WXV Summer League MMXVI

Started by Levi434, October 02, 2016, 07:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB67th

I think you might only be able to put in one lot of mid-match tactics RD.

Here's the team for New Delhi.

Team Name: New Delhi Tigers
Structure: Standard
Tagging: Jack Ziebell tagging Gary Ablett
Mid-Match: "Limit" tactic for Jeremy Cameron

D: Bachar Houli, Jeremy Howe, Hamish Hartlett, Nick Vlastuin
M: Robbie Gray (C), Steele Sidebottom (VC), Marc Murphy, Jack Ziebell
R: Stefan Martin
F: Jack Darling, Jack Martin, Travis Cloke, Jeremy Cameron
I: Matt Crouch, Seb Ross

I'll back Cameron to overcome his poor form and kick a bag.
The team is looking quite strong, I'm backing NDT to take this competition out ;)

RaisyDaisy

Ahh OK, didn't see that it was limited to one tactic. We'll remove the 3rd tactic.

Once Meow names his team I might add a Tag in, just because we might as well trial as many new rules as possible, but for now it's just JJK LIMIT and Duncan Form Boost

Team Name: New York Revolution
Mid-Match: "Limit" tactic for Josh J Kennedy

B: David Mundy, Josh Gibson, Tom McDonald, Shannon Hurn
M: Jordan Lewis (VC), Mitch Duncan (C), Tom Scully, David Armitage
R: Kurt Tippett
F: Josh J Kennedy, Isaac Heeney, Liam Picken, Daniel Menzel
I: Dom Tyson, Shaun Grigg

meow meow

Gibbs tagging Monday
Waite limit

B: Joe Montagna, Bob, Dempster, Lever, McVeigh
M: Gibbs, Mitchell (vc), Fiorini (c), Wells
R: Sandilands
F: Waite, Higgo, Boyd
I: Griffen, Masten

Adamant

Team Name: Toronto Wolves
Tagging: Scott Selwood tagging Dyson Heppell
Mid-Match: Takeover for Brodie Smith

D: Brodie Smith, Shane Savage, Jack Grimes (c), Riley Bonner
M: Jackson Macrae, Travis Boak (vc), Pearce Hanley, Mitch Wallis
R: Matthew Kreuzer
F: Taylor Walker, Jordan De Goey, Nathan Hrovat, Lewis Taylor
I: Scott Selwood, Sam Kerridge

RaisyDaisy

OP says tagger needs to be from same position so can Gibbs tag Mundy seeing as we have him in def?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on November 06, 2016, 08:01:02 PM
Ahh OK, didn't see that it was limited to one tactic. We'll remove the 3rd tactic.

Once Meow names his team I might add a Tag in, just because we might as well trial as many new rules as possible, but for now it's just JJK LIMIT and Duncan Form Boost

Team Name: New York Revolution
Mid-Match: "Limit" tactic for Josh J Kennedy

B: David Mundy, Josh Gibson, Tom McDonald, Shannon Hurn
M: Jordan Lewis (VC), Mitch Duncan (C), Tom Scully, David Armitage
R: Kurt Tippett
F: Josh J Kennedy, Isaac Heeney, Liam Picken, Daniel Menzel
I: Dom Tyson, Shaun Grigg

Liam Picken to tag Higgins

Holz

Team Name: Dublin
Tagging: Sloane Tags Fyfe (Sloane a Tackle Machine)
Mid-Match: Jroo - Limit

D: Alex Rance, Chris Yarran, Grant Birchall
M: J.Selwood (C), A.Treloar, B.Crouch, R.Sloane
R: T.Goldstein (VC)
F: J.Gunston, J.Roo, J.Westhoff, D.Martin, M.Daw
I: N.Jones, K.Jack

Adamant

Quote from: Adamant on November 07, 2016, 01:25:45 AM

F: Taylor Walker, Jordan De Goey, Brendon Ah Chee, Shane Kersten

Ah Chee and Kersten in for Hrovat and Taylor.

meow meow

Levi434

Pretty sure every team has submitted now.

First game is tomorrow! 8)

Torpedo10

Can Scotty tag Hepp if Hepp goes in Mids and Scotty is on the interchange?

Also, could I choose to tag Scotty if he's tagging, or even tag him with Hepp to cancel it out?

Levi434

Quote from: Torpedo10 on November 07, 2016, 04:26:10 PM

Can Scotty tag Hepp if Hepp goes in Mids and Scotty is on the interchange?

Also, could I choose to tag Scotty if he's tagging, or even tag him with Hepp to cancel it out?

I don't see any problem as long as the players are the official same position? It really makes no difference if Selwood and Wallis are swapped around.

And yes to both of the 2nd part.

Torpedo10

Moscow Spetsnaz:

Hogan for Limit

D: Sam Docherty (VC), Steven May, Jack Hombsch, Lynden Dunn
M: Dyson Heppell (C), Stephen Coniglio Jack Crisp, Jaeger O'Meara
R: Nic Naitanui
F: Jesse Hogan, Tom Bell, Angus Monfries, Tom Bellchambers
I: Sam Menegola, Ryan "King" Bastinac

Levi434

Berlin VS Dublin

Preview:
What a rivalry this has been over the years. Obviously Berlin looking to bounce back after a horror season and Dublin out to prove they are still amongst WXV’s elite teams. It seemed like only a few days ago the WXV Grand Final was on but here we about to get the season underway with some “friendly” Summer League action.

Are we surprise that these teams have seemingly gone full strength? Perhaps Berlin itching for some action after not playing finals? Wouldn’t want to risk injury if I was any team in the comp. In fact I would take this opportunity to get some games in the young legs of my players. Perhaps we’ll see that later on and particularly after the draft.

We’re nearly underway here in the first Summer League matchup and it looks as though the tactics have already started! Berlin coach Purple 77 decided to withdraw Steve Johnson and play Daniel Talia. But it seems Dublin coach, Holz has countered that defensive shift by moving Dustin Martin who apparently is still a forward up there.

It looks as though Talia is going to do a job on Rance? A gun defender tagging another? It could work. In the middle the tackling machine Rory Sloane has moved across to Fyfe and he will tag the Berlin captain. In terms of Dublin’s captain, they’ve gone with the player in hot form, Joel Selwood. We’ll have to wait and see what sort of mid-match tactics each coach employs but it seems like Holz has persisted with the out of form Westhoff.

The Game:

Recap:
Daniel Talia went to Rance and did the job on him. Rance loses 5% per each of the 5 extra tackles Talia made meaning a 25% drop! What a game by Talia! Whilst his 95 will only get cut by 15%. Although the damage is probably not as deep as it could have been as Rance was only able to muster up 66 SC which goes down to 50. Overall Talia lost 14 to Rance losing 16.

Fyfe the Berlin saviour scored 108 meaning he gets that doubled but since he was tagged by Rory Sloane, means Fyfe loses 10% of his score as Sloane had 2 more tackles than him. However this is only 10% off the original not off the captain score. So Fyfe gets 98 + 108 = 206 total.

Jack Steven was on a hot streak coming in here and despite only getting 77 his streak takes him to 85. However, he won’t have the hot streak bonus for next round.

Berlin were up big approaching half-time and looked to consolidate their lead. They sent Buddy down back as a 6th defender and it payed big dividends. He took a few crucial marks to prevent Dublin from taking the momentum into the main break. Buddy gets a +3x3 as he kicked 3 goals.

Joel Selwood will continue his hot streak into next week with a huge 124 as Dublin’s captain. Combine that with the +13 he gets from the streak and you’ve got 261.

J. Roo kicked 2 goals with his left but at the very end of the game with Dublin only leading by 4 points, they sent him down back to provide an extra number and he did his job taking a crucial junk-time +6 Heath Shaw-like performance.

Westhoff breaks his cold-streak for next game with 94 but he still gets the -10% this week. He finishes on 85.

Great way to kick off the Summer League and I am very much looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Final Score:
Berlin 1370
Dublin 1440

Up Next:
We have the second game of our double-headed. Rio VS New Dehli as we get into the 1st ever Summer League! It's getting hot.

Holz

Amazing write up, just a clarification on the tagging

"Nominate a player to tag a player of the same position. The tagger loses 15% just for playing a tagging role. The player being tagged loses 5% for each TACKLE the tagger makes. BUT if the player being tagged has the same or more tackles than the tagger, he breaks the tag and receives no penalty, while the tagger still loses 15%"

I didnt know it was the difference in the tagging, it makes much more sense though just think this above rule needs to be reworded.