2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Cats not expecting Kelly trade to get done , I think 2 early 2nd round picks is a good offer for him in a bumper draft Cats lose if his form drops off because he can't go home.

iZander

Quote from: shaker on October 16, 2018, 01:51:41 PM
Cats not expecting Kelly trade to get done , I think 2 early 2nd round picks is a good offer for him in a bumper draft Cats lose if his form drops off because he can't go home.
He wont drop off cause "he cant go home". This isnt a trade due to going home, its just him wanting to get to WC. If he wanted to go home he wouldnt say he doesnt want to go to Freo.

RaisyDaisy

Yeah seems a bit odd, 20+22 could land then two good kids who could potentially be long time servants of the club

As good as Kelly is, if you know he isn't going to be around in 12 months time, seems a bit silly to pass on those two picks, but maybe they think they can get more next year?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: iZander on October 16, 2018, 01:54:15 PM
He wont drop off cause "he cant go home". This isnt a trade due to going home, its just him wanting to get to WC. If he wanted to go home he wouldnt say he doesnt want to go to Freo.

It's def a trade wanting to go home, but 1 more year isn't going to kill them. I'd rather stick out 1 more year with a good club knowing that I can get to my preferred destination in 12 months time opposed to leaving now and playing the rest of my career in a side I don't want to play for

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

It's def a trade wanting to go home, but 1 more year isn't going to kill them. I'd rather stick out 1 more year with a good club knowing that I can get to my preferred destination in 12 months time opposed to leaving now and playing the rest of my career in a side I don't want to play for
Yep he definitely wants home and Freo not to enticing ATM a lot of clubs would love picks 20 and 22 in this draft  ;)

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2018, 01:57:21 PM

Agree.

What is Lloyd talking about, Geelong should look at Shuey or Sheed for Kelly?!?  WTF is he smoking, we don't NEED Kelly and wouldn't think we'd give any current player up for him (maybe Nelson), we are just entertaining that he WANTS to come play for us.  These morons really need to get replaced with ppl who know what they are talking about...

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2018, 01:55:26 PM

Yeah seems a bit odd, 20+22 could land then two good kids who could potentially be long time servants of the club

As good as Kelly is, if you know he isn't going to be around in 12 months time, seems a bit silly to pass on those two picks, but maybe they think they can get more next year?
Maybe they have there eye on someone top 10 but can't really see them getting more just because the quality of this years draft unless he wins the Brownlow  ;D

RaisyDaisy

Collingwood has announced a number of new contracts with injury-prone forward Jamie Elliott and defender Lynden Dunn among them.

The Pies have now confirmed the following re-signings:

Jamie Elliott - one year
Lynden Dunn - one year
Darcy Moore - two years
Tom Langdon - three years
Flynn Appleby - two years
Tim Broomhead - one year
Josh Thomas - three years

jvalles69

I keep getting excited when I hear Tyson Stengle, because I think it's Tyson Stenglein making a resurgence.  :P

Menzel Washington

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 16, 2018, 03:23:01 PM
I keep getting excited when I hear Tyson Stengle, because I think it's Tyson Stenglein making a resurgence.  :P
Just wait when he plays his first match and the line ups are announced... Tyson Stengle(in)  ;D

jvalles69

Quote from: Menzel Washington on October 16, 2018, 03:31:04 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 16, 2018, 03:23:01 PM
Just wait when he plays his first match and the line ups are announced... Tyson Stengle(in)  ;D

Bahahahaha!  ;D

jvalles69

AaronKirk

Paperwork about to be lodged for the Scully to Hawthorn deal.

The trade I believe is for the 2019 future 4th round pick the Hawks got earlier from the Gold Coast.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 16, 2018, 05:43:05 PM

The trade I believe is for the 2019 future 4th round pick the Hawks got earlier from the Gold Coast.

It's official

Unbelievable how Hawthorn land Scully and Scrimshaw for nothing

ST KILDA has signed young rookies Darragh Joyce and Doulton Langlands to new one-year deals for 2019.

The deal to send Taylor Duryea from Hawthorn to the Western Bulldogs is done.

AaronKirk

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 16, 2018, 05:52:49 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on October 16, 2018, 05:43:05 PM

It's official

Unbelievable how Hawthorn land Scully and Scrimshaw for nothing

ST KILDA has signed young rookies Darragh Joyce and Doulton Langlands to new one-year deals for 2019.

The deal to send Taylor Duryea from Hawthorn to the Western Bulldogs is done.

Duryea to Bulldogs for a future 4th round pick