Hullett :p

Purple 77

Oh Trenners, what could have been.

kilbluff1985

who do Melbourne supporters expect to get most Brownlow votes out of curiosity

iZander

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 13, 2017, 10:01:15 AM

Im not a melb supporter, but surly oliver!!! Didnt miss a game as well compared to others that he could be competing with Jones, Viney, Gawn ect

kilbluff1985

Quote from: iZander on September 13, 2017, 10:17:48 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 13, 2017, 10:01:15 AM

Im not a melb supporter, but surly oliver!!! Didnt miss a game as well compared to others that he could be competing with Jones, Viney, Gawn ect

some of the predictors have Jones

roo boys!

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on September 13, 2017, 10:35:13 AM

some of the predictors have Jones

I've got a bit of money on Jones, Oliver was consistent but I think he had a lot of games where he was 3rd/4th/5th best on ground so will be touch and go whether he gets a vote or not. There's also the classic case of players in their breakout year typically polling unders - he had a better season than Jones but I think the odds are a bit off

Purple 77

I fully expect Oliver to poll the most votes. Internally, I don't think Melbourne supporters rated Jones' year as highly as those externally. Oliver had the much better year IMO.

elephants

I think Jones pips him, breakout players rarely poll as well as people think (and as well as they should, really).

Purple 77

Should have known Viney would poll more than Jones too.

We'll done Clarry :)

TMac was a surprise

Purple 77

Big Mac, Barra, other faithful... I'm really curious about your feelings about the Jack Watts saga.

I understand the clubs viewpoint about wanting more from Jack but... but I feel sick.

There is nothing about this that I like. But that's just me personally, because I respect those that are a fan of the move.

Big Mac

I honestly feel like Jack deserves to play out the rest of his career as a Melbourne player. He's dealt with a lot of shower, had chances to leave in the past but stuck by the club. He's a demon through and through and from all reports seems like a great bloke. I can't imagine him playing anywhere else. From the coach's perspective though, he clearly sees a player who doesn't do everything he can. Doesn't show diligence or discipline in the way he trains/rehabs etc. And as a senior player this probably doesn't set the best example for the playing group. So I can see the rationale in trading him.

Purple 77

Three 2017 All-Aus squad members in the defensive 6 ey?

Ecstatic to land Lever, worth every cumulative draft point :)

Purple 77

Holding out hope we do something over the next few days with our 3 second round draft picks  :-\

Jesus Goodwin, this had better work. Been growing very disenchanted with the club over the past 6 or so weeks.

Without knowing how my fellow FF dees supporters feel, it just seems to me most melb supporters have gotten over the awfulness that 2017 was in the end. I haven't... I just don't have the same feeling about the Dees than I have over the last 3 years. 2017 seemed a wasted year (sorry, not making finals was a failure, don't care what I'm told otherwise), yet most seem to have reset themselves and try to spew out the bull sh*t that missing out on finals leaves us in a better position in the future? Please.

Didn't mean this post to turn out to be a vent :P but yeah as I say, probably haven't felt this disconnected with the club since 2013  :-\ Round 23 hit me hard.

Please, let this just work out. Let me trust the MFC direction again  :-\

Purple 77

Pretty happy with our haul last night :)

29. Spargo
31. Fritsch
37. Petty
48. Baker

Thrilled with Fritsch, just coz I've followed him in our VFL team all year. Could have another (better?) Hannan on our hands :)

Petty has a very impressive highlights package (yes, I know) for a tall defender. Worth watching.