World 15 Discussion

Started by ossie85, November 15, 2011, 12:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

I have to make a list since I will be away for 3 weeks. Going to be massive!! :o

FisherSaints

HP pick now. How will the league work, will it be on the SC website or will it be run on here

ossie85

Quote from: FisherSaints on November 16, 2011, 08:52:17 AM
HP pick now. How will the league work, will it be on the SC website or will it be run on here

Thought that could be kind of cool, us signing up a league on the actual site :) But since you can only pick 30 players, I think it will be just done here.

c4v3m4n

For anyone interested, the Islanders will be holding a press conference in 5 minutes in their own thread.

It's a big one people.

PowerBug

Nice idea HP/oss/c4 whoever is was. Putting WXV in front of anything.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: PowerBug on November 16, 2011, 12:01:55 PM
Check the first post to see who edited it :P. Just since we have European 14's coming in, a good way to distinguish which team is in which Comp :).

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 16, 2011, 12:03:05 PM
Check the first post to see who edited it :P. Just since we have European 14's coming in, a good way to distinguish which team is in which Comp :).
You violated my post!!!  >:(

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 16, 2011, 12:05:58 PM
Do you want me to? >:(.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 16, 2011, 12:06:39 PM
Want you to what?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 16, 2011, 12:07:57 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 16, 2011, 12:06:39 PM
Want you to what?
You'll see eventually ;).

CrowsFan

c4v3m4n

Hey all,

Dare you to check out my team page. I just put up pictures and artist illustrations of the new proposed stadiums for the Islanders for season 2012.  :o

ossie85

K, 15 coaches returned a result. That'll do.

Survey Results:

1. How should "emergencies" be selected?
- As listed in http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44830.0.html  66.7% 10
- The same way it works in SC/DT  33.3% 5
- Other (please specify) 0

2. What should happen when a coach is late submitting there team for a round?
- The last team they entered should be considered the team for this round.  46.7% 7
- The last team they entered should be considered the team for this round, with a 10% penalty.  33.3% 5
- Can submit a team late, but can not select any players who have already played  20.0% 3
- Forfeit   0.0% 0

3. Should there be a "sub rule"? If so, how should it work?
- No  46.7% 7
- Yes, as listed http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44830.msg590664.html#msg590664  53.3% 8

4. c4v3m4n suggested a way of presenting scores, do you agree?
- No  20.0% 3
- Yes, as listed http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44830.msg590681.html#msg590681  66.7% 10
- Yes, as listed http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44830.msg590681.html#msg590681 but close games should be a draw  13.3% 2

5. What should happen when the National Draft occurs?
- Wait until current draft is finished before starting new one  35.7% 5
- Run both drafts at same time  64.3% 9
- Other (please specify) 1 (only run draft when 5-7 rounds left)

6. The National Draft should:
- Reversed draft order (Boomz #1, roo boys #18)  60.0% 9
- Randomised draft order  40.0% 6

7. How many players should be available in the National Draft?
- 72, 4 players selected each. If more than 72 players, the remainder goes to Preseason/Rookie draft. If less, some rookies added to make up the numbers  26.7% 4

- 72, as above. But you have the option of "Passing" which gives you an extra pick in the Preseason/Rookie draft  60.0% 9

- 72, as above. But you have the option of "Passing" which means you have 1 less squad member   0.0% 0

- Just those players actually selected  13.3% 2

- Other (please specify)

(note: not selected answer) 72 players selected in draft AND Certain number of picks in Pre-season/rokkie draft, perhaps minimum of 3 rookies, max 5, and if you don't select 5 e.g. 4, you get THE RIGHT to 1 pick in pre-season draft, optional pick

8. Should there be a "home ground" advantage?
- Yes, with a 50 point head start  13.3% 2
- Yes, with the lowest scoring player scoring double  20.0% 3
- Yes, with a 50 point head start, but no home advantage in finals  20.0% 3
- Yes, with the lowest scoring player scoring double, but no home advantage in finals  26.7% 4
- No  20.0% 3
- Other (please specify)

9. The Preseason/Rookie draft is the third stage of drafting. How should selections be determined?
- Randomised  86.7% 13
- Continue directly from end of current draft  13.3% 2

Another idea to have the same order as the National Draft in order to match the AFL.

sorry, I screwed the "other" option a bit.

The sub-rule is the most controversial.

CrowsFan

CrowsFan Feeling the Heat

It's not even Summer time in Brazil yet the heat is already getting to head coach of the Sao Paulo Pumas, CrowsFan. In extraordinary circumstances the pressure of running a football team has brought CrowsFan to his knees and needing a break. And so he will be taking an absence of leave for the next few weeks, getting away from the world media and constant speculation of what he will do next to run the team.

"I just couldn't handle the pressure of the top job when I am so inexperienced myself and decided I needed a break," CrowsFan said in a recent press conference. "I thought to myself, where would be the most remote place I could go to get away from the constant pressure, and decided that the media couldn't possible follow me in to the Himalayas! And so for the next few weeks I will be hiding out trekking through the glorious mountains of the Nepalese region. In my place Fletch74 will be taking charge of the team and all team picks until further notice," he concluded.

Well there you have it folks, some interesting circumstances happening before the season even starts! Will this bizarre move pay off for the Pumas, or will it put them on the back foot before the season truly gets underway? Only time will tell...

PowerBug

I say the board should just sack him.