EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Cheers lads, that was the plan. Thinking Mata.

stew42

First timer here lads, thoughts?

Cech (Harper)
Baker, Whittaker, Williams (Cuellar, Garrido)
Mata, Hazard, Snodgrass, Colback, Wanyama
RvP, Soldado (Anelka)

benjy251090

Here is another go at my team, thoughts?

Mignolet (Steklenberg)

Baines - Ivanovic - Mertersacker (Clyne - Hudson)

Hazard - Gerrard - Fellaini - Arteta - Whittingham

Soldado - Lukaku (Phillips)

Jackross10

Quote from: benjy251090 on August 13, 2013, 09:16:57 PM
Here is another go at my team, thoughts?

Mignolet (Steklenberg)

Baines - Ivanovic - Mertersacker (Clyne - Hudson)

Hazard - Gerrard - Fellaini - Arteta - Whittingham

Soldado - Lukaku (Phillips)

Crazy good team here mate ' mine is similar

Baines Ivan Mert.      Whittaker Ward
Hazard Nolan Snodgrass Coutinho Silva
Soldado Lukaku.    Moore

Appreciate thoughts

CrowsFan

I have had absolutely no time to look at this the last few weeks. My team is going to be rubbish this year :(

KoopKicka

Looking like this is the team ill take into GW1

Mignolet (Harper)
Ivanovic, Coleman, Demel (Amorebieta, Toure)
Hazard, Mata, Mirallas, Ben Arfa (Koren)
Saldado, Bony, Vydra (when he is added to the game)

Goalies: Pretty stock standard here. Mignolet will be in most starting teams. Jaask is the only other one that Im considering due to the soft draw after GW1
Defence: Ivanovic is there purely for the DGW, going straight to Mertestacker after GW1. Coleman is playing OOP on a wing and attacking so hopefully he nets a few. Demel has a knack of finding the back too. Toure and Amorebieta are both just cover.
Midfield: Hazard and Mata are in for the DGW, not sure about after that but tbh theres not many proven high-scoring midfielders this year. Im waiting for the likes of Paulinho, Walcott etc to prove themselves before I jump on. Mirallas is one of the most exciting players in the game and just edged out my favourite EPL player Pienaar. Ben Arfa is my balls-of-steel risk. His draw after GW1 is incredibly soft and I think he has the potenial to go absolutely bang. Koren is Hull's spotkicker. So he is good bench cover.
Forwards: Soldado is a deadset lock, no questions asked. Still have concerns on Bony and how he and Michu are going to relate. Vydra is my POD and I think he will take Lukaku's role and score very well. He scored at more than a goal every 2 games last season and was the Championship player of the Year.

In the first GW I am planning a 4-3-3 formation with Toure joining the field for Ben Arfa, both should swap places in GW2.

*= I need Vydra to come in at 6.5mil or less.

Thoughts?

Ill get around to reviewing a few teams soon too.

Cheers.

Luigi197

Mignolet
Zabaleta, Baines, Mertersacker
Snodgrass, Mata, Hazard, Coutinho
Anelka, Soldado, Berbatov
(Davis, Baker, Colback, Mcnaughton)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Luigi197 on August 12, 2013, 10:22:47 PM
Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on August 12, 2013, 10:07:04 PM
Okay,

After many, many changes take a look at let me know what you think.

This is a GW1 team only. I will be playing my wildcard at the end of GW1 in a cash grab to pad out my budget a bit.

GKP: Mignolet (Bunn)
Def: Collins, Cuellar, Clark (Baker, Whittaker)
Mid: Mata (C), Bale, Walcott, Hazard (VC) (Colback)
Fwd: Benteke, Lukaku, Anelka

The players on the bench are just there to make up the numbers in this case and not important for now. They will change dramatically after GW1

are you sure you want to do this?
I mean, not only do i disagree in you splashing out everything for this week with 2 teams with a double gameweek, only to use the wildcard later, but i also disagree with your timing.

there will be weeks later on when you have multiple teams such as Man U, Man City and Chelsea, ALL with a double gameweek. plus you never know if you need that wildcard for later.

Absolutely I am going to play it Luigi...

I have played the Wildcard at many times of the season except early, and to be honest I have found that it doesn't really make a huge difference scoring wise, so I am looking to use it for the purposes of increasing my bankroll. If it is being used late in the season surely you would have half of the team you want in the first place making it a bit of a waste. Last year I used it Round 13, and using the Price Change tool which I pasted a link to somewhere in this thread, I was able to make about 1.8 for that gameweek.

I think people place too much emphasis in the double gameweeks. Think about it, in reality there arent that many of them... last year we had approx 6-7 DGW from memory. Lets break them down, and the reason DGW occur.

DGW occur for two main reasons:

Fixturing clashes with other competitions.
External issues beyond our control.

Last year's DGW, and the reasons they occured

Early December - Tottenham vs. Villa? (Riot)  ::)
Mid January - Chelsea vs. ......... (World Club Challenge)
Mid January - Arsenal vs. West Ham? (Metro transport strike Boxing day)
There were 3-4 in Feb/March/April/May due to CL/FA Cup

PL teams don't enter the FA Cup or League Cup until around December, so there will be no DGW under normal circumstances before then. Looking at last year the first legitimate DGW was Mid January with Chelsea, when you have a January Wildcard in any case. For mine leaving it until GW30-odd which is when the other DGW occur is too late. Yes you will get a scoring spike, but you will all ready be behind and just making up ground.

The year before, whilst I can't recall bugger all of that was very similair.

The year before that was an out and out exception. During December there was absolute chaos as games were cancelled left right and centre due to frozen pitches. Once again this is something out of our control, and we can't / shouldn't set our teams up to deal with that until it occurs.

In summary, under normal circumstances you won't see DGW's until January when you have a Wildcard to use any way, and when most of the DGW occur in Feb-May, for mine that is too late (There were 3 or 4, and you only get one wildcard so you still have to pick ONE).

I might as well make some use of it and pocket myself some cold hard cash early. ;D

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: timmyparso on August 13, 2013, 02:14:48 PM
Okay,

This is a GW1 team only. I will be playing my wildcard at the end of GW1 in a cash grab to pad out my budget a bit.

The players on the bench are just there to make up the numbers in this case and not important for now. They will change dramatically after GW1

I'm not in favour of the early Wildcard use.

Villla's DGW is very tough so not convinced that even Benteke would be worth selecting. I'd also expect Lukaku to be sharing the striker role with Ba and even Torres so may only get 1 full game although he has had a good off season.

Bale is injured and unlikely to play even if he does stay at Tottenham.

Clark in defence is unlikely to give any benifit with the DGW against Cheslea and Arsenal, extremely unlikely for a clean sheet and may conceed too many goals for even 2 points per game.

I'm actually not going near Villa players for now, may look at Benteke or Baker when their draw softens up.

Cheers Timmy,

Yeah, Clark will probably go but Benteke has convinced me he deserves a spot for GW1. I completely forgot about Bale' injury, but his icon is yellow now so will be changed. I just felt he was better for GW1 than RVP :)

And Lukaku is now a head scratcher. He was locked, but now that Nando doesn't look to be going to Ecuador it really complicates that pick. Do you think maybe Mata, Hazard, Chelsea defender instead?

Luigi197

Are you going for overall by any chance VSA?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Luigi197 on August 14, 2013, 10:10:11 PM

Always ;)

Honestly, my aim is top 10,000.

Jackross10

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on August 14, 2013, 10:15:19 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on August 14, 2013, 10:10:11 PM

Always ;)

Honestly, my aim is top 10,000.

I am going to try this aswell, probably have no chance considering first season of this ! What is your team like VSA?

timmyparso

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on August 14, 2013, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on August 13, 2013, 02:14:48 PM
Okay,

I'm not in favour of the early Wildcard use.

Villla's DGW is very tough so not convinced that even Benteke would be worth selecting. I'd also expect Lukaku to be sharing the striker role with Ba and even Torres so may only get 1 full game although he has had a good off season.

Bale is injured and unlikely to play even if he does stay at Tottenham.

Clark in defence is unlikely to give any benifit with the DGW against Cheslea and Arsenal, extremely unlikely for a clean sheet and may conceed too many goals for even 2 points per game.

I'm actually not going near Villa players for now, may look at Benteke or Baker when their draw softens up.

Cheers Timmy,

Yeah, Clark will probably go but Benteke has convinced me he deserves a spot for GW1. I completely forgot about Bale' injury, but his icon is yellow now so will be changed. I just felt he was better for GW1 than RVP :)

And Lukaku is now a head scratcher. He was locked, but now that Nando doesn't look to be going to Ecuador it really complicates that pick. Do you think maybe Mata, Hazard, Chelsea defender instead?

Looks like you already have Hazard and Mata so Chelsea defender against 2 weak opponent may be the way to go, Benteke is the only one likely to score on Chelsea, so you'd expect at least 1 clean sheet. I've got Ivanovic in my defence but Cole may be an option or even Oscar in mids.

You you know what is happening with Spain this week? aren't they playing a game which may take Mata away for one of the games? I noticed you have the big "C" on Mata, I'd put it on Hazard as he'd give you 2 full games.

Tominator

TEAM 1

GK - Mignolet (Harper)

DEF - Ivanovic, Mertesacker, Bassong (Baker, Garrido)

MID - Bale, Hazard, Walcott, Snodgrass (Wanyama)

FWD - Anelka, Benteke, Lukaku

TEAM 2

GK - Mignolet (Harper)

DEF - Ivanovic, Mertesacker, Bassong (Baker, Garrido)

MID - Hazard, Mata, Walcott, Snodgrass (Wanyama)

FWD - Benteke, Soldado, Anelka

TEAM 3

GK - Mignolet (Harper)

DEF - Johnson, Mertesacker, Bassong (Whittaker, Baker)

MID - Hazard, Coutinho, Walcott, Snodgrass (Colback)

FWD - RVP, Lambert, Anelka

TEAM 4

GK - Mannone (Harper)

DEF - Ivanovic, Mertesacker, Garrido (Whittaker, Baker)

MID - Coutinho, Hazard, Walcott, Mirallas (Colback)

FWD - RVP, Lambert, Anelka

timmyparso

I note that Sessegnon is not in many teams, Sunderland have a good run of games early and he had a strong second half season last year.

Am I missing something, thought he'd be a good pick at 7M