2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koop

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 12, 2018, 10:58:51 AM
Reports are emerging that the Hawks are trying to bring Chad Wingard, Tom Scully and Gold Coast youngster Jack Scrimshaw without the need to sacrifice Ryan Burton.

Good luck, I don't see it happening.

SydneyRox

Quote from: LaHug on October 12, 2018, 10:08:30 AM
Quote from: nas on October 12, 2018, 10:05:36 AM
Hannebery now a Saint

The trade was confirmed on Friday morning with St Kilda giving up pick No.39 and its future second-round pick in return for Hannebery and pick No.28

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-11/dans-their-man-saints-land-swans-champ-hannebery

That's a steal in terms of trade value. Probably paying him overs in salary though.

I am not saying Hanners was worth round one or anything, but surely next years second round would have been enough, why are we giving them a pick up grade this year??

Must be desperate to move him on.

Thinking more and more we have lost the plot or planning something big for next year..... Josh Kelly

JBs-Hawks

shaker

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 12, 2018, 11:15:36 AM
Hannebery now a Saint

The trade was confirmed on Friday morning with St Kilda giving up pick No.39 and its future second-round pick in return for Hannebery and pick No.28

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-11/dans-their-man-saints-land-swans-champ-hannebery

That's a steal in terms of trade value. Probably paying him overs in salary though.

I am not saying Hanners was worth round one or anything, but surely next years second round would have been enough, why are we giving them a pick up grade this year??

Thinking more and more we have lost the plot or planning something big for next year..... Josh Kelly
Swans lost the plot when they got rid of Mitchell  ;D

SilverLion

Rumours circulating that Brisbane has met with Adelaide to discuss the possibility of trading 5 for 8 and 13 or 16.

nrich102

Quote from: SilverLion on October 12, 2018, 12:12:34 PM
Rumours circulating that Brisbane has met with Adelaide to discuss the possibility of trading 5 for 8 and 13 or 16.
Would that satisfy Fremantle?

SilverLion

Quote from: nrich102 on October 12, 2018, 12:25:07 PM
Well apparently they wanted a pick in the teens, this seems like the only way we can get one. Up to them what they prefer haha.

shaker

Quote from: SilverLion on October 12, 2018, 12:29:18 PM
Well apparently they wanted a pick in the teens, this seems like the only way we can get one. Up to them what they prefer haha.
I know the Crows would be keen to get a higher pick but can't see them giving up 2 1st round picks for 1 surely they would want something else ?

SydneyRox

Quote from: shaker on October 12, 2018, 11:54:26 AM
Hannebery now a Saint

yeah, I dont think they had all that much choice there, but we surely got robbed, Mitchell wasnt exactly given the same freedom at the swans he gets at the Hawks, but at the time I said they should be paying more for Mitchell than Omeara

shaker

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 12, 2018, 01:09:53 PM
Hannebery now a Saint

yeah, I dont think they had all that much choice there, but we surely got robbed, Mitchell wasnt exactly given the same freedom at the swans he gets at the Hawks, but at the time I said they should be paying more for Mitchell than Omeara

Swans midfield was one of the more dominant ones 2 or 3 years back but with Hanners going it's starting to look a bit thin and if Hanners can get back to his best it will be painful to watch him and Mitchell burning it up.

RaisyDaisy

GEELONG has shored up its ruck stocks with confirmation Rhys Stanley and Ryan Abbott have inked new deals.

As revealed by afl.com.au last month, Abbott and Stanley have both signed two-year extensions until the end of 2020.

Rookies Sam Simpson (two years) and Jamaine Jones (one year) have also signed extensions.

TomK

Quote from: shaker on October 12, 2018, 01:07:17 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on October 12, 2018, 12:29:18 PM
I know the Crows would be keen to get a higher pick but can't see them giving up 2 1st round picks for 1 surely they would want something else ?
I'd hope so, I don't wanna trade 8 at all though unless it was for 4.

SydneyRox

Quote from: shaker on October 12, 2018, 01:19:08 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on October 12, 2018, 01:09:53 PM
Hannebery now a Saint

Swans midfield was one of the more dominant ones 2 or 3 years back but with Hanners going it's starting to look a bit thin and if Hanners can get back to his best it will be painful to watch him and Mitchell burning it up.

yeah, that would be a nightmare!! esp hanners, he has always been a favourite.

RaisyDaisy

Setterfield to Carlton for a future 2nd rounder should get done soon according to afl.com.au

_wato

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 12, 2018, 02:50:10 PM
Setterfield to Carlton for a future 2nd rounder should get done soon according to afl.com.au

What a flowering steal