Quote from: Fid on March 17, 2015, 07:56:37 AM
No love for Jed Anderson @ $141,400?

$200K-$300K MIDS

Fid

Fair enough, I just think he is a better option than some of the ones listed

Keeper27

Quote from: Fid on March 17, 2015, 08:03:38 AM

will he play enough to be worth it though?? tough team to break into.
maybe a vest candidate??

Fid

The same could be said to a couple of the ones listed above and he is around $80,000 cheaper than Acres

shaker

After another round of NAB and looking at the list Newton and Cripps seem to stand out

Nige

I think a few people are sleeping on my boy Alex Sexton, he's very much an option but hasn't really attracted too much attention. Still watching with interest.

Ricochet

Quote from: Keeper27 on March 17, 2015, 08:00:28 AM
Quote from: Fid on March 17, 2015, 07:56:37 AM
No love for Jed Anderson @ $141,400?

$200K-$300K MIDS
hahaha

But yeh Fid, he is a better option than some of these boys imo

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on March 17, 2015, 10:23:34 AM
I think a few people are sleeping on my boy Alex Sexton, he's very much an option but hasn't really attracted too much attention. Still watching with interest.

Has been on my radar for a long time, and tonned up in NAB1 too

Looking forward to see how he goes this week.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Keeper27 on March 17, 2015, 08:10:55 AM

maybe a vest candidate??

+1 I think Anderson has done well in NAB but breaking into the best 22 to start the season is unlikely imo. Vest candidate at BEST, I'm hoping he will crop up as a downgrade option later in the season, but can't see him starting.

Quote from: Fid on March 17, 2015, 08:16:45 AM
The same could be said to a couple of the ones listed above and he is around $80,000 cheaper than Acres

I think every single person on the poll has a better chance of starting round 1 than Anderson does. It's not about him as a player, it's about the team he's trying to get into. Hawks have made finals 7 out of 8 past years, premiers 3 times and losing grand finalists once... You don't mess too much with that formula unless you're losing key players and have to replace them. Essentially, who does Anderson replace in last years premiership 22?

FactHunt

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 17, 2015, 11:09:39 AM
Quote from: Keeper27 on March 17, 2015, 08:10:55 AM

maybe a vest candidate??

+1 I think Anderson has done well in NAB but breaking into the best 22 to start the season is unlikely imo. Vest candidate at BEST, I'm hoping he will crop up as a downgrade option later in the season, but can't see him starting.

Quote from: Fid on March 17, 2015, 08:16:45 AM

I think every single person on the poll has a better chance of starting round 1 than Anderson does. It's not about him as a player, it's about the team he's trying to get into. Hawks have made finals 7 out of 8 past years, premiers 3 times and losing grand finalists once... You don't mess too much with that formula unless you're losing key players and have to replace them. Essentially, who does Anderson replace in last years premiership 22?

Sewell is gone,
so is Hallahan who played games last year.
Anderson would be hard pressed to play 22 games this year, but big wraps on him. He'll play a few, and only the footy gods know how many.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: FactHunt on March 17, 2015, 11:38:31 AM
Sewell is gone,
so is Hallahan who played games last year.
Anderson would be hard pressed to play 22 games this year, but big wraps on him. He'll play a few, and only the footy gods know how many.

... Neither of them played in the GF, in the whole season Sewell played 10 games (and arguably the last 3 were out of respect so he could make the 200 game milestone) and Hallahan played 6.

What I said was:
Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 17, 2015, 11:09:39 AM
I think Anderson has done well in NAB but breaking into the best 22 to start the season is unlikely imo. Vest candidate at BEST, I'm hoping he will crop up as a downgrade option later in the season, but can't see him starting.

Not that he won't play this season at all, just that I can't see him starting early, and if he does I would bet it's with a green vest. So if you're looking for a player to start in your team, I think Anderson is unlikely to be it.

Ricochet

Well Hawks have named a squad with 20 premiership players for the next NAB game. So we'll get a slightly better idea of Anderson...  if he makes the cut, misses a vest, and how he plays.

My Chumps

Woodward @ 198k is worth some consideration too.

Sheed's my cheeky POD at this stage.

SydneyRox

NVB and Newton head and shoulders above the rest.

Cripps looks like he will be a go, but Biggs not so sure with the delay to PS

Pkbaldy

I'll be going Cripps + Newton. And maybe NVB if Cockatoo doesn't get a call up R1 and I have the extra 40k.