ARCHIVE 2016

Started by LordSneeze, February 02, 2015, 05:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

LordSneeze

Final week boys and now is the time to be remembered; to write your name in the history books; survive the threats; and in the end…. Become a champion.

Watch Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs

It has been a strong year for the division’s with both ranked inside the overall top 100 leagues. Division 1 currently is sitting 77th while Division 2 is ranked 80th. Hopefully both divisions can have another good round and improve once again. This week will determine out promoted and relegated teams, so there is still everything to play.

Division 1
In the major finals Corkascrew inflicted heartbreak onto Mountalizians FC. The leader for the majority of the season once again fell in finals and will be spending another offseason pondering what could have been. Corkascrew is the first team to move into the major final one step further than last year’s semifinal exit. SCHILLACI booked the place to face him in the big dance after accounting for fellow newbie Ardy FC; 2463 def 2341. It was a difficult week for Ardy FC going in as the bookies favourite only to not show up to the startline.

In the Minor finals the scoring was very strong with all 4 teams within 56 points of each other and both matches finishing with a 42 point margin of victory. Tiger of Old hit form at the right time to down bombers rule while WingardiumLobbeosa performed better than port to knock out X from the finals race.

FINALS PREVIEW
Corkascrew vs SCHILLACI
Ladder Finishing Positions
Ladder - 4 vs 7
Points - 11 vs 8

Season Head to Head
Round 6 â€" Corkascrew Def SCHILLACI 2260 vs 1934

Last 5 Weeks form (Last week first)
Corkascrew (2510, 2480, 2387, 2288, 2350)
SCHILLACI (2463, 2433, 2335, 2475, 2313)

Overall, the majority of the history points towards Corkascrew entering this match as the favourite. The only only thing that goes in SCHILLACI favour is the overall points ladder with a 567 point lead. Due to the smashing in round 6 Corkascrew will head in with the mental edge, additionally the recent form with a 4-1 record over the last 5 weeks shows that SCHILLACI will have his hands well and truly full in this matchup. A win will be sweet indeed.

Tiger of Old vs WingardiumLobbeosa

Ladder - 15 vs 11
Points - 12 vs 4

Season Head to Head
Round 8 â€" Tiger of Old Def WingardiumLobbeosa 2122 vs 1956

Tiger of Old (2499, 2455, 2399, 2482, 2346)
WingardiumLobbeosa (2485, 2513, 2413, 2533, 2350)

A battle of David vs Goliath. WingardiumLobbeosa will be smarting from missing out on the Major Finals with the 4th best overall points and will want to take out his frustration on Tiger of Old. While Tiger of Old will hold onto the fact he got the head to head win comfortably in round 8 & outscored him last week. Whether this will give him the edge, or just provide more fire into the belly of the Wingardiums is yet to be known, but I wouldn’t be calling this a foregone conclusion just yet. 

Divison 2
In the major finals Bored Saints moved into a deserved final with a comfortable win over the Jive Turkeys. The question on everyone’s mind is will the Jive Turkeys dress as a turkey for the Mad Monday celebrations? Facing Bored Saints will be The Hulkamaniacs who upset the form team of the competition BlueBaggers by 37 points. The Hulkamaniacs road to the final has been hard pressed with no double chance and 3 knockout wins.

In the minor finals Brainpharts came out ontop in an epic with Flying Fids. While everyone would think that it would be more likely that the Brainpharts would have a brain fart and lose the close match, it just never happened. Sacre Bleu! will be his opponent in the final after going huge to smash Mcbasketball by 207 points. Mcbasketballs season is now over and will need to recuperate like the Boomers and Opals and try again next time.

FINALS PREVIEW
Bored Saints vs The Hulkamaniacs

Ladder - 1 vs 5
Points - 1 vs 5

Season Head to Head
The Hulkamaniacs Def Bored Saints 1870 vs 1673

Bored Saints (2455, 2439, 2396, 2555, 2330)
The Hulkamaniacs (2353, 2494, 2496, 2544, 2413)

While it would appear looking at the ladders that Bored Saints would be the favourite going into this match, but what appears clear cut is really not at all. Bored Saints lost 1 match throughout the year and that was to his GF opponent The Hulkamaniacs. Over the last 5 weeks The Hulkamaniacs are in better form leading 3-2 in H2H. So while Bored Saints have been the best team overall this year, his opponent is the one team that has proven he could cause problems resulting in an epic GF encounter.

Brainpharts vs Sacre Bleu!

Ladder - 12 vs 10
Points - 10 vs 13

Season Head to Head
Sacre Bleu! Def Brainpharts 2320 vs 2271

Brainpharts (2423, 2549, 2303, 2313, 2271)
Sacre Bleu! (2578, 2174, 2346, 2542, 2320)

A tight contest between 2 very strong clubs. Recent history has been in the favour of Sacre Bleu! leading 4-1 including a win of his opponent, however both teams have shown they have the ability to score large or poorly. As such this match is likely to come down to whether either of the teams are able to perform well on the big stage. Favouritism has to be with Sacre Bleu! though.

After 2 big weeks Bluebaggers was unable to continue his run and neither of the other 2 chasers were able to pull back points. Beef Tanna FC took the 25 points for the week, closely followed by Sacre Bleu!. Spinach rounded out the podium positions for the week. As such Bored Saints has managed to hold on and take out the FF Medal for 2016. He held a 25 point lead after Round 15 and never let it slip. The minor positions are still up for grabs with Jive Turkeys and Mountalizians FC fighting it out. Bluebaggers and Raging Marshmellow are still in with a chance if they can get 25 points this week.

With 1 week to go the overall points are a four horse race for the finishline. Mountalizians FC holds a slender 42 point lead over Bored Saints, with Jive Turkeys another 68 points back. Ardy FC is realistically the only other team still in with a chance sitting 240 points behind the leader, but will need a huge week to steal it, a podium position is still a good shout

What will this week hold.
Good luck and LS Out

fanTCfool

Thanks LS for a great season, and good luck to all teams this weekend!

enzedder

Quote from: LordSneeze on August 26, 2016, 06:29:50 PM

FINALS PREVIEW
Corkascrew vs SCHILLACI
Ladder - 4 vs 7
Points - 11 vs 8

Season Head to Head
Round 6 â€" Corkascrew Def SCHILLACI 2260 vs 1934

Corkascrew (2510, 2480, 2387, 2288, 2350)
SCHILLACI (2463, 2433, 2335, 2475, 2313)

Overall, the majority of the history points towards Corkascrew entering this match as the favourite. The only only thing that goes in SCHILLACI favour is the overall points ladder with a 567 point lead. Due to the smashing in round 6 Corkascrew will head in with the mental edge, additionally the recent form with a 4-1 record over the last 5 weeks shows that SCHILLACI will have his hands well and truly full in this matchup. A win will be sweet indeed.
Tiger of Old vs WingardiumLobbeosa

Ladder - 15 vs 11
Points - 12 vs 4

Cheers LS. Nice write up. appreciate your efforts.
Good luck Corkascrew.
Corkascrew has Sloane too and cover looks thin... so that's in my favour too. Hope he doesn't have a trade up his sleeve. 8)

Corkascrew

would just like to say thank you ls for such a great league i can honestly say that i look forward to your article everyweek and appreciate the time and effort put its been a very tough year an i am well down on last year i didnt think id make it this far also thanks to all the other coaches and good luck to schillaci whatever the outcome see you all next year

axe9

Yes  I also appreciate the effort that LS puts in erery week ... enjoy the the write ups... see you next year lads

Capper

LordSneeze

Thanks all,

Don't forget there will be 1 more writeup to come.

Peter

Thanks all for great season and excellent weekly writeups. See you next season from McBasketball

Frankfaust

What a great League. Thanks LS and all players.

See you next year.

F~

DaveElNacho

Yep, even though I'm not active in this post i definitely looked forward to your write up every week.

Glad I managed to pull the win in the end :D still can't believe I didn't make finals haha.

Great league mate, can't wait for next year.

LordSneeze

The Pod

Thanks for a great comp guys, the season seemed to be over in a flash.

Looking forward to next season already.....

Cheers Brainpharts

LordSneeze

The dust has settled after the running of the bulls with our champions celebrating long and hard into the night. The All Australians have been selected after proving their worth, FF medal handed out and promoted/relegated teams known. The overall quality of the leagues has once again been proven with Div 1 finishing in 59th/65th place & Div 2 76th/84th in total points and league averages respectively, both leagues improved on the results from last year league.

Division 1
In the major final SCHILLACI enacted revenge on Corkascrew with a dominant performance and a huge 205 point win. This loss can only further fuel Corkascrew’s desire falling in finals twice in 2 years. For SCHILLACI it was an amazing debut year coming from the clouds to get a spot, slowly stepping his way through the season and putting it all out n finals.

Finalist quotes (Note these are not actual quotes)
SCHILLACI - "I can still cannot believe it, the stars aligned coming into the end of the season and to come home so strong was so satisfying. To perform so well in a key final against such a strong and consistent opponent made the win so much sweeter. Congrats Corkascrew on a great season and im sure we will have a lot of matchups in the future.

Corkascrew - "Firstly thankyou to everyone who helped make this season possible. Congrats SCHILLACI on your win, difficult circumstances, but the best team on the day won. Just know this isn’t the end of Corkascrew *Mic Drop*"

If the major final was a bit of an anticlimax, the minor was nothing of the sort with WingardiumLobbeosa ultimately standing on the podium with a smile like that of a Cheshire Cat (See example below) holding the trophy aloft.

The 25 point win over Tiger of Old was just rewards for a season that resulted in an unlucky finish outside the top 8.  For Tiger of Old the quality of the opponent was just one step too far, but will be better in the long for the run for it.

WingardiumLobbeosa - "Im levitating, I swear im levitating. And who can blame me for trying after having success and taking a trophy home. It wasn’t the one I wanted, but its still proof of a strong season. Consolation to Tiger of Old, its hard to beat someone I respect, but there can only be one winner.”

Tiger of Old - "I felt going in that I was the underdog in this matchup and that all the pressure was on my opponent. Cudos for him for being able to handle that pressure and pull out such a strong performance. Thanks to my mentors for teaching me all they know this year and while it was a disappointment to lose 2 consolidation finals in 2 years I hope it will be third time lucky”

Divison 2
In the major final Bored Saints capped what was almost a perfect season with a strong win over The Hulkaminiacs. The 134 point win meant Bored Saints beat every team atleast once throughout the course of the year and no doubt deserved his title and promotion. Unfortunately for The Hulkamaniacs he required a win to get promotion and was unable to pull it out of the bag, but will be a clear danger next year.

Bored Saints - "Honestly this has been the best year of my career, I never expected that I would be able to perform at the level I have consistenly over the course of the whole year. I feel the title is just reward for the dominance I have had this year. Thankyou to The Hulkamaniacs and all other teams for the constant challenges that kept me on my toes.”

The Hulkamaniacs - "Congrats Bored Saints, you deserved the title. Thanks for pushing me further than I thought I could go and showing what is required to finish right at the top next year. Overall im happy with my season, but also know there is room for improvement next year. In the meantime though I will enjoy the off season. 

In the Minor Final Sacre Bleu! Clawed back some resemblance of respect out of a mediocre season by his standards taking down Brainpharts in the minor final by 64 points. The match was touted as being really closely matched and very difficult to pick and it certainly lived up to the hype.

Sacre Bleu! - "Not really the season I hoped for last preseason, but the quality in the league was very high and im happy to be in such illustrious company. Thankyou to everyone involved and I wish you all the best until we meet again.

Brainpharts - "I can’t believe how fast this season has gone. Almost the speed on Flash Gordon. Zoooooom Zooooooom Zooooooom. *Whispers in crowd “Clearly he’s drunk”* Well anyway I wish everyone the best of luck in finals, I mean your offseason AFL boardgames.
*Microphone turned off by agent*
*inaudible muttering by brainpharts*

This week saw a very high grouping of scores with the top 10 all with 48 points of each other with a high of 2622 by Bull Dust and a low of 2574 by X. Quality Boys Quality. The other podium positions for the week were Frogjumper & Tailspower.

The FF Medal was already won by Bored Saints last week and once again congratulations are in order. Taking the second spot on the podium was Jive Turkeys in his debut season, while third was held by Mountalizians FC. Congrats to both of you.

Overall points went down to the wire and surprisingly even with the closeness of the players we saw no changes in the leaderboard. Mountalizians FC took the cake and bragging rights holding off Bored Saints by 26 points. Jive Turkeys kept them honest and finish 85 points back from the leader taking the third position on the podium.

End of year awards
All Australian â€" Mountalizians FC, Bored Saints, Jive Turkeys, Ardy FC, BlueBaggers, Bull Dust, The Hulkamaniacs, WingardiumLobbeosa (x2), Spinach (x2), Raging Marshmellow
FF Medal â€" Bored Saints
Oh I Got Lucky Medal â€" FC HAWKSTOWE
Div 1 Premier â€" Mountalizians FC
Div 1 Champion â€" SCHILLACI
Div 2 Premier  - Bored Saints
Div 2 Champion â€" Bored Saints

Promotions/Relegations
Div 1 Relegation â€" Frogjumper, Dos Destroyers, $Blues
Div 2 Promotion â€" Bored Saints, Jive Turkeys, BlueBaggers
Div 2 Relegation - Richos Has Beens, Beef Tannen FC, Fantasy Addicts (Lower Ladder Position)

Thankyou all for a fantastic season
LS Out

crowls

Great finals write up LS.   Hope your enjoying the dogs performance tonight.   Thank you for all the effort throughout the year.   Much appreciated.

Next year plan is to start stronger...   Just got to limit myself to only one or two bomber players.