Main Menu

Stiffy Quits

Started by valkorum, July 01, 2013, 11:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.watoday.com.au/breaking-news-sport/adelaides-johncock-quits-afl-20130701-2p6b7.html

QuoteAdelaide veteran Graham Johncock has cited fatigue as his reason for quitting the AFL.

tbagrocks

Didn't really see it coming but the writing was on the wall, got to feel for the lad, looks like he was pushed out!

AFEV

So, Stiffy couldn't get up any more.

(Too fatigued)

In all seriousness though, sad to see him go, was one of the first opposition players I ever liked.

its me lads

Disappointed that Stiffe pulled out.

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 01, 2013, 02:28:29 PM
Didn't really see it coming but the writing was on the wall, got to feel for the lad, looks like he was pushed out!
Does seem like that.

Wonder if he asked for a farewell game? Would have been good to see him one last time.

its me lads

Just saw part of the interview, said he was offered a farewell game but said mo. He didn't want to be gifted one and said he believes you should have to earn your games.

Champ.

anchorman

Well played that man.A good player.

Capper

Thats a pity, isnt there a blue pills for that now!!

Great career, well played Stiffy

Mat0369

Best nickname of any player in the league.

Kellogscrunchynut

Solid contributor for over a decade well done stiffy.

BB67th

He was a good player, disappointing to see him go. It was always coming with him being on the outer at the Crows this year. I'd like to see players like him, who were genuine contributors and fighters, get a farewell game, but I guess it says more about his character that he declined it. Congrats on a good time in the AFL Stiffy.