Main Menu

Carlton vs Hawthorn

Started by fidou, June 15, 2013, 12:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidou

What was everyone's opinion of tonight's game?

I thought we contested really well and outplayed Hawthorn for most of the game. The statistics will favour us throughout the game. We certainly did not capitalise on our inside 50's and missed crucial set shots in front of goal. However the alarming statistic from the game was the free kick count 22 to 13 the hawks way. I am the last to winge about umpiring. I watched the match with 2 one eyed carlton supporters who carried on a bit in the first half about the umpiring and I was the one to tell them its Ok it will be squared up. To my horror it just kept going one sided and in crucial parts of the game. We were called several times for throwing the ball yet Hawthorn did it countless times without being called on it even Mitchells throw in the last what a joke! It was at this time I realised this is wrong. I have never been criticial of umpiring effecting the outcome of a game untill this game.

We had 20 more disposals and won the clearances a wopping 50 to 30!!!

Mick was interviewed after the game and said the same and will be made out to be a sore loser but he is definatley justified in saying it was not a match played on an even playing field.