Which forward rookie should I choose?

Started by MontyJnr, March 21, 2020, 09:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MontyJnr

After Ben Cavarra & Ryan Gardner’s poor showing last night, I’m really not excited about picking one of these guys given they all averaged less than 50 in the Marsh Series :-[

Who is the best of a bad bunch? :'(

RaisyDaisy

Think I'm going with George

I think Bedford probably has the shakiest JS, and I'm not paying more for Pickett who I expect won't score well

Sturt's numbers don't look good at all so I'm passing on him

Davis and King seem to have good JS, but I just can't see King scoring 50+ often so he could be a real slow burn, and with a quicker season we need cash gen happening asap

Davis vs George for me - flip a coin

Samsturmfels

I have gone with Davis due to the fact there are quite a few spots up for grabs in the Adelaide team. Due to Adelaide losing both Jenkins and Betts (and Walker named on the wing) i feel like there is alot of opportunity for the crows forwards to improve. Both JJ and Betts kicked a combined 59 goals last year.

Wanderer

The thing about Davis is that Adelaide are touted as being a bottom of the ladder side this year which is going to make it hard for forwards to score in a losing side with the ball not coming down as often. We saw with the Doggies last night that when the ball isn't coming into forward line the forward position players are going to be hard hit with the shortened game time.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Wanderer on March 21, 2020, 01:29:08 PM
The thing about Davis is that Adelaide are touted as being a bottom of the ladder side this year which is going to make it hard for forwards to score in a losing side with the ball not coming down as often. We saw with the Doggies last night that when the ball isn't coming into forward line the forward position players are going to be hard hit with the shortened game time.

Can't see how the likes of Sturt or King would be any different

I've since tweaked my side and can't afford George now, so I'm going with Davis because I just can't see King scoring much at all

I'm sure he'll put up a decent score now to mock me though :P

Wanderer

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 21, 2020, 01:33:47 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on March 21, 2020, 01:29:08 PM

Can't see how the likes of Sturt or King would be any different

I've since tweaked my side and can't afford George now, so I'm going with Davis because I just can't see King scoring much at all

I'm sure he'll put up a decent score now to mock me though :P

Yeah, Davis is the way to go if you can't afford Georgiadis. I'm taking a punt on Georgiadis.

Wanderer

Marsh Cup Points Per Minute FWIW:

Georgiadis: 51.7
Davis: 50.3
King: 40.3

Samsturmfels

The chances are the one we select will end up being a dud. Its so hard to pick out of these guys. At least we still have 30 trades this year.

Wanderer

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 21, 2020, 02:43:46 PM
The chances are the one we select will end up being a dud. Its so hard to pick out of these guys. At least we still have 30 trades this year.
Haha, gotta love the "at least we have 30 trades this year". This seems to be a constant theme. We now have a way to soften the blow of the inevitable dud pick that happens every year.

MontyJnr

Thanks for the responses guys, I’ve decided to back in George - hopefully he can kick a few against the Suns tonight

Carn

jfitty

tommy10

tommy10

Anyone looking at KKP? I know he's a little pricey, but was handy round 1, 11 pos 2 goals away to WCE. Blues, Bombers and Cats (MCG) coming up so might be worth the gamble? What's everyone 's thoughts about him?

Have Cavarra and Davis who are both out and have King who is likely not to score high as a KPP. Sturt out is a blow to a lot of coaches hoping to bring him in.