Do you want penalties for non submission of teams?

Started by SydneyRox, January 27, 2015, 02:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

This one will take a little longer to finalise but here was what I had planned out so far as a rough idea

1st - Warning
2nd offence in a row (or 3rd time in season) - VC Score doesnt count
3rd offence in a row (or 4th time in season) - Captain score doesnt count (VC 1.5x Does)
4th offence in a row (or 5th time in season) - Sacking - Team taken into admin by volunteer/admin

In essence you get to miss two weeks as long (as they are not in a row) without penalty, anything more than that will cost you.

Please post to let me know you have voted.

SydneyRox

T Dog

Just be mindful of the disincentive to keep coaching once the spiral starts. Voted

SydneyRox

Quote from: T Dog on January 27, 2015, 03:14:16 PM
Just be mindful of the disincentive to keep coaching once the spiral starts. Voted

If a coach is making contact with admin/s and has issues. Then these rules will not apply.

Discretion at the sacking will be up to the admins if/once the coach makes contact.

powersuperkents

Voted

Have considered T Dog's comments as well - something we will have to take into account (procedures have to be implemented, and possibly an expiration of one game (from the penalty record) if the coach maintains a certain number of consecutive team submissions)

kilbluff1985

Jukes

popedelio

Football Factory

No ... if they don't want to do their team then we should get a new coach. It changes results of games if you penalise too much and would be unfair to other teams that hadn't played them, or had played them when they were on their first warning and didn't receive a penalty.

powersuperkents

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 27, 2015, 04:54:22 PM
No ... if they don't want to do their team then we should get a new coach. It changes results of games if you penalise too much and would be unfair to other teams that hadn't played them, or had played them when they were on their first warning and didn't receive a penalty.
That is a very good point.

It's a catch-22 because we don't want it to result in unfair advantages, however, we also don't want to treat teams with no control over the matter unfairly due to the fact that they happen to be gaining an advantage by playing a team with an apathetic coach - something which they had no involvement in whatsoever

Overall I would say the gaining of an innocent advantage by punishing absent coaches for some teams is more important than implementing a policy that may result in their unfair treatment (as, again, they have no control over another coach's behaviour). Definitely something to be considered, but I don't see any way to address this without holding an innocent coach to a disadvantage, based on mere circumstance alone. Let's just consider it a potential benefit of posting your team on a weekly basis  :)   

ckennedy23

Memphistopheles

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 27, 2015, 02:10:21 PM
This one will take a little longer to finalise but here was what I had planned out so far as a rough idea

1st - Warning
3rd offence in a row (or 4th time in season) - Captain score doesnt count (VC 1.5x Does)
4th offence in a row (or 5th time in season) - Sacking - Team taken into admin by volunteer/admin

In essence you get to miss two weeks as long (as they are not in a row) without penalty, anything more than that will cost you.

I voted no, not because I don't support penalties for non-lodgement of teams but because I think the penalties should be different.

Instead of penalising results/affecting games I think that 

1st - Warning
2nd offence in a row (or 3rd time in season) - 2 premiership points deducted (doesn't affect the immediate result of games)
3rd offence in a row (or 4th time in season) - 4 premiership points deducted and the League Admins/Moderators have the power to make a call on what happens with the team. If contact cannot be made with the coach or assistant then they can be sacked or they can get hold of them to discuss what happened things can be worked out from there.

Football Factory

Quote from: Memphistopheles on January 28, 2015, 07:20:48 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on January 27, 2015, 02:10:21 PM

1st - Warning

I voted no, not because I don't support penalties for non-lodgement of teams but because I think the penalties should be different.

Instead of penalising results/affecting games I think that 

1st - Warning
2nd offence in a row (or 3rd time in season) - 2 premiership points deducted (doesn't affect the immediate result of games)
3rd offence in a row (or 4th time in season) - 4 premiership points deducted and the League Admins/Moderators have the power to make a call on what happens with the team. If contact cannot be made with the coach or assistant then they can be sacked or they can get hold of them to discuss what happened things can be worked out from there.

I like this idea

SydneyRox

the main difference being instead of one team benefiting the whole league does?

So for the weeks not named  the admins do one and the non submitted team can win the game?

Football Factory

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 28, 2015, 07:34:13 PM
the main difference being instead of one team benefiting the whole league does?

So for the weeks not named  the admins do one and the non submitted team can win the game?

So if a coach doesn't select a team they get penalised and they still win that's all good ?