2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2018, 11:59:45 AM
Peter Ryan saying Tom Hickey will join WCE
Done deal. For a 2nd round pick

Handy pickup for WCE given what they need

Money Shot

Quote from: Nige on October 10, 2018, 12:25:23 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 10, 2018, 12:13:11 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 10, 2018, 11:51:22 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 10, 2018, 11:41:23 AM
Good deal for Norf I reckon
Agreed.

get Pittard for free who I personally think is a really good player and a great fit for Norf.
Haven’t watched him play much recently I guess
Welcome to 2016.
That is true I guess.

I haven't watched him play recently but a couple of years ago I thought he was going to be one of the best rebounding defenders in the leauge. Obviously something went wrong haha...

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2018, 12:56:36 PM
I figured pick 40 was going to come back to us in the Gov trade. Turns out that went to Sydney and we got back a 3rd next year.

We need to generate more picks in the draft this year. Not sure how we do that now. We need to get back into the 2nd round somehow or get some FA's other than Fasolo to help out on the fringe.
With Casboult the only player looking like being traded I don't see how it will happen either sadly. No way he is worth a second rounder. Even 53 (hawks 3rd round pick) is probably overs for him.

TomK

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 10, 2018, 12:27:15 PM
so is Shane McAdam any good
Small-medium forward with a great leap, good defensive pressure, can find the goals, and has a few tricks up his sleave. He's not bad, definitely worth the punt as steak knives in the trade since he would've been picked in the NAT or Rookie draft anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBiQquW9W2I

Mat0369

It will be packaging our thirds this year or trading future picks from next year to score some picks in the draft. I'm assuming our 2nd round pick next year will get Setterfield done.

I wonder if we're in the Newman sweepstakes now? We could use Levi in that deal to give the Swans some depth at a position they're cooked past Buddy.

Koop

Happy with that North deal from our end. Obviously disappointed at losing that outside run, but rumours aplenty that we're using our two first rounders to grab the Sainters pick 4 to nab Rankine so not too fussed.

As for the players, Polec is fantastic & seriously underrated, but he's got a foot condition that will need to be managed for the rest of his career. Not sure playing on the Etihad surface every second week was a good move but we'll see. Pittard has been completely rubbish in crunch games for the last two years. North can have him!

TomK

Quote from: Koop on October 10, 2018, 01:43:53 PM
Happy with that North deal from our end. Obviously disappointed at losing that outside run, but rumours aplenty that we're using our two first rounders to grab the Sainters pick 4 to nab Rankine so not too fussed.
Not if we get there first 8)

RaisyDaisy

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 10, 2018, 02:19:02 PM
Tom Langdon had a medical at Sydney
Freo are keen too. Sounds like the Syd and Freo offers are significantly more than the Pies offer

shaker

Don't be surprised if GC take the 2top SA boys at 2 and 3 so as to soften the blow of moving away from home

iZander

Quote from: shaker on October 10, 2018, 02:26:50 PM
Don't be surprised if GC take the 2top SA boys at 2 and 3 so as to soften the blow of moving away from home
that just increases the blow when they both leave ;)

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2018, 02:25:50 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 10, 2018, 02:19:02 PM
Tom Langdon had a medical at Sydney
Freo are keen too. Sounds like the Syd and Freo offers are significantly more than the Pies offer

besides the fact Ed is @ Freo, surely Swans > Dockers

:P

Ricochet

North's Cameron Joyce
We've had some more discussions with the Dees on Dom Tyson. He's indicated he's keen to play with us. And they're keen on Preuss as well so we're seeing how the deal can get done

I still have no idea why Preuss wouldn't want to go to a club where he'd be a number 1 ruck, or at very least a strong team with an older #1 ruck. Gawn is 26

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2018, 03:38:39 PM
North's Cameron Joyce
We've had some more discussions with the Dees on Dom Tyson. He's indicated he's keen to play with us. And they're keen on Preuss as well so we're seeing how the deal can get done

I still have no idea why Preuss wouldn't want to go to a club where he'd be a number 1 ruck, or at very least a strong team with an older #1 ruck. Gawn is 26

He wants job security in terms of contract length. So basically he is happy doing what he is doing, he just wants to get paid. If I am a club that actually needs a ruck, I'm staying away from him. It's a pretty bad sign

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2018, 03:41:11 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2018, 03:38:39 PM
North's Cameron Joyce

He wants job security in terms of contract length. So basically he is happy doing what he is doing, he just wants to get paid. If I am a club that actually needs a ruck, I'm staying away from him. It's a pretty bad sign
If true then he needs to back himself in. He can play a bit