Main Menu

( _ )

Started by Master Q, April 17, 2010, 08:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Something has clogged my computer and slowed it down dramatically, aswell as internet.

And for the people who understand geek:

My Computer has 4 Gigs of Ram, 2.20 GHZ Intel Dual Core Proccesor and a 500GB hard drive, so it will take a lot to slow it down, :(

MissPiesFF

OUCH maybe you had a service running in the background due to malware. How did you fix it? Look up processes or just run a scan?

Master Q

Quote from: MissPiesFF on April 17, 2010, 08:20:00 AM
OUCH maybe you had a service running in the background due to malware. How did you fix it? Look up processes or just run a scan?
I've ran plenty of scans, also i can't watch videos or listen to music online, which really sucks...

Torress

Master Q mine has been sluggish lately as well - but mostly internet has been shcoking of late. i blame tassie i'm sure we've been shafted somehow with internet speeds! i don't understand computer jargon either!!!

Master Q

Quote from: Torress on April 17, 2010, 08:22:35 AM
i don't understand computer jargon either!!!
But i do...

Justin Bieber

maybe something to do with a file you downloaded. could be that or check to see if something happened when you were on the internet (if possible). could be a specific site doing this?

i know nothing about computers other than the basic ;D

Master Q

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 17, 2010, 08:23:52 AM
maybe something to do with a file you downloaded. could be that or check to see if something happened when you were on the internet (if possible). could be a specific site doing this?

I'll check... i think what i know what it is anyways, a fake quicktime updater must of somehow hacked my quicktime...

Master Q

YES! I was right, it's now removed and i'll be back on here as usual, so much for Mcafee Security... >:( Took a while to find the roots...

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Master Q on April 17, 2010, 08:26:33 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on April 17, 2010, 08:23:52 AM

I'll check... i think what i know what it is anyways, a fake quicktime updater must of somehow hacked my quicktime...

Try doing a restore point to when the prob started. There is also a good program called Ad aware. There is a free personal version just google it. I run that once a week and it never deletes important files and is always up to date. It also has a live watch to so if you are about to install anything that will even do as little as change your homepage, it tells you not to and stops the process.

Alex7089

Quote from: Master Q on April 17, 2010, 08:29:30 AM
YES! I was right, it's now removed and i'll be back on here as usual, so much for Mcafee Security... >:( Took a while to find the roots...
Never ever go on the internet at McDonalds, unless you're broke...... They are just as bad as those seedy internet cafe's in seedy neighborhoods...