Dobbo's Legends 2017

Started by Hawker_08, January 15, 2017, 02:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawker_08

G'day all!

Would love your thoughts regarding my first team this year.

Def:

Docherty, Adams, Bob Murphy, McGrath, Berry, Otten, (Stewet, Ryan).

Mid:

Danger, JPK, Treloar, Bont, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Myers, (Powell-Pepper, Barrett, Jarman).

Ruck:

Gawn, Goldy, (Strnadica)

Fwd:

NRoo, Dahl, Roughy, McCluggage, Black, Pickett (Balic, Eddy)

Don't look too much into the rookies, they are placeholders at the moment. Have gone big in the mid with a few POD's in there as well. Pretty weak fwd and mid but I believe there is a lot of value there and have gone set and forget in the Ruck department as I have in the last couple of year. I reckon that is the way to go there, however, I am considering Sandy and Gawn as another option. Cheers fellas. Looking forward to a good year.

GoLions

Apart from the lack of Pendles, team looks good man. Gone for a similar setup myself with rookies from F4 onwards in the forward line, as there seem to be a lot of gun rookies up forward (Clugg, Bowes, Ainsworth, Taranto, etc).

How much cash are you left with?

Hawker_08

Unfortunately only 4k, however I haven't gone dirt cheap with the rookies so a few adjustments and that can become a bit more. In regards to pendles, I actually believe that treloar will go with pendles and could actually outscore him. But that's just me.

I would love to hear people's thoughts on Bob, NRoo and Treloar v Pendles. Cheers GL.

Ringo

Bob Murphy is 35 and coming back from a major injury at that age may hurt a litlle and may not be in same form. Excluding last year where he only played 3 games has only exceeded 90 3 times in his career. I initially had him in my team but with this research have cooled and looking at Jack Martin for only a few k more.

Pendles v Treloar - Can not see Pendles losing points to Treloar. The is a reason for his dependability in that he will consistently score 100s and in 10 years has only missed 10 games. Treloar is 6 years younger but whether he can gain the addition 10ppg to match Pendles is the main question.  Treloar also has a bigger deviation than Pendles.  With Pendles you can have a C choice not sure whether I would want C on Treloar with the deviation he has.

Nroo is an interesting one. Think he is probably overpriced a little and would be an upgrade target when he bottoms out. Finished strongly last year with 187 in final game causing starting price to be a little inflated with average bumped.

Hawker_08

Thnx Everyone for your thoughts and feedback. Have been chopping and changing players and structure all week and now have 2 teams that I really like the look of and thought I'd let you guys have a look and let me know which one you prefer. Rookies are placeholders atm. Thanks in advance.

Team 1

Def: Docherty, Adams, TMac, McGrath, Keefe, Stewart (Otten, Ryan)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Bont, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Myers (Berry, Powell-Pepper, Jarman)
Ruck Gawn, Goldy (Strnadica)
Fwd: Dahl, Bennell, Roughy, McCluggage, Black, Eddy (Pickett, Balic)

Money Left: $800

Team 2

Def: Adams, Laird, Johannisen, McGrath, Ryan, Stewart (Otten, Hibberd)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Sloane, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Myers (Berry, Powell-Pepper, Jarman)
Ruck Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Fwd: Dahl, Macrea, Ryder, Roughy, Black, Eddy (Pickett, Balic)

Money Left: $9,100

Money Shot

Prefer team number 2s defence but like team number 1 everywhere else :)

Hawker_08

Quote from: Money Shot on January 25, 2017, 01:40:51 PM

Even Team 1's Forwards Line? I can easily change team 1's defence to the same as no. 2 but I was more looking for thoughts on the ruck and fwd lines but thanks for the reply.

Gandalf123

Quote from: Hawker_08 on January 25, 2017, 04:51:33 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on January 25, 2017, 01:40:51 PM

Even Team 1's Forwards Line? I can easily change team 1's defence to the same as no. 2 but I was more looking for thoughts on the ruck and fwd lines but thanks for the reply.

I like team one, mainly coz I don't have the balls to pick sandi myself and max and goldy make me feel better when looking at my team, and yeah you can easily change the backline to be the same as 2, but if you feel the risk of sandi outweighs itself with money injected into other lines go for it.

But team 1 for me

PureSwag

I like team 1 but I've got some areas for improvement.

Def: Good all the way but like I have said to a couple of people Gibbo or Hartlet are better options than TMac, I just think TMac had a poor year last year in my opionon and I whould think Gibbo or Hartlet would be better and put up better scores.

Mid: No Fault but keep an eye on the bont as he might get tagged and not be able to handle but I might be wrong just keep an close eye on him, like me I'm going to keep an close eye on him.

Ruc: Solid same as mine shouldn't change a thing but just keep an eye on Sandi.

Fwd: Bennell I'm not sure as he coming back from an injured and gets injured all the time and roughy doesn't get high scores and I think maybe downgrade to an expensive rook like Bowes.

If you fix those things team will look pretty good :)

djbics

Quote from: PureSwag on January 25, 2017, 07:10:11 PM

Def: Good all the way but like I have said to a couple of people Gibbo or Hartlet are better options than TMac, I just think TMac had a poor year last year in my opionon and I whould think Gibbo or Hartlet would be better and put up better scores.

Mid: No Fault but keep an eye on the bont as he might get tagged and not be able to handle but I might be wrong just keep an close eye on him, like me I'm going to keep an close eye on him.

Fwd: Bennell I'm not sure as he coming back from an injured and gets injured all the time and roughy doesn't get high scores and I think maybe downgrade to an expensive rook like Bowes.

I probably have a different view on T-Mac, as you said he was poor (early anyway) and still ended up with an average of only 0.4 points less than Gibbo.  His last 7 games went at an average of 103.  Gibbo's last 3 seasons have resulted in averages of 92, 90 and 90 (career highs) so the odds of him improving as a 33 year old aren't especially high.  T-Mac will be 25, and at the age where there is still the likelyhood of natural improvement.  Hartletts output is purely reliant on the role he's playing, he needs to get back into the mids to get back to worthwhile scoring.  Just food for thought.

PureSwag

Quote from: djbics on January 25, 2017, 09:59:06 PM

I probably have a different view on T-Mac, as you said he was poor (early anyway) and still ended up with an average of only 0.4 points less than Gibbo.  His last 7 games went at an average of 103.  Gibbo's last 3 seasons have resulted in averages of 92, 90 and 90 (career highs) so the odds of him improving as a 33 year old aren't especially high.  T-Mac will be 25, and at the age where there is still the likelyhood of natural improvement.  Hartletts output is purely reliant on the role he's playing, he needs to get back into the mids to get back to worthwhile scoring.  Just food for thought.

Everyone has thier right to thier opinion we will just see when the season starts

djbics

Quote from: PureSwag on January 25, 2017, 10:54:27 PM
Quote from: djbics on January 25, 2017, 09:59:06 PM

Everyone has thier right to thier opinion we will just see when the season starts

Definitely mate, not saying you are wrong, just giving an alternative Point of View.  Roll on Round 1!

LordSneeze

I prefer the lok of team 2, the depth is much stronger, but it will also rely heavily on quite a few cheap rookies being available come round 1.

Ringo

I like the look of Team 2 but would prefer to see an alternate to JJ as I feel he will suffer with return of Murphy. Plenty of options.
You also have the option of downgrading Swallow if funds required.

Hawker_08

I appreciate and have taken all feedback on board. This new team is EXTREMELY risky, however I believe that if these selections come off then I will be off to an absolute flyer.

Def: Shaw, Adams, Hodge, McGrath, Berry, Ryan (Newman, Stewart)
Mid: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, J. Kennedy, Rockliff, Fyfe, Beams, D. Swallow, Myers (Powell-Pepper, Hibberd, Freeman)
Ruck: Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Fwd: Dahlhaus, Macrea, Bennell, Roughy, Black, B. Eddy (Pickett, Jarman)

Cash Remaining: $9,800

Just a few side notes regarding a couple of players.
Hodge: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-12/new-era-bringing-out-the-best-of-veteran-hawks-hodge-and-rioli
Being Injury free with Lewis and Mitchell leaving, O'Meara still few months away, having stepped down as Captain and reading the article above I think that Hodge could be a fair shout to average 95ish + and would be in the same boat as Laird, Adams, Rance, Joey etc. However I do have the cash to change to TMac if need be. Hodge also has a nice draw and averaged 98 from round 14 onward. Also, a big reason as to why I think people have forgotten about him is because of his MID only status last year. The year before he was a lock as a DEF/MID because of his big ceiling and his consistency, I don't think much has changed in those departments.

Rockliff: If everything clicks for Rocky we could see a return to a 120 ave and I believe that he is the only one out of the <600k players who is capable of that (except Fyfe)

Sandilands: I believe his price tag justifies his selection. Saving 280k by having him over Goldy means a much more balanced overall side

Both Roughy and Bennell are wait and sees.

Your thoughts and contributions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance  8)