Rnd 13 captain

Started by sidvicious, August 22, 2020, 05:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidvicious

enzedder

Rusty00

So I picked wrong between Oliver and Macrae for VC.

Bit of talk around that Seb Ross tagged Neale to a score in the 70s last year.

Am I crazy for considering NicNat? Up against the human FA machine in Mumford and is in peak form?

Alternatively could go Grundy, although he won’t have it all his own way against Goldy?

enzedder

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 23, 2020, 09:03:42 AM

Am I crazy for considering NicNat? Up against the human FA machine in Mumford and is in peak form?

Alternatively could go Grundy, although he won’t have it all his own way against Goldy?
I picked wrong with Oliver and Macrae too.
I'm going against the grain and going Dangerfield who usually goes big v Crows. No Selwood either so imagine he'll play mostly midfield. Dahlhaus and Steven amongst the ins so could be some rotations through forward line but against the bottom team that's probably not a bad thing.
As for Neale, St.Kilda is a bit of a bogey team for him. He doesn't have as good a record against them compared to other sides (111 ave last 5/ 87 career ave/ 123 his PB v StK). Steele may go to him or could free run against him but if Neale starts to dominate I can see Ross or Steele going to him. 

Rusty00

Quote from: enzedder on August 23, 2020, 09:29:35 AM
Quote from: Rusty00 on August 23, 2020, 09:03:42 AM

I picked wrong with Oliver and Macrae too.
I'm going against the grain and going Dangerfield who usually goes big v Crows. No Selwood either so imagine he'll play mostly midfield. Dahlhaus and Steven amongst the ins so could be some rotations through forward line but against the bottom team that's probably not a bad thing.
As for Neale, St.Kilda is a bit of a bogey team for him. He doesn't have as good a record against them compared to other sides (111 ave last 5/ 87 career ave/ 123 his PB v StK). Steele may go to him or could free run against him but if Neale starts to dominate I can see Ross or Steele going to him.
Yeah, I don’t have Danger, otherwise I would consider him

enzedder

That being the case I would lean towards Naitanui who is in some great form. Grundy against Goldy will be a great duel but I'd be worried it impacting both of their scores.

bkimm32

My VC on Oliver was a failure

Neale vs Naitanui?

Bias but gut feel is Steele does a partial tagging job on Neale and limits him from his normal output, however that could still be 120

shaker

Lucky for me Macrae got a good score forgot to take the C off Gawn after reversing trades  :P

Samsturmfels

Quote from: bkimm32 on August 23, 2020, 10:57:21 AM

Neale vs Naitanui?

Bias but gut feel is Steele does a partial tagging job on Neale and limits him from his normal output, however that could still be 120
I'd go Neale to be safe. I'm going Danger into Neale, so hopefully Danger can have a big one.

Rusty00

Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 23, 2020, 01:35:35 PM
Quote from: bkimm32 on August 23, 2020, 10:57:21 AM

Neale vs Naitanui?

I'd go Neale to be safe. I'm going Danger into Neale, so hopefully Danger can have a big one.
I chickened out going NicNat and went “safe” with Neale.

30 at HT :'(

bkimm32

Samsturmfels

Rusty00

Now NicNat on 105 at HT!

Oh wow, I flowered this up big time! Could’ve pushed me right up in the rankings :'(

bkimm32

Yep Naitanui over Neale would probably get me in the 2550+ club and into the top 1000

enzedder

Dangers 114 (228) will do me. wasn't thrilled but at least I didn't go Neale and get 72 (144).
Should've gone Naitanui but never seriously considered anyone other than Danger.