ASC Awards 2017

Started by Jukes, August 07, 2017, 08:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

So we'll be going with the same system as last year lads, with the three major awards again being the Most Valuable Player (MVP), Coaches Award, and Coach of the Year. First, nominate your players who receiver your Coaches Award and MVP nominations - one per club (note that coach of the year nominations do not have to be submitted as every coach will be on the voting form). Then I'll send out a voting form where people will submit their 5-4-3-2-1 votes for each of the three awards (and you can't vote for your own players).

MVP is basically the "best" player in your team, easy as it sounds.

Coaches Award is basically the player that you think deserves a special mention - whether it's overcoming adversity, exceeding expectations vastly, proving the coach wrong, or anything else in that trend.

So try and post your two nominated players in the coming days/weeks. Nominees can be changed up until voting has started - if you can't be bothered nominating I'll put in for you.

Team: MVP and Coaches Award
Anaheim: Patrick Dangerfield and Michael Hurley
Boston: Lachie Neale and Dom Sheed
Carolina: Dustin Martin and Dylan Roberton
Chicago: Clayton Oliver and Patrick Ryder
Colorado: Marc Murphy and Brad Ebert
Houston: Matthew Kruezer and Isaac Heeney
Las Vegas: Tom Mitchell and Jake Lloyd
New Brooklyn: Matt Crouch and Jack Steele
Ottawa: Adam Treloar and Ben McEvoy
Quito: Seb Ross and Ryan Burton
San Francisco: Stefan Martin and Tom Papley
Wisconsin: Dayne Zorko and Jack Macrae

Past Winners

MVP (2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th)
2014: Joel Selwood (Chicago) (Gary Ablett Jr; Callan Ward; Dayne Beams, Scott Pendlebury, Todd Goldstein, Trent Cotchin)
2015: Todd Goldstein (Boston) (Nat Fyfe; Dan Hannebery; Heath Shaw; Robbie Gray)
2016: Patrick Dangerfield (Anaheim) (Max Gawn; Dustin Martin; Heath Shaw, Scott Pendlebury)

Coaches Award (2nd; 3rd; 4th; 5th)
2015: Tom McDonald (Chicago) (Rory Laird; Dylan Roberton; Liam Shiels; Shaun Higgins, Jack Crisp)
2016: Zach Merrett (Anaheim) (Marcus Bontempelli; Stephen Coniglio, Dayne Zorko; Alex Rance)

Coach of the Year
2015: Jukes
2016: nas

Jukes

Stef Martin is the MVP/B&F for me, hasn't always been great and I don't expect him to win any votes but he'll still been solid, playing 19 games at a 99 average in the ruck. Kid has come good after being taken at pick 238 in the origin draft by myself!

And my Coaches Award goes to Tom Papley, who has been awesome this season coming from nowhere. Averaging 92.6 if you exclude his first three games (where I didn't name him of course), after being just okay in his debut season - a season where I didn't even realise he was on my list until about round 18! Originally taken at Rookie Pick 15 in the 2015 draft.

Nige

Ah, this reminds me I need to get cracking on doing the Otters B&F.

Didn't really keep a set record of scores from throughout the year so there's gonna be more work in this than for the other comps in which I'm coach ahaha.

powersuperkents

Dayne Zorko is the Cockerels nominee

Although Mitch Duncan tied with our nominee for the coaches award internally, Jack Macrae will be our sole nominee externally because he only averaged 3ppg less and had DPP status which demonstrates a higher value - he really lifted from last season as well

Koop

Don't think there is really any argument that Marc Murphy is our MVP

Coaches award is Brad Ebert. Able to bounce back and even eclipse previous seasons after a very poor 2016 which saw many write hiim off. His season has been nothing short of brilliant.

kilbluff1985

Anaheim

Danger MVP
coaches award Michael Hurley

Zerrett let us down too many times when decided to try him as C

Pkbaldy

NBH

MVP - Matty Crouch - The kid went from 92 to 109 in a season. Which is think is amazing for a kid going into his forth year.

Coaches Award - Jack Steele - Avging 91 as a fwd. 20 points on top of his 2nd year.

Nige

Ottawa's MVP is Adam Treloar, pretty much our best player. Coaches Award goes to Big Boy McEvoy for bouncing back from a terrible 2016 to being a reliable contributor basically every week in 2017.

fanTCfool

Seb Ross is the Quito MVP after lifting his average to triple figures.

Ryan Burton receives the Coaches Award for a breakout season featuring a handful of tons.

Jay

MVP is Matthew Kreuzer

Coaches award was very tough, but it goes to Isaac Heeney for delivering on the inevitable breakout.

SydneyRox

Vegas

MVP is Tom Mitchell

Coaches Award Jake Lloyd

Big Mac

Chicago

MVP is Clayton Oliver, had an outstanding season to become our best player, pushing up his average 42 points from 70 to 112 in only his second season.

Coaches award goes to Patrick Ryder for coming back after the year off and averaging triple figures in the ruck.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 09, 2017, 03:53:01 PM
Chicago

MVP is Clayton Oliver, had an outstanding season to become our best player, pushing up his average 42 points from 70 to 112 in only his second season.

Coaches award goes to Patrick Ryder for coming back after the year off and averaging triple figures in the ruck.
Paul Roos knows how to pick em, Clayton's a gun

Jukes

Everybody's naming guns for their coaches award and I'm just sitting here with a random small forward :P

fanTCfool

Quote from: Jukes on August 09, 2017, 09:58:39 PM
Everybody's naming guns for their coaches award and I'm just sitting here with a random small forward :P

I was about to dispute this remark until I remembered that Ryan Burton is, of course, a gun  8)