2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 05, 2018, 11:51:31 AM
Quote from: elephants on October 05, 2018, 11:48:51 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 05, 2018, 10:46:49 AM
We won a flag without Gaff, so Kelly as his replacement is fine by me

I understand Gaff wanting to move home with his Dad not well etc so no hard feelings on my end

Kelly certainly makes it a lot easier

Yeah love this, agree mate.

Wonder what it would take to get the deal done?

Wouldn't we get pick 19 in return for Gaff then use that to get Kelly?  From our point of view essentially it is trading Gaff for Kelly which makes me sick, but it has to be done, while I'm hearing Cats supporters say they should be getting much more in return than just pick 19.  What a crock, after raping us for Scooter.

Yeah we should get 2 second rounders - 1 for Gaff and 1 for Lycett, so we'll just flick one of them to Geelong you'd think

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 05, 2018, 12:19:26 PM

I understand Gaff wanting to move home with his Dad not well etc so no hard feelings on my end

Wouldn't we get pick 19 in return for Gaff then use that to get Kelly?  From our point of view essentially it is trading Gaff for Kelly which makes me sick, but it has to be done, while I'm hearing Cats supporters say they should be getting much more in return than just pick 19.  What a crock, after raping us for Scooter.

Yeah we should get 2 second rounders - 1 for Gaff and 1 for Lycett, so we'll just flick one of them to Geelong you'd think
Reckon Geelong will be demanding a bit more than a pick around 20. He's probably worth 12ish

jvalles69

Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2018, 12:21:23 PM

Reckon Geelong will be demanding a bit more than a pick around 20. He's probably worth 12ish

These pricks can't have everything, they got Scooter, Danger and Ablett cheap, prob will get Dahlhaus cheap too.

Ricochet

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 05, 2018, 12:31:27 PM

These pricks can't have everything, they got Scooter, Danger and Ablett cheap, prob will get Dahlhaus cheap too.
Wasn't Scooter through FA? and Dahl will be too

jvalles69

Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2018, 12:36:08 PM

We could've matched the offer, but did the right thing by Scooter and Geelong as he wanted to go home.  Do the right thing by Kelly ya barbies!

Ricochet

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 05, 2018, 12:54:07 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 05, 2018, 12:36:08 PM

We could've matched the offer, but did the right thing by Scooter and Geelong as he wanted to go home.  Do the right thing by Kelly ya barbies!
Ha fair enough.

Ricochet

Cats have lodged paperwork to sign Bulldog Luke Dahlhaus as an Unrestricted Free Agent.

RaisyDaisy

Gaff and Lycett picks will both be in the 20-25 range

1 of them will get it done, even if it's not enough they'll take it I'm sure

TomK

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 05, 2018, 01:02:40 PM

He's contracted, no way Geelong accept unders just to 'do right by him' lol

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: TomK on October 05, 2018, 01:12:33 PM

And when has a contract mattered?

Every player that has ever said they want to go home, goes home, and it gets done

Maybe we throw them next years 2nd or something too

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 05, 2018, 01:14:54 PM

Every player that has ever said they want to go home, goes home, and it gets done

Contract still matters in terms of the player's value, quite a few times teams have had to pay overs for a player to get them straight away instead of waiting for the contract to end, regardless of whether the player wants to leave or not

TomK

Ryan O'Keefe, Bryce Gibbs, Cameron McCarthy?

They don't matter when allowing players to ask for trades but they matter in that player's worth, if Geelong feel they aren't being offered good enough compensation, why would they do the trade when Kelly is contracted at Geelong for another year?

shaker

Quote from: TomK on October 05, 2018, 01:23:26 PM

Ryan O'Keefe, Bryce Gibbs, Cameron McCarthy?

They don't matter when allowing players to ask for trades but they matter in that player's worth, if Geelong feel they aren't being offered good enough compensation, why would they do the trade when Kelly is contracted at Geelong for another year?
Yep he has requested a trade back home but for all we know he may be happy to finish his contract next year with the Cats if they don't get what they consider adequate compensation , you'll have to coff up overs for him unless the Cats are feeling generous  ;)

RaisyDaisy

Fair play lads

Guess we just wait and see what happens

jvalles69

System is shower, but that's not the annoying thing, it's the hypocritical Cats fans pissing me off...when it was Danger and Ablett who wanted to go home for family reasons, it was fine, Suns and Crows should just let them go...now Kelly saying the same thing and Cats fans are saying no, he's under contract we won't allow it, was 2nd in our B&F so we want overs...they forget Ablett was Suns B&F too, but didn't give 2 showers there.  It is what it is, if we pay overs we pay overs or we just wait till next season.

We will get back the equivalent for Gaff as what Geelong got for Motlop.  Think about that for a sec...