EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on July 24, 2013, 10:40:53 PM
Official FPL FF Leagues

Okay Guys and Gals,

Two Leaues created and the League codes. I have limited the Head to Head League to 38 at this point. If we get those numbers then everyone plays each other once. If more show up to join we can make a call to either increase the size of this League to unlimited in which case not everyone will play each other, or create a Second Division; maybe with a view to some promotion/relegation next year?

FanFooty El CLassico (CLassic League) - League Code: 61032-114725

FFH2H (Head to Head League) - League Code: 61032-114769

Spread the word!

Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the absence.. I've been working on the vestiges that is my SC team  ::)

Anyway, just bumping this to the front (back?) of the thread. We are up to 31 contenders in each of the leagues now.

Note - H2H League For whatever unknown reason the limit of teams that can be entered into H2H League is 38. Firstly it means that everyone will play ONE other team twice. Not sure who at FPL didn't do the math, but that's the situation. Secondly, it is close to full so......

I will keep tabs on it as the week progresses and create a second 'FF H2H 'Championship' League for latecomers when the need arises if required.

So please share to those who would want to be in the main League as spots are drying up, and the more competition we have the better.

With regard to a possible promotion / relegation scenario between the two Leagues, I am thinking we have 6 up and 6 down due to the number of teams,..... OR next year we do FPL' work for them and split the top League into two divisons based on final standings with 20 teams in each so everyone plays the other teams twice.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on the best way forward?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: m-ry on August 01, 2013, 04:24:15 AM
750526-195632 H2H 18 teams only so you play every one twice and 1 person 3 time with 3 round knock out at the end

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Spain International Friendly Squad

EPL participants who are still part of the Spanish squad to travel to Ecuador, likely meaning they will miss GW1.

Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
Santi Cazorla (Arsenal)
Navas (Manchester City)
Silva (Manchester City)
Negredo (Manchester City)

Mata  8) and Torres  ::) look like they will be available for normal EPL duties GW1. 

Cicjose

Quote from: Tominator on August 12, 2013, 10:00:56 AM
Gary Hooper got stretchered off, not sure how serious it is, but something to be mindful of a week out from the start

Norwich interested in signing Ola Toivonen as well, would be a very very good get to add to Redmond, Fer, van Wolfswinkel and Hooper

Really like it Vinny!

Jukes is going into hibernation

PowerBug

The Bony - Kony - Wolfswinkel combo has to be the one that all n00bs go with. :P Doesn't get much better. ;D

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: vinny on August 11, 2013, 11:08:20 PM
I think everyone has locked Benteke mate so yes.

Okay with a bit of a research and help from a friend, here it is. Don't be too mean, I don't know anything about EPL. :P

Mignolet (Davis)
Baines Mertesacker Ivanovic (Baker Garrido)
Walcott Hazard Coutinho Wanyama (Colback)
Benteke Lambert Lukaku

Thoughts ? :)

Hi Vinny,

And welcome to FPL.

Good looking team first up. Be mindful you will need to get those Villa/Chelsea players out before GW3, or at least relegated to the bench but then you will need really good cover. Four players out in three weeks will mean a -8 point hit if you try to get all of them out. (In case your not aware - In EPL the first trade for the week is free, every subsequnt trade deducts 4 points from your total except.... If you don't trade one week, you can have two trades the next week for free before taking any points hits)

Lukaku was originally a lock for me, but now doing a little research to see how The Special One lines up his strikers seen as though Torres is likely to be available.

All your players are good picks, and you've hit the best formation squarely on the head! 3-5-2 is the other which attracts the best scores 'normally'. Every now and then you get a GW with a whole heap of clean sheets meaning 4 or 5 Defenders is the go, but this probably only happens half a dozen times a season.

No RVP or Bale is the biggest thing I've noticed. They are great perma-captains. RVP didn't supply at least a goal or assist in only 4 games last year from memory, and they were against teams headed for relagetion  :o RVP is pretty much good for 6 pts per week x2 as captain = 12. Bale a little less consistent, but ususally gets the 3 bonus points along with his goal when he scores, which pushes him up past 10 points every time he scores.

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: eaglesman on August 11, 2013, 09:40:50 PM
alright lads, I gotta be honest I have no real idea what I am doing hahaha ... i put about 25 minutes of work into this googled a site to help me and this is what I have come up with ... Have a new mate who is english and told him I am ranked 12th in afle supercoach and he said mate u have to get involved in FPL .... here is my first ever attempt at this... what are your thoughts

Oh btw I support Chelsea :)

Mignolet (Boruc)

Baines Zabaleta Koscielny (hudson shaw)

Hazard Walcott Mirallas Snodgrass (Gunnarsson)

Lambert Lukaku Bony

This could be absolute rubbish and I wouldnt know the difference so any help would be great

... any must haves please let me know and any bargain based players that I havent got please help me out :) gotta beat these blokes haha

Welcome to FPL Eaglesman,

First up congrats on a top SC season! Looks like scores are closing up again at the top with the end nigh. I too hope to be stressing at the pointy end one day  :D

I would be inclined to look at finding some better value for money defenders and pumping some $$ forward to get RVP, or Bale that you can captain each week just for some piece of mind. Unless you are captaining one of the Chelsea players GW1; in which case you can plan to bring either of RVP/Bale in at the end of GW1 as part of your plan to get those players out of your team

Formation is good, and all picks are FPL relevant. Boruc / Mignolet is an excellent GKP combination. With double GW1 matches for Villa and Chelsea I would be thinking about Mata and Benteke as well. Great options to have in your team, but you will have to get them out for GW3.

The biggest difference you will find between SC FPL is the pricing mechanisms. FPL is dynamic in the sense that prices can change every day. Prices are based on net trades for the week.

Here is the best run-through of price changes I have found. It will give you a little insight.

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/making-millions-in-the-fantasy-premier-league-game/

Trade timing can make a real difference to your year, and while it may be counterintuitive to SC you are better off in most cases trading earlier in the week. You run a risk that a player doesn't front on Saturday but can also be a .2-.5 difference in your cashflow if you make the trade early.

Bargain basement player?? - Anelka is one I dismissed a few weeks back based on his record last year in the Chinese Super League, however, he is getting harder and harder to ignore based on pre-season form.

Vinny

Cheers for the help VSA ! :)

I am not taking this too seriously just a bit of fun as mates are doing it and keeps me busy during AFL off-season.

Good idea, I was just put off by his price as its extremely high. How do you suggest I get RVP in ?

Maybe move Lukaku on. As I said I don't know much so research is key haha.

Thanks again mate.

Chelskiman

Quote from: Jukes on August 11, 2013, 12:04:57 AM
imo you need two good keepers as you'd want you'll be swapping them around a lot to get the easiest opponent

If that makes sense

That's a common tactic that one.  I used Begovic and Vorm last season as my two keepers and rotated them around when either one had the better draw.

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: vinny on August 12, 2013, 07:02:06 PM

I am not taking this too seriously just a bit of fun as mates are doing it and keeps me busy during AFL off-season.

Good idea, I was just put off by his price as its extremely high. How do you suggest I get RVP in ?

Thanks again mate.

I'd be looking at Baines, Mertesacker, and Coutinho as the fall guys to upgrade Lambert to RVP. Ivanovic will be fine with a duble gameweek to start.

Take those three out, make Lambert RVP, then shop around for value to fill the remaining three spots.

Vinny

Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on August 12, 2013, 07:45:28 PM

Thanks again mate.

I'd be looking at Baines, Mertesacker, and Coutinho as the fall guys to upgrade Lambert to RVP. Ivanovic will be fine with a duble gameweek to start.

Take those three out, make Lambert RVP, then shop around for value to fill the remaining three spots.

Thanks man. Is starting Anelka far too risky ?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: vinny on August 12, 2013, 07:51:41 PM
Quote from: Vicious Sandwhich Attack on August 12, 2013, 07:45:28 PM

Thanks again mate.

Thanks man. Is starting Anelka far too risky ?

Three weeks ago I was saying no, my opinion is changing rapidly on the back of his pre-season form. He may well be a must have at his price.

Vinny

I made these moves.

Out ( Baines Lukaku Lambert )   In ( Whittaker RVP Anelka )

What do you reckon ?

Mignolet (Davis)
Whittaker Mertesacker Ivanovic (Baker Garrido)
Walcott Hazard Coutinho Wanyama (Colback)
Benteke RVP Anelka

Andrew3737

Vinny