week than hope Van Perise scores every week, which he will basically have to do to justify his massive price.

You've helped to convince me that Soldado, Benteke and Lukaku are a much better forward line

Chelskiman

Quote from: lolrocket on August 15, 2013, 09:56:22 PM
Quote from: Chelskiman on August 15, 2013, 09:25:37 PMI don't think either are must haves.  Both could go big again, but you get a much more balanced side if you don't pick either of them.  I'd rather have the possibility to score decent every week than hope Van Perise scores every week, which he will basically have to do to justify his massive price.

You've helped to convince me that Soldado, Benteke and Lukaku are a much better forward line

Yep, and that's a much better forward line then Van Perise, Anelka and Altidore.  You could even downgrade Lukaku to a someone like Lambert, or even keep one of Altidore or Anelka, and use the extra cash to really strengthen your team (that's if you're not planning on using three strikers).

eaglesman

Quote from: Chelskiman on August 15, 2013, 10:14:21 PM
Quote from: lolrocket on August 15, 2013, 09:56:22 PM

Yep, and that's a much better forward line then Van Perise, Anelka and Altidore.  You could even downgrade Lukaku to a someone like Lambert, or even keep one of Altidore or Anelka, and use the extra cash to really strengthen your team (that's if you're not planning on using three strikers).

i just got van persie in :/ ... fiddling with my defense ... currently have mertesacker distin williams (hudson clyne) rate defense?

elephants

Hooper @ 6.5 screams bargain to me.

Thoughts?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: KoopKicka on August 14, 2013, 02:09:17 PM
Looking like this is the team ill take into GW1

Mignolet (Harper)
Ivanovic, Coleman, Demel (Amorebieta, Toure)
Hazard, Mata, Mirallas, Ben Arfa (Koren)
Saldado, Bony, Vydra (when he is added to the game)

Goalies: Pretty stock standard here. Mignolet will be in most starting teams. Jaask is the only other one that Im considering due to the soft draw after GW1
Defence: Ivanovic is there purely for the DGW, going straight to Mertestacker after GW1. Coleman is playing OOP on a wing and attacking so hopefully he nets a few. Demel has a knack of finding the back too. Toure and Amorebieta are both just cover.
Midfield: Hazard and Mata are in for the DGW, not sure about after that but tbh theres not many proven high-scoring midfielders this year. Im waiting for the likes of Paulinho, Walcott etc to prove themselves before I jump on. Mirallas is one of the most exciting players in the game and just edged out my favourite EPL player Pienaar. Ben Arfa is my balls-of-steel risk. His draw after GW1 is incredibly soft and I think he has the potenial to go absolutely bang. Koren is Hull's spotkicker. So he is good bench cover.
Forwards: Soldado is a deadset lock, no questions asked. Still have concerns on Bony and how he and Michu are going to relate. Vydra is my POD and I think he will take Lukaku's role and score very well. He scored at more than a goal every 2 games last season and was the Championship player of the Year.

In the first GW I am planning a 4-3-3 formation with Toure joining the field for Ben Arfa, both should swap places in GW2.

*= I need Vydra to come in at 6.5mil or less.

Thoughts?

Ill get around to reviewing a few teams soon too.

Cheers.

Hey Koop,

Mignolet is obviously a lock, but Hull will run with McGregor as their first choice Gkp. It doesn't look like there will be a Gkp at 4.0 as first choice this year, so hopefully you have .5 somewhere to sink into that position for a Mannone/Boruc type.

Ivanovic is obviously a good choice. Scores well, and works with a defence that SHOULD keep at least one clean sheet for the DGW. I also like the move to Mertesacker. I had him for a lot of last year and he served me well. Not prolific, but seemed to provide points when I needed them. Demel and Coleman are both good choices, but I would rather have seen them at 4.5. 5.0 is one step away from requiring them to be a regular contributor to your score. You will need to be confident that both Everton and West Ham are going to improve on last years performance as a unit.

Hazard and Mata are clearly locks for GW1. For me the only choice after these two for the DGW becomes Chelsea Fwd vs. Chelsea Def. Mirallas is a really good unique choice as long as he is playing 90 minutes week in and week out. Are you a Everton fan out of interest? Seems you know something there  ;) As for Ben Arfa back him in and go for it. If he's going to score heavy it will be early on.

Bony I am quite the advocate for; as I mentioned quite a while ago the Dutch seem to take to the English game well. Look at the list that have come and taken the EPL by storm. Soldado is obviously a gun, but because your backing in Ben Arfa I suggest looking for a proven EPL striker first, just as an insurance policy. The razors edge here is that he has C Palace first up and if he has no issues adapting he is just as likely to carve them up. Vydra is still a no-show in the game by the looks.

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: elephants on August 15, 2013, 10:23:15 PM
Hooper @ 6.5 screams bargain to me.

Thoughts?

If he is over his injury scare then yes, should be good value. Apparently he is 'in contention' to play against Everton.