4 Forward Playing Rookies

Started by Maggie May, March 14, 2015, 05:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maggie May

So, given we are now getting a few options for forward rookies is it silly to be considering going with a 4 playing rookie forward line and having an extra midfield or defender premium?  Basically I currently have 14 keepers (including Newnes) but have been thinking of putting some one like Salem or Langford in at F3 (along with Clark, Karnezis & Hogan as starting rookies) and then either having 6 premo defenders (set & forget) & 4 premo mids or a 5 & 5 split between mid & defence (along with set & forget rucks).

Thoughts?

kilbluff1985

yep i have even considered a forward line with players around 200k or under

T Boyd, C McCarthy, Salem, Membrey, A Saad, Clark, Hogan, Karnezis , Steele etc

waiting until round 1 teams to decide my structure

Big Mac

No need to be as extreme as kb but yeh I think a 4 rookie fwd line could work this year

Wanderer

I have 3 at the moment, but considering replacing T.Mitch with a rookie to make it 4.

H1bb3i2d

The chances of 2 or 3 getting dropped is just way too high.

And fwiw, I dont  see langford getting too many games, either.

honza

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 14, 2015, 09:19:28 AM

We'll find out on 31 March.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: honza on March 14, 2015, 09:41:46 AM

Would you pick him if the Bombers players were suspended for 2 weeks?

honza

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 14, 2015, 10:20:38 AM
Quote from: honza on March 14, 2015, 09:41:46 AM

Would you pick him if the Bombers players were suspended for 2 weeks?
I'm considering him if the players get 0 weeks.

RaisyDaisy

Langford is the sort of player who if you picked him you would just want him on the bench. Wouldn't be confident fielding him permanently

I think the strategy clearly has merit, but I'd prefer to field 3 and not 4 personally

There should be more than enough players available to go with 4 though, so it should work

Salem, Membrey, Clark, Karnezis, Hogan, Langford, Steele, Lambert, Krakouer, Lamb, Daniel and more are all chances to play, so there shouldn't be a shortage. I just prefer to have 3 on field and try to balance out rookies, eg x amount in the mids and x amount in the forwards, to get maximum points each week, and I just think that 4 on field could mean you miss out somewhere else

Ricochet

3 on the field at a max. If you want to start more fwd rooks then put one or two on your mid bench. gives you much more flexibility and we have an extra mid spot after all

Maggie May

Quote from: Ricochet on March 14, 2015, 10:41:24 AM
3 on the field at a max. If you want to start more fwd rooks then put one or two on your mid bench. gives you much more flexibility and we have an extra mid spot after all

Okay so here's the thing though.  I have 8 starting rookies in total.  Currently I have 1 in defence, 4 in the mids & 3 forward.  Essentially if I went 4 forward I could have a set & forget defence with Newnes as my D6.

In my case it might be Bartel + Edwards/Saad v Hibberd/Burgoyne/Malceski + Salem/Langford

Ricochet

who are all your rookies including your bench?

Maggie May

Quote from: Ricochet on March 14, 2015, 11:15:36 AM
who are all your rookies including your bench?

Currently my rookies are

Def on field Hamling, bench Edwards & Saad
Mid on field Newton, De Goey, Anderson, Vandenberg, bench Ellis-Yoleman, Steele, Krakeour
Ruck bench Read
Fwd on field Clark, Karnezis, Hogan, bench Lamb & Lambert

If I wer to make the change to a 2 premo fwd line I would probably add someone like Salem in, upgrade Edwards and move Hamling to the bench.

shaker

4 is to many personally just to many premo high scoring forwards available this year would rather take a risk on a couple of cheaper backs with what seems a lower scoring group this year , but just my personal choice I'm sure a lot will go with it and good luck  ;)

aussied