EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

How does this look:

Gk: Mignolet (Mannone)
Def: Ivanovic, Zabaleta, Coleman (Garrido, Amorebieta)
Mid: Hazard, Walcott, Mirallas, Nolan, Sessegnon
Fwd: Soldado, Giroud (Gayle)

First trade after DGW will be Ivanovic to Mertesaker

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Okay,

After many, many changes take a look at let me know what you think.

This is a GW1 team only. I will be playing my wildcard at the end of GW1 in a cash grab to pad out my budget a bit.

GKP: Mignolet (Bunn)
Def: Collins, Cuellar, Clark (Baker, Whittaker)
Mid: Mata (C), Bale, Walcott, Hazard (VC) (Colback)
Fwd: Benteke, Lukaku, Anelka

The players on the bench are just there to make up the numbers in this case and not important for now. They will change dramatically after GW1

Luigi197

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on August 12, 2013, 10:07:04 PM
Okay,

This is a GW1 team only. I will be playing my wildcard at the end of GW1 in a cash grab to pad out my budget a bit.

The players on the bench are just there to make up the numbers in this case and not important for now. They will change dramatically after GW1

are you sure you want to do this?
I mean, not only do i disagree in you splashing out everything for this week with 2 teams with a double gameweek, only to use the wildcard later, but i also disagree with your timing.

there will be weeks later on when you have multiple teams such as Man U, Man City and Chelsea, ALL with a double gameweek. plus you never know if you need that wildcard for later.

DazBurg

guys can i get some advice on some good cheap defenders?

so far i have
Rat, mertesacker, Garrido (baker, Diakite) (doesn't look like Diakite will be playng but read some good things on him as sunderland just bought him in....same with Rat but rat has been playing pre season well for west ham)

any help would be much appreciated

elephants

Quote from: DazBurg on August 13, 2013, 10:33:19 AM
guys can i get some advice on some good cheap defenders?

so far i have
Rat, mertesacker, Garrido (baker, Diakite) (doesn't look like Diakite will be playng but read some good things on him as sunderland just bought him in....same with Rat but rat has been playing pre season well for west ham)

any help would be much appreciated

Turner from Norwich for 4.5 is said to be pretty decent value. Also Clyne and Shaw from Southampton are also good buys :)

T Dog

Hey Guys

T Dog going around again..any suggestions please

GKP:  Mignolet   (Vorm)
Def:   Ivanovic, Shawcross, Mertesacker  (Turner,  Clyne)
Mid:   Santi Corzola,  Hazard , Valencia , Colback   (Thomas)
Fwd:   Dzeko, RVP, Anelka

antonc

Have made a Sportal league

FF EPL League

invite code: 300871

Anyone interested?

Tominator

ignore the fact that Villa have a Double GW in  GW 1

Which combo is better?

Bale, Bassong, Wanyama, Benteke

OR

RVP, Shawcross, Paulinho, Colback

timmyparso

Quote from: Tominator on August 13, 2013, 01:45:07 PM
ignore the fact that Villa have a Double GW in  GW 1

Which combo is better?

Bale, Bassong, Wanyama, Benteke

OR

RVP, Shawcross, Paulinho, Colback

Would go with the second one, Bale is injured so even if he does stay at Tottenham he will likely sit out GW1.

timmyparso

Quote from: T Dog on August 13, 2013, 01:04:06 PM
Hey Guys

T Dog going around again..any suggestions please

GKP:  Mignolet   (Vorm)
Def:   Ivanovic, Shawcross, Mertesacker  (Turner,  Clyne)
Mid:   Santi Corzola,  Hazard , Valencia , Colback   (Thomas)
Fwd:   Dzeko, RVP, Anelka

I think Santi will have Spain dutys so will be in doubt for GW1, maybe replace with Walcott. I'm not sure on Dzeko's JS as Man City have made some big off season recruits so will be rotated heavily.

timmyparso

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on August 12, 2013, 10:07:04 PM
Okay,

I'm not in favour of the early Wildcard use.

Villla's DGW is very tough so not convinced that even Benteke would be worth selecting. I'd also expect Lukaku to be sharing the striker role with Ba and even Torres so may only get 1 full game although he has had a good off season.

Bale is injured and unlikely to play even if he does stay at Tottenham.

Clark in defence is unlikely to give any benifit with the DGW against Cheslea and Arsenal, extremely unlikely for a clean sheet and may conceed too many goals for even 2 points per game.

I'm actually not going near Villa players for now, may look at Benteke or Baker when their draw softens up.

Chelskiman

Quote from: antonc on August 13, 2013, 01:33:36 PM
Have made a Sportal league

FF EPL League

invite code: 300871

Anyone interested?

Sure, I'm in.  May want to create a new thread for it though.

Nige

If Bale's injury makes him miss the first GW, is it worth benching him or starting with somebody else and bringing him in GW2?

Chelskiman

Quote from: NigeyS on August 13, 2013, 02:37:59 PM
If Bale's injury makes him miss the first GW, is it worth benching him or starting with somebody else and bringing him in GW2?

Start with somebody else.  You can afford anyone so having all that money on the bench is a waste.

timmyparso

Quote from: NigeyS on August 13, 2013, 02:37:59 PM

Start with someone else and wait and see what happens with the Real Madrid transfer offer, Bale really wants to go to Real Madrid but ManU are reportedly interested too.

Bale hasn't trained properly for 3-4 weeks so unsure when he'll be available play if he stays in the EPL (Tottenham or ManU).