Main Menu

The Selfish Jack Riewoldt

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2013, 11:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Saw an interesting stat today.

Jack Riewoldt has the most goal assists in the AFL this year (26 assists)...

and he is often called selfish

Nige

I really don't think he's nearly as 'selfish' as everyone makes him out to be...

Jroo

Lately Jroo has been a lot more team centred. I've noticed he's passed a lot of to teammates this year.

Toga

Yep, that's why people calling him a self-centered, selfish player grinds my gears - he is a team man, through and through.

I was barracking for him to kick for goal himself on the weekend vs GWS, he passed off like every single one! (Although this may have been due to his sore knee...?)

Nige

I'm actually convinced that he didn't kick that goal against the Giants because of his knee, any other day of the week he would have gone back, had a shot and likely converted it. Strange move, but one of the only explanations.

He's almost gone too far the other way now, I would like to see him kick a few more for himself, could probably be leading the Coleman.

powersuperkents

I'm pretty sure I've seen situations where he has a clear goal scoring chance and instead he plays it off to another player. He is more of a role model up forward then selfish by literally any means

Windigo

Not really surprised, he get's a lot of undue criticism.

His all for the team and does a lot for the community in going to events and stuff.  :)

SydneyRox

i think his selflessness is hurting himself and the tiges

Capper

Quote from: JROO8 on August 29, 2013, 01:41:39 PM
Lately Jroo has been a lot more team centred. I've noticed he's passed a lot of to teammates this year.
and cost me a Coleman bet