Main Menu

FINALS BOUND

Started by Hawka, August 15, 2010, 05:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

i was so wrong marcz  :(

Alex7089

Cyril injured early really hurt you guys!

Hawka

yep knew it would b rely hard to get bak after that

MarkPlow

that was just a flowering disgrace. We won the premiership only 2 years ago and that performance was just disgusting. We are talking about a team that has struggled for many years, has barely any guns and are completely outclassed on paper and they simply destroyed us. It's not good enough and the hawks need to take a good look at themselves and start playing football instead of expecting the results to go their way without putting in any effort

Hawka

mate they tryed the freo youngsters arnt hopeless they are very good players..if we get a pre season with minumly inuries,hopefuly get a ruck and tall back nxt yr we should push for top4

bunyip

The Hawks may have fallen for the trap a lot of people have this year and under estimated freo. 2 injuries in the second quarter, especially Rioli hurt a lot.

Alex7089

Hmm I am not sure the Hawks can make top 4 with the current list, they might be able to push with luck and a good year but...

Hawka

a ruck a tall back some good luck with inuries and we defintly will be pushing top4

Alex7089

Where are they going to come from though Hawka? Nobody already there with potential really, unless you think Skipper...

Hawka

i mean trades fo these postions and the devolpment of bailey 4 ruck and,shoenmakers and stratton and riley milne for back

Alex7089

MIlne? Shoey and Stratton fair enough.
Still think rucks future is looking pretty bleak.

Cruiseon

Apparently Tarrant is very likely for the Hawks, could fit right into that backline.

I do think the Hawks are a bit slow, especially when Cyril is not there, Hooper was out and suddenly they appeared a bit one paced.

Alex7089

Really? Gee, OK.
Indeed they are not the quickest side, probably a bit of the reason they don't have that daring fast paced game any more.
That and the players with the penetrating long accurate kicking seem to be injured or retired eg. Dew.

MarkPlow

They need a dominant ruckman. Hopefully Bailey will come good. Also a big solid defender like Tarrant. We obviously have the list to push for a flag considering we did it in 2008. We have the firepower just not the consistency atm its like the hunger has gone. seemed like they were just expecting to win against freo and didnt put in enough effort. We proved this year that on our day we can beat any side in the comp but at the same time we could lose to any side in the comp

Hawka

alex milne is a 194cm rookie who played 2 games last yr late(cos of injury)he is very skinny and needed time to devolp