WXV Official Trade Confabulation

Started by meow meow, July 13, 2016, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on July 21, 2016, 10:45:03 PM
Nobody is going to trade with your arrogant ass anymore so you don't need to worry about the voting.
Haha, you'll be surprised.

Holz can sell ice to eskimoes.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on July 21, 2016, 10:52:00 PM
Quote from: meow meow on July 21, 2016, 10:45:03 PM
Nobody is going to trade with your arrogant ass anymore so you don't need to worry about the voting.
Haha, you'll be surprised.

Holz can sell ice to eskimoes.

why use that normal ice when you can have this pure ice to drink from or this ice with sawdust in it to increase strengh by 20 times.

Torpedo10

Just remember everyone.

You negged:

Moscow Give: Cal Ward
Beijing Give: Cale Hooker, Tom Bell, Pick 8

We had to then give up Jenkins, not something we wanted or Toga really wanted at the time. He is now a 90 Forward.  ::)

#giveusaprioritypick

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Holz on July 21, 2016, 10:01:49 PM
there were lots of deals that passed that turned out to be ripping people off.

then lots of deals that were rejected that look very fair now.

Not being sarcastic, seriously asking - got some examples?

And Torp, you lose that trade in hindsight, but at the time Hooker was coming off a 90, Bell similar and Pick 8 so a starting def, starting forward and 1st round pick seems like a hell of a lot for mid. Jenkins was a 70 fwd and balanced it out - just unlucky in hindsight as nobody expected Jerker to score so well this year

JBs-Hawks

And if you didnt like the deal with Jenkins involved nobody was forcing you to do it so quit complaining.

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 22, 2016, 12:19:35 AM
And if you didnt like the deal with Jenkins involved nobody was forcing you to do it so quit complaining.

Could have given someone instead of jenkins aswell.

Torpedo10

It's alright guys, just reminding all coaches that you don't know anywhere near as much as the coaches involved in the trade, hence don't neg trades. ;)

Nige

Um, what is that even supposed to mean?  ???

Holz

Quote from: Torpedo10 on July 22, 2016, 10:11:44 AM
It's alright guys, just reminding all coaches that you don't know anywhere near as much as the coaches involved in the trade, hence don't neg trades. ;)

But you obvisouly didnt see jenkins turning into a star so who do you trust.

No trade should be neeged we have soo many examples of the process failing. Its ridicoulous that teams can stop other teams from trading.

I thought we were supposed to following the afl, they dont have this for a very good reason

Torpedo10

Quote from: Nige on July 22, 2016, 10:13:23 AM
Um, what is that even supposed to mean?  ???
Don't neg trades!

RaisyDaisy

Ahhh the old quarterly discussion around making changes to the way we trade  ;D

Purple 77

Stop beating a dead horse Holz  ;) trade voting is here to stay

Which reminds me, I've been thinking long and hard on ways to make the whole process a bit more bearable.

Some of the ideas that I think I will implement:

1) I'm going to be a lot more strict on reasons why people are negging a trade. If I think it's because of a personal reason, or the neg is out of being petty, or not enough detail is in the neg, then I simply won't count it

2) I'll be PMing the coaches involved in the negged trade; quoting the reason why people negged the trade, but will omit the author of the trade rejecter(s)

3) I'll be implementing a strict "no whinging" policy. Whenever anyone is whinging about a trade decision, I'll simply say "stop whinging, move on", or maybe even delete their post, even if it looks like I'm being a dick, and even if it is a legitimate complaint... I'm tired of it. I'll no longer be defending my decisions outside of the post that made it, at least in the public eye, i.e. I won't be making ANY posts discussing the merits of a trade. You have no idea how much the last trade period took out of me.

4) I'm thinking about jumping the gun in ruling the decisions of some trades to speed the process up. For example, if we're waiting on 3 more coaches, and I'm happy with a trade that has 1 or 2 votes attached to it, then I'll pass it. The coaches that missed out still have to send me their votes though.

5) If a trade goes ahead where it involved one coach not resolving a loose end in trade talks with another coach i.e. trade someone who another coach PMed about, and you traded them anyway, then I think that might just be an auto-neg, until you resolve the loose end

6).... to be decided  ;)

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 22, 2016, 10:30:23 AM

Which reminds me, I've been thinking long and hard on ways to make the whole process a bit more bearable.

1) I'm going to be a lot more strict on reasons why people are negging a trade. If I think it's because of a personal reason, or the neg is out of being petty, or not enough detail is in the neg, then I simply won't count it

2) I'll be PMing the coaches involved in the negged trade; quoting the reason why people negged the trade, but will omit the author of the trade rejecter(s)

3) I'll be implementing a strict "no whinging" policy. Whenever anyone is whinging about a trade decision, I'll simply say "stop whinging, move on", or maybe even delete their post, even if it looks like I'm being a dick, and even if it is a legitimate complaint... I'm tired of it. I'll no longer be defending my decisions outside of the post that made it, at least in the public eye, i.e. I won't be making ANY posts discussing the merits of a trade. You have no idea how much the last trade period took out of me.

4) I'm thinking about jumping the gun in ruling the decisions of some trades to speed the process up. For example, if we're waiting on 3 more coaches, and I'm happy with a trade that has 1 or 2 votes attached to it, then I'll pass it. The coaches that missed out still have to send me their votes though.

5) If a trade goes ahead where it involved one coach not resolving a loose end in trade talks with another coach i.e. trade someone who another coach PMed about, and you traded them anyway, then I think that might just be an auto-neg, until you resolve the loose end

6).... to be decided  ;)

happy with those moves.

especially people having to give a valid reason for negging. People doing the trades probably end up doing at least 30 minutes of research (I do alot more) then i think some (not all) make a decision to neg or pass in a few seconds.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 22, 2016, 10:30:23 AM

6).... to be decided  ;)
This I don't like.

If someone negs a trade they should be known.

We shouldn't treat this like an Election, we should treat it like a Parliament.

RaisyDaisy

Nice Purps

Good to see you've put your big boy pants on and made some firm decisions :)

I think in the past you've tried your best/too much to try and please everyone, and as Admin you just can't do that

We voted you in as Admin because we know you're fair and reasonable, so I'm glad to see you are now finally just telling us how it's going to be as opposed to asking 20 people how they want it to be

Once you make these sort of decisions, people who might not agree move on very quickly because what's done is done

Should have been like this from the beginning, but understand you're just a top bloke who wanted to please everyone and keep the peace but you've now realised that can't be done so it's up to you to lay down and enforce the law!  8)