EPL Official Fantasy 2013/14

Started by elephants, July 17, 2013, 02:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelskiman

Not bad, but Lampard is risky as he won't play every game, and will be rotated a lot.  For 1.0 less you can get the likes of Arteta who should play most games for Arsenal, plus he takes set pieces and most likely penalties.  You could even gamble on someone like Wilshere who is only worth 6.5, but you would think he would be pretty close to a starter most weeks.  Also in his price range are the likes of Nolan, Lennon, Pienaar and Walters.  You could use the extra cash to upgrade Wilbraham to someone like Anelka who, despite his age, should still have some goals in him, plus he would only be your sub anyway, or you could use it to upgrade Coutinho to a full "premium" in Santi Cazorla or Hazard.  Not a bad first start though!

Tominator

Roberto Soldado has just joined Tottenham

Some people going nuts about it, saying he will be a PL star, over on the Summer Transfer Window Rumours thread - http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,79983.0.html

Will be priced at 9.5 apparently

Who is gonna take a punt on him?

CrowsFan

He's already in the game tom, at 9.5. Undecided at the moment, not sure how quickly he will adapt to the far more physical defenses of England compared to spain. Basically a similar player to Defoe, but much better. I reckon he could be a player you don't start with, but keep some cash to upgrade to him really quickly if he hits the ground running.

elephants

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 06, 2013, 10:06:14 PM
He's already in the game tom, at 9.5. Undecided at the moment, not sure how quickly he will adapt to the far more physical defenses of England compared to spain. Basically a similar player to Defoe, but much better. I reckon he could be a player you don't start with, but keep some cash to upgrade to him really quickly if he hits the ground running.

Agree with all of this, would be nice to see him play a bit of English football before backing him to tear up, has a nice early draw though.

PowerBug

Thanks Chelks, had a look at those, and following the advice. Last season i just leeched off everyone elses teams, and therefore started well, but dropped off :P

Does this mean less game time for Defoe with Soldado there?

Thoughts on Schurrle? Will he play alot for Chelsea?

Chelskiman

Soldado in my team already.  He's Spurs' record signing so he's going to play and Tottenham have been crying out for a striker of his class for ages.  He'll be in the top 3-5 scorers this season, easily.  Big early call, I know, but I'm sticking with it!

Quote from: PowerBug on August 06, 2013, 10:37:59 PM

Should get game time, the trouble is he could either start as a sub or be subbed off due to the fact we have so many of that type of player.  KDB, Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Moses can all play where he plays, and they can't all start at the same time.

elephants

Quote from: Chelskiman on August 06, 2013, 10:44:04 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 06, 2013, 10:37:59 PM

Should get game time, the trouble is he could either start as a sub or be subbed off due to the fact we have so many of that type of player.  KDB, Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Moses can all play where he plays, and they can't all start at the same time.

Agree with this, can see him being heavily rotated early on especially.

IMO we will roll out Haz, Mata, KdB as the attacking three come GW1. I read somewhere that Mata might not be ready to go but we'll see how he's tracking. I feel thats the best three based on quality and form atm.

Thoughts Chelski?

Chelskiman

Based on form I'd almost say Haz, KDB and Moses.  I watched our game against AC Milan and he was amazing.  He would still have to work hard to keep his spot, but he's had a ripping pre-season so far.  He's more likely to be used as an impact player off the bench, but against Hull on the opening day I wouldn't be surprised if he got a start.  Over the course of the year you would expect Haz, Mata and KDB/Oscar to be first choice though.

elephants

Quote from: Chelskiman on August 06, 2013, 11:20:11 PM
Based on form I'd almost say Haz, KDB and Moses.  I watched our game against AC Milan and he was amazing.  He would still have to work hard to keep his spot, but he's had a ripping pre-season so far.  He's more likely to be used as an impact player off the bench, but against Hull on the opening day I wouldn't be surprised if he got a start.  Over the course of the year you would expect Haz, Mata and KDB/Oscar to be first choice though.

When Danny Sturridge left Chelsea I adopted Moses as my new boy. It would make me so happy to see him get a regular gig. He's the perfect sub though :-\ Saw some highlights of him vs AC and from all reports he was really good, might just be realising how competitive it will be for spots at Chelsea this season!

We actually have depth! What is this magic? :o

Essien has been beasting it too, so keen to see him <3

I agree though, if Mata isn't getting up against Hull then Moses would be a fair chance over Schurrle and Oscar I reckon.

Tominator

If you look at Chelsea's MIDs.... Lampard, Mikel, Essien... Then look how young the others are!
Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, De Bruyne, Van Ginkel, Moses, even Lucas Piazon

not to mention Lukaku up front

Marin on loan too, quite frightening how much potential such a young group has

Luigi197

Nige

Quote from: Luigi197 on August 07, 2013, 05:11:10 PM
lads, do we have a league?

Yep, codes are on page 4 of this thread (or something like that).

CrowsFan

Just a suggestion, but LE should edit the original post so the codes are there for easy finding :)

elephants

Your wish is my command *bows* ;)

Andy3737

Oscar is almost a lock in starter.