BBL|06 and WBBL|02: Match Discussion Thread!

Started by PowerBug, December 09, 2016, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Great win against top notch opposition! Batting apart from Klinger left some to be desired, but fantastic bowling and fielding. Brezzy was great on debut :3 and of course Tye with the hatty! <3

Ringo

Quote from: Jukes on January 11, 2017, 11:56:16 PM
Great win against top notch opposition! Batting apart from Klinger left some to be desired, but fantastic bowling and fielding. Brezzy was great on debut :3 and of course Tye with the hatty! <3
Yep Jukes well played - Klinger with running twos was a big difference as well. Reckon we missed 20 runs when we should have run 2 but slack running. Still would have been beaten though.

Gigantor

That was the Scorchers of old! Frustrating batting performance backed up by a choking bowling display :)

fanTCfool

Quote from: nrich102 on January 11, 2017, 11:51:03 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 11, 2017, 11:48:58 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on January 11, 2017, 11:48:05 PM
So seems as though McCullum will be suspended for the next match for slow over rates :o
I heard what Chris Lynn said, but thought he was joking. Have turned it off now did the commentators say anymore about it?
Yeah, they did. Heat will challenge though, saying the Whiteman concussion and a 3rd umpire decision made it take longer.

There's no way they ban him, no Lynn and McCullum means no fans. I know I won't go to the Stars vs Heat game if there's no Lynn, McCullum, Maxwell, Zampa and Faulkner

Ringo

Quote from: Gigantor on January 12, 2017, 12:06:18 AM
That was the Scorchers of old! Frustrating batting performance backed up by a choking bowling display :)
We all know Scorchers are great at defending totals so it beats me why when you win the toss against Scorchers you do not bat first to put pressure back on their batting.

Jukes

Quote from: Ringo on January 11, 2017, 11:59:47 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 11, 2017, 11:56:16 PM
Yep Jukes well played - Klinger with running twos was a big difference as well. Reckon we missed 20 runs when we should have run 2 but slack running. Still would have been beaten though.

Would've been interesting to see if the result would've changed with the injections of Lynn and Marsh, sure could've used Marshy late on when batting but Lynn is Lynn so!

elephants

Quote from: Ringo on January 12, 2017, 12:08:37 AM
Quote from: Gigantor on January 12, 2017, 12:06:18 AM
We all know Scorchers are great at defending totals so it beats me why when you win the toss against Scorchers you do not bat first to put pressure back on their batting.

Agree that every team should make the Scorchers bowl first

flowering love AJ Tye. Get him in the Aus T20 set-up

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on January 12, 2017, 04:32:02 AM

They did, and he did shower :P Economy rate of 10.5 and only 2 wickets from his 11.2 T20I overs ;)

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on January 12, 2017, 12:26:57 PM

They did, and he did shower :P Economy rate of 10.5 and only 2 wickets from his 11.2 T20I overs ;)

That was 12 months ago (probably) he deserves another chance

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on January 12, 2017, 01:03:18 PM

Yeah he's played in Melbourne, Sydney and Durban. Went 0/51 off 4 in the Sydney game where India won off the last ball. They needed 51 from the last 5 overs with Tye bowling 3 and Watson 2. Watson's overs went for 8 and 5, Tye's went for 9, 12 and the final over for 17.

1/28 on debut which was decent, and 1/40 off 3.2 overs in Durban as David Miller also liked his bowling.

I thought his BBL05 was better than this tournament? Yeah he just took a hattrick, but tailenders and the game was done.

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on January 12, 2017, 01:12:16 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 12, 2017, 01:03:18 PM

Yeah he's played in Melbourne, Sydney and Durban. Went 0/51 off 4 in the Sydney game where India won off the last ball. They needed 51 from the last 5 overs with Tye bowling 3 and Watson 2. Watson's overs went for 8 and 5, Tye's went for 9, 12 and the final over for 17.

1/28 on debut which was decent, and 1/40 off 3.2 overs in Durban as David Miller also liked his bowling.

I thought his BBL05 was better than this tournament? Yeah he just took a hattrick, but tailenders and the game was done.

Oh I agree his 5 has been better. But on his day a bowler that can keep it tight and take wickets is impressive. Admittedly those International numbers are fairly horrid

Ringo

Hurricanes have won the toss and will be bowling first..

Two changes for the Renegades - Marcus Harris and Xavier Doherty come in; Chris Tremain and Matthew Short miss out.

Hurricanes have also made two changes - Shaun Tait and Clive Rose are out. Sam Rainbird and Jake Reed come in.

Here are the XIs -

Renegades - Aaron Finch (capt), Marcus Harris, Cameron White, Tom Cooper, Callum Ferguson, Thisara Perera, Sunil Narine, Peter Nevill (wk), James Pattinson, Xavier Doherty, Brad Hogg

Hurricanes - Tim Paine (capt, wk), Matthew Short, Ben McDermott, George Bailey, Daniel Christian, Jonathan Wells, Beau Webster, Sam Rainbird, Cameron Boyce, Stuart Broad, Jake Reed

No Sanga for Canes

plumdog millionaire

plumdog millionaire

Renegades have batted well but the Hurricanes' fielding has cost them at least 15 runs and a couple dismissals

fanTCfool

What a score! Keen to watch Paine and Short go hard and hopefully make a game of it.