Main Menu

FINALS BOUND

Started by Hawka, August 15, 2010, 05:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

after the win 2day if saints beat kangas we almost have a finals spot sewn up even if we lose both but freo and were there

ossie85

Quote from: hawka26 on August 15, 2010, 05:00:53 PM
after the win 2day if saints beat kangas we almost have a finals spot sewn up even if we lose both but freo and were there

Indeed. Could face a trip to Subi in first week of finals though

Hawka

im hoping blues beat cats and freo and freo lose both and with perentage blues 5th

Boomz

Even if hawks make it they will go out in the 1st week...

Master Q

Quote from: hawka26 on August 15, 2010, 05:29:46 PM
im hoping blues beat cats and freo and freo lose both and with perentage blues 5th
Then that means your probably play us at Home, right? That's unlikely... You'll probably be playing Freo away or Carlton at Home.

bunyip

Oooooooooooh...harsh. I would not underestimate Hawthorn. They may appear out of form, but that can change, and they have some very good players that can do some damage.

ossie85

Quote from: Master Q on August 15, 2010, 06:31:10 PM
Then that means your probably play us at Home, right? That's unlikely... You'll probably be playing Freo away or Carlton at Home.

What's the difference between playing Carlton at home or away if your hawthorn? MCG is the MCG surely (I assume played there)

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on August 15, 2010, 06:48:13 PM
Quote from: Master Q on August 15, 2010, 06:31:10 PM

What's the difference between playing Carlton at home or away if your hawthorn? MCG is the MCG surely (I assume played there)
I don't know, they do have the same home ground?

Alex7089

In that circumstance it would be played at the 'G where there is no real advantage to having the home ground.

I think Hawks could beat Freo especially with Sandi & Barlow missing (most likely)

Probably struggle against Carlton though.

roo boys!

Hmm, I'm not convinced.

North should beat WC next week and a very winnable game against Melbourne the next week.

Hawks and Freo could go either way, and you guys will lose to Pies. That would move North 8th. I am bais but I am just saying don't count your blessings yet!

bunyip

You have to believe Roo. It's a big ask now though

Alex7089

As long as it is still mathematically possible R&B has hope!

ossie85

Quote from: roo boys! on August 15, 2010, 09:22:17 PM
Hmm, I'm not convinced.

North should beat WC next week and a very winnable game against Melbourne the next week.

Hawks and Freo could go either way, and you guys will lose to Pies. That would move North 8th. I am bais but I am just saying don't count your blessings yet!

If Collingwood beat Adelaide next week, I reckon the Hawks will beat the Pies. Hawks have more to play for, and Pies will be looking ahead

valkorum

Quote from: roo boys! on August 15, 2010, 09:22:17 PM
Hmm, I'm not convinced.

Hawks have to beat Freo to confirm their spot in the 8.  If they lose then they have to win the following week (if North win both its next games)

Master Q

Yeh they still have to get 8th  :P