2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iZander

It seems brilliant for saints until there youngsters develope and leave before they hit their peak, 1.4 is too much to pay for someone!

fanTCfool

Quote from: enzedder on October 05, 2018, 06:33:03 PM
AFL News, Trade Rumours, Results

That page is a genuine laughing stock. The admin is so St. Kilda biased he had Jade Gresham in his All Australian 22. It has zero credibility, time after time making ridiculous claims seem to be false. You'd nail more trades with random guessing.

SydneyRox

Rumour from the whisperer Swans making a play for Macrae

SilverLion

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 05, 2018, 11:04:07 PM
Rumour from the whisperer Swans making a play for Macrae
Bloke is yet to have a 'whisper' that he reports before anyone that turns out to be true. Only ones he gets right are those copy+pasted from more reputable sources.

Guess we'll see though.

Money Shot

Quote from: enzedder on October 05, 2018, 06:33:03 PM
2 things
Firstly Neale is worth more than #4. Nuff said.

Secondly this from saintsational with the poster saying it's From AFL News, Trade Rumours, Results

"EXCLUSIVE! BREAKING!
Andrew Gaff is set to announce the SAINTS as his preferred destination after the Saints withdraw their $1.4 million deal to Shiel and have decided to keep Pick 4 and draft Max King who has been rehabbing at Saint Kilda this year. Keeping pick 4 is in line with Trade Radio this morning - after the Saints were told by Gaff on Thursday he was joining them.
HUGE blow to the Roos and the St Kilda board have been clandestine about their approach to Gaffy and have pulled off a stunning coup.
This is set to be announced Sunday, after the Best and Fairest count (and subsequent celebrations) have finished.
This does not affect the Saints chances at Hannebury and St kilda are confident in adding both.
Max King, Gaff and Hanners... brilliant approach - well done St Kilda."

If it's true then I'll be wrapped but the proof will be in the pudding. Just another rumour atm.
Makes sense for the saints but considering no one else has reported it I doubt it will happen.

Purple 77

Oh damn, didn't realise this thread existed!

*posting for replies*

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 06, 2018, 01:24:33 PM
Oh damn, didn't realise this thread existed!

*posting for replies*

seasoned coach title should be removed

jk

nas

Ringo

elephants

shaker

Quote from: elephants on October 06, 2018, 07:09:17 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 06, 2018, 06:40:02 PM
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/freo-midfielder-lachie-neale-committed-to-brisbane-trade-20181006-p5085t.html

Neale committed to Brisbane and maybe a 6 year contract worth $1m a year.r

Wow no wonder he wants to head up there. Crazy money imo
1m a year for elite mids is just the norm these days the money being reportedly thrown at Shiel is a bit silly a lesser player than Neale IMO

SilverLion

Quote from: shaker on October 06, 2018, 07:21:02 PM
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/freo-midfielder-lachie-neale-committed-to-brisbane-trade-20181006-p5085t.html

1m a year for elite mids is just the the norm these days the money being reportedly thrown at Shiel is a bit silly a lesser player than Neale IMO
Agreed. Worth every cent.

iZander

Quote from: SilverLion on October 06, 2018, 07:27:28 PM

1m a year for elite mids is just the the norm these days the money being reportedly thrown at Shiel is a bit silly a lesser player than Neale IMO
Yep far from the worst guy on a mil, atleast this guy can play football and isnt just payed a mil cause he is tall

elephants

Quote from: iZander on October 06, 2018, 07:28:51 PM

Yep far from the worst guy on a mil, atleast this guy can play football and isnt just payed a mil cause he is tall

Don't get me wrong, I rate Neale. But as far as I'm concerned small inside mids aren't the ones that should be on the big money. As an Eagles fan I do lean toward teams being built around key position talent though tbf haha

iZander

Quote from: elephants on October 06, 2018, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 06, 2018, 07:28:51 PM

Don't get me wrong, I rate Neale. But as far as I'm concerned small inside mids aren't the ones that should be on the big money. As an Eagles fan I do lean toward teams being built around key position talent though tbf haha
haha key positions, particularly forwards are way overpayed :P Even the shower ones attract 600k easy...Bloody Tyrone Vickery got that when he was a proven spud. About time they payed players on their AFL impact not their position.