Alex Johnson

Started by AaronKirk, March 15, 2014, 03:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Came off with a knee injury after 10 minutes in the reserves. Don't know how serious it is at this stage but as a guy who has had a couple of knee problems it isn't good. Laidler anyone?

colmullet

yeah makes me feel more confident bout locking in Laidler in at D7

AaronKirk

Neil Cordy who is at the game on twitter

"Johnson had conventional ACL reco which failed and then LARS hybrid which may have done the same" 

RaisyDaisy

Laidlers stocks rise now, but with McDonald at D6, Langford/Georgiou at D7 and Langdon at D8 I don't think I can fit him in. Don't have enough cash to upgrade Langford to Laidler

Hmmmm, I think I will let him pass, but I do think he is now a much better pick, and hopefully I don't regret not picking him

Bones Bombers

HotTiges

Let's get cheeky Suckers to Laids?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bones Bombers on March 15, 2014, 03:35:44 PM
Webster to Laidler????

That makes sense to me. Sucker at D5 with just the 3 rookies above means I am probably going to miss him, but if I had Webster I would feel much more comfortable having Laidler and the 80k

fever

now the question is turn clurey or georgiou into laidler? obv it's way better if we can have georgiou in, but clurey is named this week. what is his JS like?

Bones Bombers

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 15, 2014, 03:39:49 PM
Quote from: Bones Bombers on March 15, 2014, 03:35:44 PM
Webster to Laidler????

That makes sense to me. Sucker at D5 with just the 3 rookies above means I am probably going to miss him, but if I had Webster I would feel much more comfortable having Laidler and the 80k
OK this getting a bit wild but Webster to Laidler, Wingard to TMitch allows Suckling to Simpson.
Thoughts?

fever

no. why dont you want suckling? the whole point of having him is to either get a really cheap D6 come years end, or at least make a lot of money.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: fever on March 15, 2014, 03:48:03 PM
no. why dont you want suckling? the whole point of having him is to either get a really cheap D6 come years end, or at least make a lot of money.
Because he becomes Simpson without using a trade. Simpson more likely to be top 6 def than Suckers.
Rookies will make money.

BoredSaint

If anything hes more of a bench option anyway which means Im gonna wait a week to see how he scores and then trade him in next week if langford doesnt get named

Bones Bombers

Quote from: BoredSaint on March 15, 2014, 03:56:39 PM
If anything hes more of a bench option anyway which means Im gonna wait a week to see how he scores and then trade him in next week if langford doesnt get named
Laidler plays today though.

fever

perhaps you're right, but i dont think either will be top 6 by years end

e: re simpson v suckling

Bennny

I'm putting him as D6, i have a feeling he might get subbed of though.. What do you reckon