400-450k defenders.

Started by Money Shot, February 08, 2015, 12:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2015, 08:33:33 PM
Quote from: Bully on February 08, 2015, 07:25:56 PM
From round 1-13 last year Harry O was averaging 88, he then went through a form slump due to the imminent divorce from the Magpies, I wouldn't read too much into his yearly average. Over that time 8 of his scores were over 90 and four were over 100, the previous year he replicated that over an entire season.

Granted he comes with some risk but 90 isn't out of the question, particularly if he starts to win clearances and more contested ball.

This is what it will come down to. I expect him to be playing off the wing and being an effective outside player, like he has been most of his career. Cant see him winning clearances, hard balls etc but as mentioned happy to be wrong.

Hearing that he is training with the midfield means nothing to me. Wingman train with the midfield

I'll have a strong eye on him during NAB for sure.
Haha but dude, Paul Roos said his big body will be useful at stoppages and he has been doing clearance work at training? :P

Bully

From round 1-13 last year Harry O was averaging 88, he then went through a form slump due to the imminent divorce from the Magpies, I wouldn't read too much into his yearly average. Over that time 8 of his scores were over 90 and four were over 100, the previous year he replicated that over an entire season.

Granted he comes with some risk but 90 isn't out of the question, particularly if he starts to win clearances and more contested ball.

This is what it will come down to. I expect him to be playing off the wing and being an effective outside player, like he has been most of his career. Cant see him winning clearances, hard balls etc but as mentioned happy to be wrong.

Hearing that he is training with the midfield means nothing to me. Wingman train with the midfield

I think all players are on notice, I'm not committed to anyone in the backline at this stage, but I suspect there will be value in the mid-price range if one does their homework.

Ricochet

Quote from: Vinny on February 08, 2015, 08:36:21 PM

Haha but dude, Paul Roos said his big body will be useful at stoppages and he has been doing clearance work at training? :P
Yeh most reports have been Lumumba doing inside work

Mat0369

Quote from: MC on February 08, 2015, 05:57:21 PM
I'm on Docherty at the moment, but not 100% convinced as yet. Will need to monitor over the NAB

For AF/DT yes, for SC I wouldn't touch him. His use by foot was pretty poor last year so I don't think he has the foot skills to average over 90 this year.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 08, 2015, 06:15:21 PM
Seriously, where has all this love for Lumumba come from?

The guy has been a mid 70's averaging player his entire career, with 1 year of 88 and all of a sudden everyone think he is going to crush it at showery Melbourne and be a premo? I just don't get the hype whatsoever

Newnes and Fisher are the only two I would consider in this price range to be good enough to go 90+ and be premo. All the others wont reach 90, so I wouldn't bother

As others have said, it has to do with him doing so much clearance work. Roos loves his big bodied mids and Lumumba adds the extra dimension of pace. He seems to be in everything when they are doing their stoppage work. If Salem can lock down that HB role you will probably see Lumumba starting in the square a lot and with the increase in contested ball he could very well average 95.

And Seedsman is best 22 at the Pies. He cemented his spot in 2013 but was returning from injury last year. He adds pace they need and I said this in another thread but I wouldn't be shocked if he plays on the wing a bit.

Big Mac

Lumumba has been doing a significant amount of stoppage work at training. Mainly working with Jones and Tyson during these drills. Howe will continue in the half-back role, and Grimes is working his ass off to keep his spot there as well. Salem is also being tried out there - Read into it how you want

RaisyDaisy

I've said on more than one occasion in this thread that I will be happy to be proved wrong :)

As previously mentioned, like all of us I'll have a close on eye on him.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 08, 2015, 10:31:54 PM
Lumumba has been doing a significant amount of stoppage work at training. Mainly working with Jones and Tyson during these drills. Howe will continue in the half-back role, and Grimes is working his ass off to keep his spot there as well. Salem is also being tried out there - Read into it how you want

Howe is one I'm watching closely. I was very, very close to picking him late last season and said to myself that if he stays of Half-Back I would pick him. Going to watch him in the NAB challenge to see how he goes before making a call,

Could well be 2 Melbourne defenders in my side come lockout round one.

Ricochet

Quote from: AaronKirk on February 09, 2015, 12:20:48 AM
Quote from: Big  Mac on February 08, 2015, 10:31:54 PM

Howe is one I'm watching closely. I was very, very close to picking him late last season and said to myself that if he stays of Half-Back I would pick him. Going to watch him in the NAB challenge to see how he goes before making a call,

He's had a small hammy setback so will have to monitor but I like him as well

Vinny

Re-posting this here:

Some dude asked this on Howe in the Roos Q&A.

frenzy

[/quote]

atleast they should see plenty of ball up there . 8)

kilbluff1985

Fox Footy ‏@FOXFOOTY  2m2 minutes ago
21-year-old Jack Newnes has been elevated to @stkildafc leadership group.

Bully

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 11, 2015, 09:44:30 AM

Lockety lock.

LordSneeze

Quote from: Bully on February 11, 2015, 12:13:57 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on February 11, 2015, 09:44:30 AM

Lockety lock.

Yes he is a lock, but we need to keep it quieter now. Dont want everyone to get on when they start reading these forums closer to deadline.