2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

If I'm Richmond, I'd hard-balling Adelaide because they've come out and said they'll hard-ball other clubs. But maybe that's because I'm a vindictive asshole.

elephants

Quote from: LaHug on October 03, 2018, 02:24:40 PM
If I'm Richmond, I'd hard-balling Adelaide because they've come out and said they'll hard-ball other clubs. But maybe that's because I'm a vindictive asshole.

Nah its because you're Victorian

TomK

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 03, 2018, 11:52:14 AM
Adelaide has laughed off suggestions Brad Crouch would be traded
And to add on to this, glad this is the end of this rubbish

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/10/03/tigers-called-crouch's-manager-out-of-courtesy/

Brad Crouch’s manager has revealed Richmond enquired about the Adelaide midfielder “out of courtesy”.

Crouch was linked to the Tigers, which forced the conversation to occur, but the speculation was quickly watered down.

“They (Richmond) called out of courtesy because his name (Crouch) was linked with them…they didn’t initiate any conversation,” Alex McDonald told SEN Breakfast.

“He is contracted for another couple years. I’ve been in contact with the club (Adelaide), everyone is fine there.

“I think what happens at this time of year as we all know is they are players who have been starved of opportunity, been injured, or there’s a go-home factor.

“Sometimes there is a nice fit, players names pop up from time to time and they get spoken about.

“To the best of my knowledge, Brad is not going anywhere.

“He is really happy over there, lives with his brother, really excited about next year.”

enzedder

Quote from: elephants on October 03, 2018, 02:44:40 PM
Quote from: LaHug on October 03, 2018, 02:24:40 PM

Nah its because you're Victorian
= top notch bloke
1st rounder Adelaide

TomK

Pick 69niceshould get the Stengle deal done I reckon

SilverLion

"BREAKING | It has been reported that Lachie Neale has officially informed Fremantle that he wishes to be traded to the Brisbane Lions.

Breaking news for AEG Powertools - The Mark of a Tradesman"

https://www.twitter.com/user/status/1047267732993978368

Seems every day the rumours are getting stronger. All but confirmed he'll be off to the Lions.

My guess is that he is waiting until the B&F on saturday night to announce it officially.

Ricochet

Sam Wright has signed a 1yr contract extension with the Kangaroos

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ricochet on October 03, 2018, 05:03:40 PM
Sam Wright has signed a 1yr contract extension with the Kangaroos

As has Shai Bolton with the Tiges

Menadue and Moore set to sign 1 year extensions too

Rusty00

Quote from: SilverLion on October 03, 2018, 03:18:02 PM
"BREAKING | It has been reported that Lachie Neale has officially informed Fremantle that he wishes to be traded to the Brisbane Lions.

Breaking news for AEG Powertools - The Mark of a Tradesman"

https://www.twitter.com/user/status/1047267732993978368

Seems every day the rumours are getting stronger. All but confirmed he'll be off to the Lions.

My guess is that he is waiting until the B&F on saturday night to announce it officially.

As part of his Doig Medal acceptance speech :-X

Ricochet

HS reporting that Shane Mumford may consider coming out of retirement to help GWS out if they lose Lobb

jvalles69

When's the thread, "Freo sign Conca" going to be created?  Asking for a friend who's patiently waiting.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 03, 2018, 06:40:55 PM
When's the thread, "Freo sign Conca" going to be created?  Asking for a friend who's patiently waiting.

I'm sure Valk will do it soon  ;D

nrich102

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/sydney-swans-chairman-andrew-pridham-blasts-disgraceful-afl-decision-as-tom-lynch-move-opens-up-old-wounds/news-story/eaa2440d25207235b9009a8727dc4797

Leave this one here for our Richmond fans. The man has a point and for the AFL to be consistent they’d probably have to follow this path.

Not that consistency has ever mattered to the AFL

LaHug

Quote from: nrich102 on October 03, 2018, 10:55:24 PM
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/sydney-swans-chairman-andrew-pridham-blasts-disgraceful-afl-decision-as-tom-lynch-move-opens-up-old-wounds/news-story/eaa2440d25207235b9009a8727dc4797

Leave this one here for our Richmond fans. The man has a point and for the AFL to be consistent they’d probably have to follow this path.

Not that consistency has ever mattered to the AFL

Surely nobody wants the AFL to ban anyone for getting a free agent though? They made a huge error banning the Swans and they only did so because they were annoyed that Buddy didn't go to GWS in the same way GAJ went to GC.

I also don't think Pridham was being serious when he suggested a Richmond trading ban.

Ringo

Gee the Melbourne Media do not give up do they:

From Tony Shehan

What more has Beams got to do to put this to bed,