The Process 2022

Started by Mat0369, January 31, 2022, 01:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Libba & Parker are the two I'm also looking at, I think having a DPP on the midfield bench will be a necessity the way the rookies keep faltering.

Mat0369

With no English I am also contemplating making two trades this week and bringing in Heeney instead. Otherwise I am looping Rosas/Clarke again which is a recipe for disaster.

Mat0369

If Jackson misses I'm eating a donut. Ruck has been a headache for me

Cripps and Laird also in doubt which is fun

Mat0369

Score: 2305
Round Rank: 54,426
Cash: $101,000

Good: Sinclair, Cumming, Wehr, Oliver, Laird, Miller, Walsh, Brayshaw, Hough, Neale, Bont, Cogs
Pass: Hewett, Macrae, Cripps, Parker, Neale Captain
Bad: Doc, Crisp, Greene
Ugly: Rosas, Rich, Jackson/English donut

Terrible week. Rich and his hamstring were a disaster. He was scoring pretty well up until that point as well

Jackson/English have been terrible trades in for me and resulted in a donut for me. What also sucks is that Gawn is back and he is the guy I was banking on missing time hence the trades involving both

Greene has gone from a steal to lacklustre.

While Neale looks good on paper as my captain, a lot of teams had Oliver.

I probably just hold my trades for this week if I can field a full team. Otherwise Rosas is the one on the block. I am almost tempted to see if I can make a trade involving him and my available cash for some better bench coverage.

Ringo

With Jackson being named and English virtually confirmed I would also sit Wehr can cover Rich for a week (I also have Rich). Not sure how many trades left you have and if 4 or less would sit and use for sideways if not performing eg Cripps with 3 scores in a row less than 100 starting to be a worry.

Could go Rosas to Hobbs for stronger bench but risk there is Hobbs gets dropped as happened last week and then reprieve. Jackson can cover two lines but need to watch his scores with Gawn back. Hough is providing reasonable cover in mids. Hobbs will cover two lines as well if you go that way,

Mat0369

Score: 2280
Round Rank: 30,552

Good: Sinclair, Doc, Hewett, Oliver (C), Laird, Miller, Brayshaw, Cogs, Parker, Witts
Pass: Macrae, Bont, English
Bad: Crisp, Walsh, Neale, Cripps
Ugly: Cumming, Wehr, Hough, Greene, Jackson, Rosas

Really poor round again. My team has hit the skids and I don't know how to fix it with so few trades remaining. Hindsight says I should have never traded Gawn and Butters.

The plan has been to turn Rosas into Taranto. I was short on cash last week and would have needed to make two trades. I held hoping they could both swing enough to make it with 1 trade. Rosas did the unthinkable, scored -8 and pinged his hamstring.

Cumming since I traded him in has had his two lowest scores. Greene has come back to earth, Jackson has been a major flop, Cripps and Crisp have hit a form slump.

With Oliver out this week I have to use Hough for coverage. I am a bit stuck on how the hell I turn Rosas into competent bench coverage with my lack of rookies.

Bully

Wehr to Sonsie via Hough, you can now use Hough on two lines, that gives you enough cash to get Rosas up to someone decent.

Bully

I wouldn't beat yourself up over trading Gawn, you were staring down a donut otherwise, once Jackson is on the bench the team looks fine.

Mat0369

Quote from: Bully on July 15, 2022, 10:07:06 AM
Wehr to Sonsie via Hough, you can now use Hough on two lines, that gives you enough cash to get Rosas up to someone decent.

Most of the players available are still trash. I feel the play is maybe try and sideways Greene and Jackson at some point but at the same time I am in a tough spot with no coverage. When Zorko comes back he might be a decent option to cover my M9/D7 spot on the cheap.

The forwards are hard because the only two I  like are Libba and Taranto. I can't afford Libba and Taranto isn't worth burning the 2nd trade.

Right now I am going to sit and assess coming out of this round. I just feel my team is on the downswing in the overall standings and a couple extra trades would come in handy right now.

Mat0369

Score: 2344
Round Rank: 27,109

Good: Sinclair, Cumming, Wehr, Laird, Miller, Neale, Macrae, Walsh, Bont, Greene, Jackson
Pass: Cogs, Parker, Brayshaw, Crisp, Doc, Hewett
Bad: Cripps, Witts, Dunkley
Ugly: English, Hough

Another week down, another average performance.

I took the safe score from Macrae which was a win if I took Miller/Neale as C but a loss considering Laird scored 154

Hough was awful while Wehr had a decent game. So I essentially still went into the round with a donut after the Hough performance.

Plans for this week. I am tempted to make 2 of my last three trades to sure up that mid/forward bench and possibly move Jackson to my bench.

Options

Rosas and Hough out

Culley/Cumberland and Taranto in

Leaves me with 1 trade left and bugger all cash. I haven't seen enough of Cumberland to know if he is worth picking. He seems to be finding the ball around the sticks quite a bit which is a bonus. But I also figure he is the first out when Dusty is back next week

Mat0369

Other option is Marshall now that Ryder is out long term

Mat0369

Score: 2276
Round Rank: 29,350
Cash: $12,400

Good: Sinclair, Laird, Miller, Neale, Walsh, Cripps, Cumberland, English, Bont, Cogs, Taranto
Pass: Parker
Bad: Doc, Crisp, Wehr, Oliver (C), Macrae, Witts
Ugly: Rich, Cumming, Brayshaw Vice last minute, Dunley, Greene, Jackson

One trade left, potential donut and unsure what to do from here. The original hope was for Wehr to make enough cash, turn him into Zorko and be good to go

Unfortunately with Rich and Hewett out I need to make a call on one and now. I'm leaning towards dumping Rich and turning him into one of Atkins, Pendles, Blicavs, Lloyd or Zorko.

Ringo

I would be more inclined to dump Hewett due to the comment made earlier in the week that he is no certainty for next week

George Hewett (back)

- Continuing to manage his back and will miss this week
- Is currently a week-to-week assessment to play

Rich only concussion although looked bad should be back next week.

Saad also worth a look

Mat0369

I was looking at Saad and he either scores huge or low 70's. Trading Hewett I can afford Vlaustin/Dale who are both tempting

Mat0369

Actually add Brayshaw to the list. Just looked at his numbers and they're impressive