BBL|06 and WBBL|02: Match Discussion Thread!

Started by PowerBug, December 09, 2016, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

AJ Tye

Regulation Smorgasbord: 17 deliveries, 5 runs
The Phantom: 1 delivery, 6 runs

Bill Manspeaker

fanTCfool

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 02, 2017, 01:18:45 AM
haha 'the phantom'. that was funny  ;D

"You wanna see it?"
"Nah, nah mate"

Little did Maxy know that AJ Tye only listens to the great Adam Voges as skipper  ;D

PowerBug

OI! It's Benny Laughlin that bowls the smorgasbord thank you very much. Find something else for Tye.

fanTCfool

Quote from: PowerBug on January 02, 2017, 01:34:11 AM
OI! It's Benny Laughlin that bowls the smorgasbord thank you very much. Find something else for Tye.

Gilly went with Licorice All Sorts earlier, wasn't so much a fan of that.
Besides, I thought Laughlin was dropped  8)

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on January 01, 2017, 10:21:41 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 01, 2017, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 01, 2017, 09:57:03 PM
Nah do tests too, because no amount of rain penalties can stop Aus getting bundled for 60 again in the biggest test on the calendar ::)
Just remember Jukes the next Ashes in in Australia, we wouldn't want to speak up too much because I wouldn't be very confident of what's going to happen in 12 months time :-\

Just remember PB that 95.76% of series' between big 7 teams (Eng, Aus, SA, India, SL, NZ, and the Pakis) are won/drawn by the home team, so it's pretty inevitable

Happy to retain the status of being the only Ashes country to win an away series in the last 15 years for at least a few more years

I'm optimistic though, this Aus team may look tough against scrub teams like a travelling Pakis, the West Indies, etc but like usual won't stand up too well against an actually good team, no matter how bias the groundsmen make their pitches

And getting all out for 60 will always be relevant no matter the topic so shush

Carn the gades btw

While we're only pulling stats that portray my supported nation in a positive light...

Total tests in Aus 162. Total Aus wins 82 total England wins 56

Total tests in Eng 163. Total Aus wins 48 total England wins 50 (plus a shower load of draws because England weather trolol)

Bunch of crabs cant even defend their home properly.

Not to mention Jukes' personal favourite, the fact its really Australia vs England + hand-picked South Africans :P

Anyway back on BBL, carn Scorchers. AJ Tye and MMarsh needa play for Straya in T20s

Jukes

Quote from: Jukes on November 29, 2016, 10:22:56 PM
You guys want to hear something funny?

There are 55% more cricketers in Australia than England and Wales (sources: Cricket.com.au, Telegraph.co.uk).

And yet England has won four of the last five Ashes series, won the series in South Africa 2-1 (SA winning the fourth and meaningless test) in 2015/16 while Aus lost at home to South Africa 2-1 in 2016 (only managing to win the third and meaningless test), and won the 2012/13 series in India - Aus haven't even won a test in India since October 2004 and have just the one series win there in the last 45 years (and as we all know tests amongst those big four mentioned are the only ones that matter).

Burn

elephants

Pretty keen to see Pollard do something soon, been a pretty quiet tournament for him so far (not as quiet as Dre Russ though!)

Tonking on a smaller Blundstone Arena might be the kick-start he needs!

Ringo

News from the toss is that the Hurricanes have won the toss and chosen to bowl first.

Team News: Hurricanes XI: Paine (c), Short, Sangakkara, Bailey, Christian, Wells, Webster, Milenko, Boyce, Rose, Broad
The big news is that Shaun Tait is missing with an elbow injury. Hamish Kingston also misses out. All-rounder Simon Millenko comes in while 23yro right-hander Beau Webster makes his T20. He has three First-Class hundreds to his name.

Strikers XI: Weatherald, Dunk, Head, Hodge (c), Dean, Pollard, Jordan, Neser, Laughlin, O'Connor, Stanlake
Brad Hodge opened the other night with some success but is listed to move back to four. ACT batsman Jono Dean gets another opportunity for the Strikers in the middle order with Jake Lehmann missing out. Michael Neser also returns as a seam up option replacing left arm spinner Tom Andrews.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ringo on January 02, 2017, 07:38:38 PM
News from the toss is that the Hurricanes have won the toss and chosen to bowl first.
I think Gilly last night said that 11/13 captains have opted to bowl first this tournament. Something like that anyway. 7/13 have won batting first, so more than half :P

Also:
Dean's in at 3 and he's fired up! 10 minutes until Weathers and Dunk get cracking

Torpedo10

Quote from: fanTCfool on January 01, 2017, 07:36:48 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 01, 2017, 12:35:58 AM
Quote from: Nige on December 31, 2016, 11:01:07 PM
The slower balls are the only thing that I struggle with. Legend is pretty difficult I've found.
Yep it's that extreme change of pace that gets me. So 122 was a fluke and I haven't managed 40 in the next 4 games. I have bowled better game on game though and rolled the Stars for just over 120. Just need to find a way to bat for more than 5 overs...

I play mostly behind the wicket, helps counter the pace variations.

As for bowling, just swing the ball ridiculous amounts, swipe your finger forwards at pace, then take a sharp left or right turn.

Each opposition batsman has their own weakness, if they are knocking you around the park bowling full, drop back short of a length, just a matter of figuring out which works for each batsman, and vice versa.
Just lost by 2 wickets, scored 34 and they reached it 8 down  :P

Rusty00

I found it odd that Christian didn't bowl the first few games. Even more so after tonight's effort :o

Was he returning from an injury that prevented him bowling?

Ringo

Quote from: Rusty00 on January 02, 2017, 09:35:10 PM
I found it odd that Christian didn't bowl the first few games. Even more so after tonight's effort :o

Was he returning from an injury that prevented him bowling?
Do not know Rusty - Had him in my first team and when he did not bowl he went out  >:( And now he produces this. Is this because Tait is out or can we expect him to continue to bowl.

fanTCfool

I thought that Sanga's last shot went down to the boundary for four, but Cricket Aus website says it was a single, and the scores stem from the stats on there. What's the deal?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: fanTCfool on January 02, 2017, 11:31:35 PM
I thought that Sanga's last shot went down to the boundary for four, but Cricket Aus website says it was a single, and the scores stem from the stats on there. What's the deal?
I didn't watch the game but reading cricinfo it says because the batsmen completed the one run needed for victory the 4 doesn't count

you'd feel pretty ripped off if you needed the 4 for your century haha