Split Round FAQ

Started by googs?, June 14, 2010, 05:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

trading a player with captain slected doesnt remove the captaincy the player you trade to gets it, the only issue for me is if i put cox on the bench and play mcnmamara from collingwood he is guranteed not to play and put the captaincy on him, does cox get the captaincy or does hodge as vc get the double points

Blueboys

Would this work?

I will use an example only.

Lets say this week I pick Judd (plays week 1) as vice and Ablett as Captain (plays week2)

Judd gets a monter score of over 200+

So I then sub GAJ to the bench for a rookie who doesn't play.
I get Judd's acore as captain, GAJ score since the rookie dind't play!

Is that correct, i think I got it!  ;D

MarkPlow

how about you just captain Dane Swan.. can't really go wrong there

Paddy13

Quote from: MarkPlow on June 15, 2010, 05:01:01 PM

good point :)

MiGZ

This is simple. Here is what you do...

Put VC on a player who is playing in the first week.
Put C on a player who is playing in the second week (Any player, doesn't matter if they are playing or not).

If you are happy with your VC score, then put the C onto a non-playing player. You will then get your VC score.

If you are not happy with your VC score, then you move your C to a player that is playing in the second week and try your luck there.

*As long as your C is playing in the second week you will be able to switch your C around to any other player that is playing in the second week.

*All players that are playing in the first week will be locked out.

Heres an example...

I put Hodge VC and Swan C (Before first lockout)
Hodge scores 150 so I then put the C to a non-playing second week player e.g. Seamus Mcnamara before second lockout.

Hodge scores 30, then I keep the C on Swan (or I can move the C onto any other player who is playing in the second week e.g. Bartel).

Sound good?

Master Q

Yes I Get Ya. But If You Have No Donuts, Would This Work?

Hodge (VC), Swan (C). You Put A Non-Playing Bench Player as Emergency, Hodge scores 300, so you sub swan for the Emergency?

jvalles

Quote from: MiGZ on June 15, 2010, 05:10:58 PM
This is simple. Here is what you do...

Put VC on a player who is playing in the first week.
Put C on a player who is playing in the second week (Any player, doesn't matter if they are playing or not).

If you are happy with your VC score, then put the C onto a non-playing player. You will then get your VC score.

If you are not happy with your VC score, then you move your C to a player that is playing in the second week and try your luck there.

*As long as your C is playing in the second week you will be able to switch your C around to any other player that is playing in the second week.

*All players that are playing in the first week will be locked out.

Heres an example...

I put Hodge VC and Swan C (Before first lockout)
Hodge scores 150 so I then put the C to a non-playing second week player e.g. Seamus Mcnamara before second lockout.

Hodge scores 30, then I keep the C on Swan (or I can move the C onto any other player who is playing in the second week e.g. Bartel).

Sound good?

Yep, thats it...but you need to make sure the emergency that you are using for the gimp plays in the first round...so for me it would be Phil Davis on field with Gumby as my emergency.

jvalles

Quote from: Master Q on June 15, 2010, 05:17:27 PM
Yes I Get Ya. But If You Have No Donuts, Would This Work?

Hodge (VC), Swan (C). You Put A Non-Playing Bench Player as Emergency, Hodge scores 300, so you sub swan for the Emergency?

The last post I made is more the likely situation, and then you would change it to Swan if Hodge goes badly.  But I pretty sure that this time around it will be circumstatial, and there will be lots of teams unable to do it becuase of not having non-playing 2nd week players if that makes sense?

Davoo

wow this is so confusing, i dont get it all. i think u just put the C on someone and hope they play well. it'll be funny if it doesnt work and everyone screws up.

MiGZ

Master Q- No that wouldn't work, because that non-playing emergency would then get your Captaincy and you would then score a 0 as your captain.

Master Q

Quote from: MiGZ on June 15, 2010, 05:23:59 PM
Master Q- No that wouldn't work, because that non-playing emergency would then get your Captaincy and you would then score a 0 as your captain.
But then I would have a VC to cover him? He doesn't play, Swan comes on. Doesn't That Work?

GinoGod

Quote from: MarkPlow on June 15, 2010, 05:01:01 PM
Wouldnt make a captain against the swans

jvalles

Quote from: Master Q on June 15, 2010, 05:25:31 PM
Quote from: MiGZ on June 15, 2010, 05:23:59 PM
But then I would have a VC to cover him? He doesn't play, Swan comes on. Doesn't That Work?

Thats what I assumed would happen and would happen in a regular round, so yes.

Master Q

QuoteThe last post I made is more the likely situation, and then you would change it to Swan if Hodge goes badly.  But I pretty sure that this time around it will be circumstatial, and there will be lots of teams unable to do it becuase of not having non-playing 2nd week players if that makes sense?
Looked at your first post, and yes we do think the same way. Both Got the same plan. I have Joel Corey and I think the cats play week 2.

QuoteMaster Q- No that wouldn't work, because that non-playing emergency would then get your Captaincy and you would then score a 0 as your captain.
-----------------------------
Ok so it does work, I think that's what I'll be doing.

MiGZ

Ok yep I get ya, yes that would aswell. Good thinking. So those are the only two ways of getting this to work by the looks of it.