2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: SilverLion on October 09, 2018, 10:31:28 AM
According to Sam McClure, Freo are trying to part ways with Bennell. Interesting, I heard that Neale and Bennell don't get along, if true could definitely understand why they'd be trying to get rid of him. Didn't attend the B&F either.

This one definitely needs it's own thread...  ;D

SydneyRox

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 09, 2018, 11:31:55 AM
According to Sam McClure, Freo are trying to part ways with Bennell. Interesting, I heard that Neale and Bennell don't get along, if true could definitely understand why they'd be trying to get rid of him. Didn't attend the B&F either.

If Neale and Bennell didnt get along, what does that matter when Neale is going to the Lions??

Bennell is unlucky, not sure unless he has done something wrong you would try to stiff him when you signed the contract a month ago?

RaisyDaisy

GoLions

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 09, 2018, 11:51:36 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 09, 2018, 11:31:55 AM

If Neale and Bennell didnt get along, what does that matter when Neale is going to the Lions??

Bennell is unlucky, not sure unless he has done something wrong you would try to stiff him when you signed the contract a month ago?
Because they're trying to keep Neale :p

Ricochet

Bennell likes to party. Neale doesnt approve. This is a play to try and keep Neale

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 08, 2018, 10:54:56 PM
Kelly's manager saying the Cats should trade him to WCE now

His value is higher now so they'll get more, and he will just walk out for much less next year

Has categorically ruled out Freo, not interested in them at all and only wants to come to WCE

WCE offering him a 5 year deal (Next year from Cats + 4 extra years) and say we can fit him in cap wise

Sounds like we're still a big chance of landing him now
Kelly's manager is a dick and has something against Freo

Id expect him to get to WCE but it's not like they can hold their ground and get him for a heap cheaper next year. A little, but not a heap

TomK

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 09, 2018, 10:51:58 AM
Quote from: elephants on October 08, 2018, 10:56:00 PM

His value is higher now so they'll get more, and he will just walk out for much less next year

Has categorically ruled out Freo, not interested in them at all and only wants to come to WCE

WCE offering him a 5 year deal (Next year from Cats + 4 extra years) and say we can fit him in cap wise

Lovvvvve this. Pull ya fingers out Catters, take Pick 20 for him - you bent us over with Scoot

I think I read somewhere that if we have 20 and 21 (Lycett compo) then that equates to Pick 6 on points, so we do a swap or something with someone and get that pick to Geelong for Kelly or something
No team is gonna trade a pick anywhere near 6 for those two picks though

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2018, 11:57:42 AM
Bennell likes to party. Neale doesnt approve. This is a play to try and keep Neale

I didnt think they wanted to keep him? I know they are making noises that say he is required, in contract blah blah, but between the lines it sounds like they are just trying to pump the value, not keep him.

Gigantor

Quote from: TomK on October 09, 2018, 12:49:54 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 09, 2018, 10:51:58 AM
Quote from: elephants on October 08, 2018, 10:56:00 PM

Lovvvvve this. Pull ya fingers out Catters, take Pick 20 for him - you bent us over with Scoot

I think I read somewhere that if we have 20 and 21 (Lycett compo) then that equates to Pick 6 on points, so we do a swap or something with someone and get that pick to Geelong for Kelly or something
No team is gonna trade a pick anywhere near 6 for those two picks though

Gold Coast tried last year but it turned into pick 18  ;D

Ricochet

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 09, 2018, 12:55:56 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2018, 11:57:42 AM

I didnt think they wanted to keep him? I know they are making noises that say he is required, in contract blah blah, but between the lines it sounds like they are just trying to pump the value, not keep him.
Who Neale? Nah man they'll do anything to keep him

iZander

TomK

iZander

RaisyDaisy

Not confirmed yet

Would be hilarious now if it isn't Essendon  ;D

iZander

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 09, 2018, 02:44:48 PM
Not confirmed yet

Would be hilarious now if it isn't Essendon  ;D
Hahaha it actually would after hearing some of the guys that called up on trade radio! Also knowing my own reaction too :P