Jack Redden
Jordan Gysberts
Nathan Fyfe
Jake Melksham
Todd Banfield
Nick Naitanui
Chris Yarran

DragonForce

Who in your mind has been the rising star for this year? Honestly, before the season started i went Barlow but he was announced a mature aged rookie. Then i decided Dustin Martin would get it but i heard a rumour he can't. Anyone clarify this for me?

Any, who has been the NAB Rising star of the year

Fenno

Na Dustin Martin can't win it he picked up to many points when he got reported or something like that all I know is he can't win it.

DragonForce

Damn and thanks. He is a legend, Chris Judd in the making. He gets so many clearances and definitely knows how to shrug a tackle. To bad he can't get it.

elephants

yeah dustin martin is unable to win it due to the fact he was reported :( he would ahve been second behind barlow though.

in my mind although i did not have him i ahve to say ryan bastinac. i know he has supplied great bench cover for many peoples mids. also he has not missed a game for the roos and has been keeping reasonable form. a smoky could be brad sheppard( i am probly sounding biased) but when he played he was one of those quiet achievers and i hope he is going toi be a star. he wouldnt have played enough games to get rising star though. so yeah i think basti or scully :)

nas

Hannebry for me & Martin cannot win it for being reported earlier on in the season, but would have given it a good shake

Scully will be up there

DragonForce

Quote from: naste on August 23, 2010, 03:24:24 PM
Hannebry for me & Martin cannot win it for being reported earlier on in the season, but would have given it a good shake

Scully will be up there

Yes. Scully will be up there seeming he has put together some great games. But, i have seen him play and although most of the time he works for the ball and everything, i have seen just 1 to many cheap disposals from him. Like a 1 . . . 2 . . . 3 play which ends in a turnover.

Fenno

I think Hannebry will win it but Rockliff is another contender

DragonForce

Quote from: Fenno on August 23, 2010, 03:30:13 PM
I think Hannebry will win it but Rockliff is another contender

Yeah, Hannebry has played a great season for Sydney Swans and Rockliff has been vital for the Brisbane Lions, despite their poor performance.

Please Vote! :D

ossie85

Hanneberry!

Reckon we should do another point once R21 and R22 nominations are up :)

Probably in the AFL section also...

ossie85

Stratton and Reid should be option also

Boomz

YOUNGTELLICA

If eligible, Martin would have won it, as he isn't, Haneberry will win it - from Rockliff and Scully. Good call on Ben Reid and Stratton ossie85, tough first year playing key defence, though the voters don't take that into consideration i.e. Tayte Pears last year...

elephants

ben reid for dt 2011 (sorry off topic)

DragonForce

Yeah, i knew that Ben Reid, Tom Rockliff and Benjamin Stratton were chances of Nab Rising Star but i wanted the options to be simple ;D. So if you do think any of those 3 or anyone else not listed are a chance at Nab Rising Star, vote Other, but Comment the person who you voted for under Other. ;D

Thanks for the comments, I personally think after Barlow and Martin, Reid, rockliff, Scully and Hannebry will fight it out, Hannebry most likely to provale.

I know this ain't related to my forum or anything, but i strongly do believe that the reason why Fremantle have dropped off form, besides resting Sandilands and Pavlich, is because of the Michael Barlow injury. If you look at when they dropped off, its around that time.

I editied the votes and reset so please re-vote or vote if you havn't voted already.

Anyways, back on topic ;D

Justin Bieber

Hannebery or Rocky have probably had the most effective roles in their teams. Trengove and Scully have done well for Melbourne, but the mahority of the team have improved this year.

I like Stratton as a smokie. One of the better defenders down at the Hawks this year and really got themselves a reliable guy for the future.