Make a Big Call 2016

Started by kilbluff1985, December 22, 2015, 12:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Matty Wright to outscore Aaron Hall from round 4 onwards.

yes you heard that correctly.

elephants

Quote from: tommy10 on April 10, 2016, 09:37:59 PM
Freo not to make finals

Haha I reckon they still will. They're not as bad as their first three matches have shown, they were actually matching the Eagles for three quarters of the derby

elephants

Quote from: Holz on April 11, 2016, 11:15:31 AM

Would love this to be true. Can't actually see it happening but is there a reason you see Matty Wright lifting his output?

Ricochet

NDT beats Dublin this weekend

Holz

Quote from: elephants on April 11, 2016, 11:38:01 AM

Would love this to be true. Can't actually see it happening but is there a reason you see Matty Wright lifting his output?

he doesnt have to, he is averaging low 90s. averaged 89 in his second season the guy can score.

its more a case of hall dropping his average. I can certainly see him going under 95 from here on out, probably under 90.

elephants

Quote from: Holz on April 11, 2016, 12:10:56 PM

he doesnt have to, he is averaging low 90s. averaged 89 in his second season the guy can score.

its more a case of hall dropping his average. I can certainly see him going under 95 from here on out, probably under 90.

Haha I'd say you're on crack with the Hall comment.

Haven't watched Carlton play since round 1, is he playing more up the ground lately?

Quote from: Ricochet on April 11, 2016, 11:54:13 AM
NDT beats Dublin this weekend

Yes

AaronKirk

Why will Hall drop to a 90-95 average? Still a win in my books as I started him but unless he gets tagged I cannot see him dropping under 100.

Holz

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 11, 2016, 01:34:41 PM

Why will Hall drop to a 90-95 average? Still a win in my books as I started him but unless he gets tagged I cannot see him dropping under 100.

1. Gold Coast are undefeated he is 80 uncontested disposals to 28 contested. He wont be able to get as much lose ball when they arent winning and playing some better squads.
2. When JOM Swallow come back they wont push him out of the midfield but they will take away some of his lose ball gets. Being an uncontested player you need to get habll given to you. Not sure about you but if i see Jom Hall Swallow running next to me i aint giving it to hall.
3. It is possible that team could start to tag him.

tommy10

Quote from: elephants on April 11, 2016, 11:36:07 AM
Freo not to make finals

Haha I reckon they still will. They're not as bad as their first three matches have shown, they were actually matching the Eagles for three quarters of the derby
Probably but imo it'll be really tight. Hawks, Crows, Eagles, Cats, Dogs, Swans, Kangas are ahead....8th spot up for grabs...

AaronKirk

Quote from: Holz on April 11, 2016, 02:22:37 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on April 11, 2016, 01:34:41 PM

1. Gold Coast are undefeated he is 80 uncontested disposals to 28 contested. He wont be able to get as much lose ball when they arent winning and playing some better squads.
2. When JOM Swallow come back they wont push him out of the midfield but they will take away some of his lose ball gets. Being an uncontested player you need to get habll given to you. Not sure about you but if i see Jom Hall Swallow running next to me i aint giving it to hall.
3. It is possible that team could start to tag him.

I don't see JOM or Swallow returning till the middle of the season at the earliest. Swallow may not be back at all this season it is a really bad injury.

JOM 99% will leave the suns at the end of the year to move to Victorian club so do you play him in the midfield or give that spot to a Lonergan or a Miller?

The suns have a good draw and all the attention goes to Ablett (understandably) so I cannot see Hall getting tagged. He is one of the fittest players in the comp and runs all day, so with the new interchange rules he will only be benefited in being able to get more uncontested ball. On the weekend no Carlton player could keep up with him, they were all completely stuffed after 1/2 time.

He could drop, but in my mind he will continue to score well, likely not to be tagged and the new interchange rules will only help him later in the season. Very happy to have him in my team.

tommy10

Freo not to make finals

You still think they'll make finals  ;) not with the form and now injuries they have. Who will score their goals apart from Walters and Pavlova.

elephants

Quote from: tommy10 on April 27, 2016, 10:47:28 PM
Freo not to make finals

You still think they'll make finals  ;) not with the form and now injuries they have. Who will score their goals apart from Walters and Pavlova.

Nah three weeks on and they're cooked. Cant even beat flowering Carlton at home.

dottman

"Talking footy" Brendan Gale was just asked about Richmond missing on Danger, Hanneberry and Trealor in last few years and replies with we got "Cunrow" are you Serious? Putting him in the same category?  That's a "BIG CALL"

Holz

Hall 93.3
Wright 95.6

surely if this gets up has to be one of the calls of the year.

elephants

Quote from: Holz on May 03, 2016, 05:32:44 PM

Hall 93.3
Wright 95.6

surely if this gets up has to be one of the calls of the year.

Albeit being a lot closer than expected, Hall won't play Geelong in Geelong every week and get pumped by 120 points and conversely, Wright won't play Freo and Essendon back to back again.