BBL|06 and WBBL|02: Match Discussion Thread!

Started by PowerBug, December 09, 2016, 04:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

LEL MEMESWELL

Carn the gades (carn the scorchers more though of course)

PowerBug

if you're the home team when it rains so badly that the umps say time to go off, you should lose premeirship points simply for having your home ground in a shower place :P

Rusty00

Quote from: PowerBug on January 01, 2017, 09:24:30 PM
if you're the home team when it rains so badly that the umps say time to go off, you should lose premeirship points simply for having your home ground in a shower place :P
Would this apply in England as well? :P

fanTCfool

Smart by Faulkner to get the extra run before the free hit, not only does he get a cheap slog but it means the field can't change

PowerBug

Quote from: Rusty00 on January 01, 2017, 09:34:23 PM
Nah T20 only rule of course ;)

Jukes

Quote from: PowerBug on January 01, 2017, 09:53:45 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on January 01, 2017, 09:34:23 PM
Nah T20 only rule of course ;)

Nah do tests too, because no amount of rain penalties can stop Aus getting bundled for 60 again in the biggest test on the calendar ::)

PowerBug

Quote from: Jukes on January 01, 2017, 09:57:03 PM
Nah do tests too, because no amount of rain penalties can stop Aus getting bundled for 60 again in the biggest test on the calendar ::)
Just remember Jukes the next Ashes in in Australia, we wouldn't want to speak up too much because I wouldn't be very confident of what's going to happen in 12 months time :-\

Jukes

Quote from: PowerBug on January 01, 2017, 10:05:01 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 01, 2017, 09:57:03 PM
Just remember Jukes the next Ashes in in Australia, we wouldn't want to speak up too much because I wouldn't be very confident of what's going to happen in 12 months time :-\

Just remember PB that 95.76% of series' between big 7 teams (Eng, Aus, SA, India, SL, NZ, and the Pakis) are won/drawn by the home team, so it's pretty inevitable

Happy to retain the status of being the only Ashes country to win an away series in the last 15 years for at least a few more years

I'm optimistic though, this Aus team may look tough against scrub teams like a travelling Pakis, the West Indies, etc but like usual won't stand up too well against an actually good team, no matter how bias the groundsmen make their pitches

And getting all out for 60 will always be relevant no matter the topic so shush

Carn the gades btw

fanTCfool

Zorba you sore loser. Respect plummeting. Disgusting.

Torpedo10

Stoinis has effectively run out three of his teammates.

:-\

PowerBug

I'd like to create an algorithm to replace Duckworth/Lewis one day. Or perhaps something that is specific to the T20 game. Will add it to the list of sports projects I'm never going to complete.

Oh yeah, that thought came about when I wondered why only 12 runs were taken off the Gades total when they scored at 8.5 per over, would've thought something closer to 17 would've come up.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Torpedo10 on January 01, 2017, 10:25:34 PM
Stoinis has effectively run out three of his teammates.

You can understand why he did it, but it can't be good for the team. He needed the strike or else the stars were cooked if they weren't already. But geez, that was hard to watch that last half of the match, some really strange things took place.

PowerBug

Sucks to be James Muirhead. He's really disappeared over the last few years... He's played like 2 games in 3 seasons at the Scorchers?

fanTCfool

Oh Jay Lenton! That's a little unlucky really, trapped by his own bowler.

Gigantor

Why is it so enjoyable to watch Watto fail  ;D