D-Mac's Destroyers 2020

Started by dmac07, January 02, 2020, 08:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac07

My first draft for 2020

DEF: Z.Williams, J.Sicily, S.Docherty, D.Roberton, S.Hill, W.Gould (L.Gallant, T.Rivers)

Docherty, Roberton and Hill all good picks if named round one, but risky to have them all. Williams my first picked premium. Could downgrade one of Roberton/Hill to a rookie if theres enough picked and go Sicily to Lloyd.

MID: L.Neale, N.Fyfe, P.Cripps, M.Bontempelli, Z.Merrett, M.Rowell, N
N.Cockatoo, M.Pickett (L.Valente, D.Robertson, M.Hibberd)

Neale and Cripps I've locked in. Still playing with the best combination of Bont/Fyfe/Danger/Mitchell. Merrett as a slightly cheaper option, could be upgraded if I find the cash.

RUCK: B.Grundy, M.Gawn (M.Conroy)

No other options under consideration, I think anyone that doesn't start Grundy and Gawn is crazy.

FWD: L.Whitfield, D.Martin, D.Smith, A.Bonnar, S.Flanders, I.Rankine (M.King, H.Jones)

Standard Whitfield/Martin/Smith combo. Bonnar and Flanders seem worth the extra cash over other rookies at this very early stage.

Finding the balance tough this year with the expense of very obvious starters in Whitfield, Gawn, Grundy, Cripps, Neale.

Ringo

Nice structure - A lot using this structure due to the GG ruck combo. Not sure whether you are aware or not but have posted that Comben from Roos at R3 has 12 Sunday games for loop hole and also with R/F DPP if you wanted to start Cameron forward as well.

Fid

Quote from: Ringo on January 02, 2020, 08:52:04 PM
Nice structure - A lot using this structure due to the GG ruck combo. Not sure whether you are aware or not but have posted that Comben from Roos at R3 has 12 Sunday games for loop hole and also with R/F DPP if you wanted to start Cameron forward as well.

I initially had conroy as my ruck as I only wanted to waste one non cash generating position, and I then opted to go the Comben/Camerorn option, but I have now reverted back to what I started with.

I really dont see the need to burn two spots that dont generate any cash for using the loop hole and picking up Cameron as a bench forward. 

For me, its now the cheapest ruck bench option and I want the rest to make money

coglan13

Having a r/f at R3 is important though. You don't have to start with a r/f in the forward line, just jump on the best available if needed later.

dmac07

No whole sale changes but a little more guns and rookies and fitting an extra premium in.

Def - Siciliy, Houston, Docherty, S.Hill, Brander, McLennan (Rivers, Gould)

Mid - Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Bont, Treloar, Rowell, Cockatoo, Pickett (McHenry, Bytall, Hibberd)

Ruck - Grundy, Gawn (Cameron)

Fwd - Whitfield, Martin, Heeney, Bonnar, Rankine, King (Worell, Budarick)