2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cookie311993

Quote from: Menzel Washington on October 20, 2018, 06:26:34 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 20, 2018, 03:35:31 PM
I feel like the suns will be looking at Sa draft picks for 2,3 and 6 to try and keep them together
You feel like or just repeating what every media outlet has said?
What makes picking 2 (or 3) guys from SA more likely for them to stay compared to 2 (or 3) from Victoria?
Recruiting 2 or 3 guys from Victoria has worked so well in the past hasn’t it. The fact the Sa blokes are all good mates, might actually help their chances. They can’t keep trading players back home in 2-3 seasons

GoLions

Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 20, 2018, 06:52:14 PM
Quote from: Menzel Washington on October 20, 2018, 06:26:34 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 20, 2018, 03:35:31 PM
I feel like the suns will be looking at Sa draft picks for 2,3 and 6 to try and keep them together
You feel like or just repeating what every media outlet has said?
What makes picking 2 (or 3) guys from SA more likely for them to stay compared to 2 (or 3) from Victoria?
Recruiting 2 or 3 guys from Victoria has worked so well in the past hasn’t it. The fact the Sa blokes are all good mates, might actually help their chances. They can’t keep trading players back home in 2-3 seasons
Because Rankine and Lukosius are probably the next best 2 players after Walsh anyway

Cookie311993

It’s either the Sa lads or the King twins, otherwise they could get homesick like has happened recently

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 20, 2018, 07:10:26 PM
It’s either the Sa lads or the King twins, otherwise they could get homesick like has happened recently

Who have they lost to homesickness?

Cookie311993

Josh Caddy, Tom Hickey, jarrod Garlett requested a trade to Wa didn’t happen so he left the game, Adam Saad, scrimshaw, Prestia, Matera, Lynch, Ablett  plus others.

Poor results also don’t help

Cookie311993

Have absolutely no idea how the draft trades work. It’s just the trading of draft picks isn’t it

SilverLion

Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 21, 2018, 08:26:22 PM
Have absolutely no idea how the draft trades work. It’s just the trading of draft picks isn’t it
Yep can only trade picks and future picks for other picks and future picks. Can happen even on the night too.

E.g.

St. Kilda's turn to pick at pick 4, but Rankine or Lukosius is still available, Adelaide might offer them 8, 13 and 21 for 4 for instance. But they mightn't do that if both those players have already been picked.

PowerBug

Quote from: SilverLion on October 21, 2018, 09:29:55 PM
Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 21, 2018, 08:26:22 PM
Yep can only trade picks and future picks for other picks and future picks. Can happen even on the night too.

E.g.

St. Kilda's turn to pick at pick 4, but Rankine or Lukosius is still available, Adelaide might offer them 8, 13 and 21 for 4 for instance. But they mightn't do that if both those players have already been picked.
And your example is what I'm expecting will happen on the night. Where the Crows jump us as soon as Gold Coast decide on who to take at 3, so there's no chance for us to get above them.

Cookie311993

I don’t know if the saints would take that offer. They want Max King with their draft pick. He has been doing rehab in their facilities

enzedder

Quote from: Cookie311993 on October 22, 2018, 06:57:56 AM
I don’t know if the saints would take that offer. They want Max King with their draft pick. He has been doing rehab in their facilities
This is true and possible.
However I think the saints would be wrong not to take that offer.
Tall forwards is something we have. McCartin, Bruce, Membrey, Marshall, Battle. We don't need another one.
We need midfielders. #8 and #13 give us the chance to have two genuine bites of building on the back of Clark and Coffield from last year.

enzedder

Port may also offer St.Kilda 10 and 15 to prevent Adelaide from jumping the queue in the first place.
Whilst not as good as #8 and #13 if they threw in 2019's second rounder or the 2019 third rounder from Hawthorn which can both be traded I reckon they could end up with #4 and 5.

shaker

Quote from: enzedder on October 22, 2018, 07:57:06 AM
Port may also offer St.Kilda 10 and 15 to prevent Adelaide from jumping the queue in the first place.
Whilst not as good as #8 and #13 if they threw in 2019's second rounder or the 2019 third rounder from Hawthorn which can both be traded I reckon they could end up with #4 and 5.
Still think the SA clubs are gonna go after 2 and 3 there is a very good chance GC will take Lukosius  and Rankine don't know if the Crows will cough up 2 first rounders for Rozee to get him before Port

enzedder

Quote from: shaker on October 22, 2018, 09:19:19 AM
Quote from: enzedder on October 22, 2018, 07:57:06 AM
Still think the SA clubs are gonna go after 2 and 3 there is a very good chance GC will take Lukosius  and Rankine don't know if the Crows will cough up 2 first rounders for Rozee to get him before Port
Saints pick#4 will have no value if GC trade and that is certainly possible.
So many variables. Will be interesting.

RaisyDaisy

FREMANTLE has delisted defender Tom Sheridan, Cam Sutcliffe and Brady Grey

RaisyDaisy

West Coast has delisted Malcolm Karpany, Luke Partington, Tarir Bayok, Ryan Burrows, Callan England and Tony Olango.