Main Menu

The Hawks Ruck Legend

Started by Hawka, October 07, 2010, 08:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/103893/default.aspx

We still may get the hawks legend i rely hope we do get him and delist taylor ;D ;D ;D

hawk_88

Prefer him to Hale. Is probably too slim now to play as a key defender. However has more pace that I have seen him with before.

Taylor will most likely be delisted.

Hawka

But if needed can pop down defence him and renouf in ruck and skipper or hale up fwd and litle ruk would be good

Hawka

He nomianted for the pre season/rookie draft rely hope he gets picked up..it wont b by hawks but i luv this guy and have alot of respect and dont mind were he goes besides essendon :P or pies

hawk_88

Taken by Melbourne. Good for him, he will get games there and he is a champ.

MajorLazer

I wish him good luck at the Dees. Might be in my SC now. :)

Hawka

well said both i have alot of respect for him and i think he now qualifies as 1 of my fav players outside hawks  :)

hawk_88

Quote from: MajorLazer on December 07, 2010, 10:24:29 PM
Might be in my SC now. :)

Good point. Will be cheap and I am pretty sure will be in the Melbourne 22.

Hawka

he will be behind jamar of course and due to his versatily may be a sub cos he can play ruk/bac

ossie85

I'm not confident he will be in Melbourne's best 22.... The Demons have a great defense as it is (Frawley, Rivers, Garland) and one of the best rucks in the comp in Jamar. Surely if they need ruck support they'll try out one of there youngsters first.

.... but I suppose they selected him for a reason.

hawk_88

I think he is more likely to play forward. Has played forward before for the Hawks at times and played forward in his junior career.

They did try out other rucks last season and ended up sticking with Jamar as a sole ruck for many matches. Clearly picked him up as a reaction to the sub rule.

This is the problem with the sub rule. The idea was to reduce midfield rotations but it's main affect has been on ruckman to allow clubs to continue their midfield rotations as normal. Not a well thought out rule.

pyronerd

Quote from: hawk_88 on December 08, 2010, 01:16:24 PM
I think he is more likely to play forward. Has played forward before for the Hawks at times and played forward in his junior career.

They did try out other rucks last season and ended up sticking with Jamar as a sole ruck for many matches. Clearly picked him up as a reaction to the sub rule.

This is the problem with the sub rule. The idea was to reduce midfield rotations but it's main affect has been on ruckman to allow clubs to continue their midfield rotations as normal. Not a well thought out rule.
+1 what do you expect though most of the rules brought in during the past few years haven't been well thought out =P