The Watchlist - 2024 Edition

Started by Mat0369, January 07, 2024, 03:01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

The Green injury looked pretty nasty. He is having scans today, but I'd be shocked if he escaped at least a 4 to 6 week layoff.

Ringo

This will help Matt

Green has been cleared of any serious damage, faces a fitness test this week

Mat0369

Hmm, if he is somewhat fit I think Cadman and Darcy to Jones and Oliver is looking even better

Mat0369

Round 8

Score: 2,243
Round Rank: 7,716
Cash: $67,100

Trades

Powell > Sweet
Bramble > Dale
Comben > Moore

You cannot view this attachment.

Good: Daicos, Dale, Windhager, Brown, Bont (C), Butters, Wilson, Clark, English, Grundy, Sweet, Flanders, Moore
Pass: Stewart, Heeney, Cadman
Bad: Roberts, Walsh, Laird, Miller, Reid, Graham, Garcia, Macrae, Adams
Ugly: Clohesy, Darcy, Green

It was a decent week, even with the VC Green potential disaster. I unfortunatley couldn't get Wilson onto the field and I think it was definitely the right choice to trade Comben. Regardless of which option I went with (Serong/McKercher or Moore/Dale) it turned out pretty well.

Macrae looked okay when he was in the middle and I thought his scoring would be a little better, but it's pretty obvious he is out of the favoured rotation. Adams is looking like a potential disaster trade that I need to fix in a few weeks.

Green may play this week so I think I hold, cop the cash bleed and I look at something like Darcy/Cadman to Jones/Oliver without looking at BE's.

Not having Serong and Ryan right now is grating on me, but I think another value buy, have about 75k and look at using another upgrade/downgrade next week.

A lot of the value picks have all hit form at the same time and hitting on the right ones could be a huge factor come the end of the season.

Colliwobblers

Great round even with Greens 5.

Moore and Dale worked out very well indeed.

I won't/Wouldn't pay for Macrae or Adams, but your 81/71 is beating my rookie 30/40 something every week.

arbel

Yeah with Green being cleared of damage I think you hold him. Even if doesn't get up you'd think would be a week out only so he potentially gets held. Jones the obvious rookie to get in. A couple of Brissie players with potential ACL's so one of Reville/Morris could hold their spots for a few weeks so could be trade target next week

Mat0369

Quote from: Colliwobblers on May 06, 2024, 10:05:35 AMI won't/Wouldn't pay for Macrae or Adams, but your 81/71 is beating my rookie 30/40 something every week.

It's not ideal, but as long as they don't bleed cash I can probably correct them come the bye weeks. My goal is to try and 'finish' this team off as quick as possible. With Oliver in it leaves me with Roberts, Windhager, Clohsey/Graham, Reid and Wilson on field. I've got my potential sideways guys as well, but 5 upgrades with 20 trades isn't a bad spot.

I'll make a list of my targets and BE's shortly.

Quote from: arbel on May 06, 2024, 12:33:08 PMYeah with Green being cleared of damage I think you hold him. Even if doesn't get up you'd think would be a week out only so he potentially gets held. Jones the obvious rookie to get in. A couple of Brissie players with potential ACL's so one of Reville/Morris could hold their spots for a few weeks so could be trade target next week

Hayes is a bit pricy but he is the other one to look at as well. He tons up against North, they play Hawthorn this week, he could make a quick 100k if he has a good score again.

Mat0369

Non Keeper BE's

Roberts - 107

Windhager - 47

Clohesy - 58

Brown - 23

Reid - 42

Graham - 12

Wilson - -25

Garcia - 13

Clark - -1

Darcy - 42

Cadman - 49

I'll add these two as well

Adams - 104

Macrae - 118

Roberts I think is still worth holding, even with the high BE. Clohesy, Darcy, Cadman and Reid are all in the same ballpark, I think I'd rather part with Darcy and Cadman this week. Numbers back up my initial gut feel.

Macrae and Adams may need to be moved next couple weeks with the high BE's. Adams to Bolton may be something to consider if he continues to struggle.

Mat0369

Some potential targets in the next few weeks that are currently under priced

Defenders

Sinclair - back to back tons, is about 540k and a top 6 potential the rest of the way. I would like to get him in this week but Oliver is my first priority.

Vlastuin - He is the number 7 defender and other than the 45 a few weeks ago he has been pretty damn good. Priced at 529k he is a bargain considering his scoring this year. A 96 BE may not see his price shift too much and could be one to look at next week if the value is still there.

Whitfield - the clunker came at the right time, in a fortnight he should be south of 500k hopefully and a nice option

May - without the sub score he is averaging 107 and is sitting under 500k, could be a nice POD but would need to be traded in this week to maximise the value. I don't know if I like his matchup vs Curnow/McKay but he was excellent in the final last year and scored 113.

Short - currently under 400k, I started with him, he burnt me, but as a D7 option that is a bargain basement price. He comes under consideration. Can give him the extra week to see if he backs it up, BE is like 89

Mids

Rozee - When he comes back into the side he is one to target, he has a good bye and his price will drop further with the 153 BE and maybe can be had for around 500k.

Trac - 3 scores under 100 in a row, 127 BE and priced at 550k. He may be bottomed out, but at his price the value is there

Parish - Back to back monsters knocked the rust off, 28 BE so this is the week to do it, might have to pass as he has been inconsistent and injury prone the last couple of years.

LDU - Has struggled to get going, but other than the Carlton game he hasn't been awful. At 522k he may be close to bottomed out

Soligo - Since moving into the middle as a more permeant fixture at the CBA's he has scored 128, 98, 97, 91 and 146. I already have Laird and the Adelaide midfield is a bit of a crapshow, but he looks like he is good value at just under 500k. This is the week to get him though

Newcombe - Another mid sub 500k with boom or bust potential. The lack of consistency and the price tag around 490k makes him a potential M9 option if he drops cheap enough.

Forwards

Bolton - Back to back crap scores will see him drop significantly in the next fortnight. He should be a straight swap for Reid in 2 weeks.

Dusty - He'll potentially be sub 400k and he went on a run at the back end of last year. It doesn't look likely that the same thing will happen again, but if he puts up a good score he could be one to consider at F7 with a line that the scoring is anything but consistent.

Hollands - Scoring has been slightly mediocre, but he showed flashes his first game and doesn't seem any worse than say Taylor Adams but far cheaper. If he strings together a couple really good scores he is one I'll look at.

Hawkins - Likely to be under 300k very shortly and maybe one more on name than actual scoring this year, but if he makes me cash downgrading Wilson, he could be an F7 option if he hits form in the next couple of weeks.

Peatling - Unsubbed he has scored pretty well, another that would have to come in this week, but he is putting up good enough numbers to be a stepping stone.

There are some top dollar options across all lines that I prefer, Ryan is the one down back but he is going to break the bank. Neale and Dunkley I really like as POD's, they both keep killing it and fly under the radar. Serong is one I've wanted for about a month now but I haven't managed to get in. Zorko in the forward line is the obvious option but he is pricing himself out over the next 3 weeks with his score on the weekend.

Mat0369

A little bit of carnage

Current confirmed outs

Williams

Wil Powell

X Duursma

Burgoyne

Sweet

Rozee

Sicily

Libba

Yeo

Some potential carnage although Tom Green is expected to play this weekend

arbel

Yeah was happy to read that Green is more likely than not to play.

Sucks about Sweet as you'd think when Soldo is back, Sweet will make way and that means 1 less week of money making. Going to be tough for some teams that traded out and made Sweet their number 2 ruck.

Mat0369

A bunch did it when he scored the 136. They also would have traded out Grundy and lost about 16 points doing that. Add in two trades used to go with it and it's making it tough.

If Sweet scored 110+ last week I could see the reward outweighing the risk, but a lot of them may be screwed trying to get a ruck in or will be getting Jackson this week and possibly have to miss on Oliver

Bully

I will be happy with 1 more price rise from Sweet, projected to hit 346k which would make trading up to Jackson fairly straightforward.

Those who are forced to trade him this week have wasted a trade, sometimes you win (Briggs), sometimes you lose (Flynn). Always a 50/50 and correction trades can create an even bigger mess.
Quote from: Mat0369 on May 09, 2024, 01:27:17 PMA little bit of carnage

Current confirmed outs

Williams

Wil Powell

X Duursma

Burgoyne

Sweet

Rozee

Sicily

Libba

Yeo

Some potential carnage although Tom Green is expected to play this weekend

That's quite a list, Powell missing could open the door for Sexton, that would be nice.

Bully

Sexton named! About time, hopefully he lasts a couple of weeks.

Mat0369