Rockliff Your Blacklisted!!!!

Started by powersuperkents, September 02, 2012, 06:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brent007

I never had him, luckily, but I'll consider if DPP next year.

Adamant

43 points from a guy who averaged 112 last year.....shocking.

strikes91

Quote from: KnightRyder on September 02, 2012, 07:03:08 PM
I honestly feel sorry for him, as much as he has screwed my DT lately, imagine having a great year last year, then your coach plays your Full Forward with crap delivery from your Mids, behind Jonathon Brown - if I was him I would just want to leave and play for a coach that isn't a knob. 

And I am Brisbane Lions and Michael Voss (as a player) fan!

crap delivery ? daniel rich was picking brown out on the chest from 60m all day

POK252

Quote from: strikes91 on September 02, 2012, 08:53:00 PM
Quote from: KnightRyder on September 02, 2012, 07:03:08 PM
I honestly feel sorry for him, as much as he has screwed my DT lately, imagine having a great year last year, then your coach plays your Full Forward with crap delivery from your Mids, behind Jonathon Brown - if I was him I would just want to leave and play for a coach that isn't a knob. 

And I am Brisbane Lions and Michael Voss (as a player) fan!

crap delivery ? daniel rich was picking brown out on the chest from 60m all day

Haha yeah Rich has gotta be one of the best kicks in the comp :)

McRooster

Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret  ;)

It wasn't Tom's fault, it was Vossy's, it was Johnno Browns, it was Reddens - in fact it was OURS (for those of us who picked him)  for picking the spud in the first place  :P

Zombie2.5

Will CONSIDER if he is DPP next year. Will definitely look at other options first though. Just hasn't been good this year...

JACK REDDEN!!

Ziplock

Adamant

To think I could have had Watson for 60k cheaper  :'(

Colliwobblers

rockliff and goldstein black listed for me this season.

benched rockliff the last 3 rounds and was better off every round i did it.

Scrads

Had him the entire season :(

Will be worth it if he is M/F next year.

Ajax22

Never had him in my team before. Never even contemplated him this year at that huge initial price after only one good year. Saying that though he's locked for me next year if M/F. If Tippet goes to Brisbane I'll lock him in even as a pure mid. Will be laughing as I watch him dominating after being on the blacklist of you lot

KnightRyder

Sorry, my initial post was that Rockliff was given crap delivery all year, because he is placed at Full Forward behind Browny.  Rich was on fire this weekend, but apart from him and Black who can you rely on for a good kick?  And if you are any Lions mid, who are you looking to kick it to in the forward line, Browny or anybody else?

And Rockliff always looks lost at Full Forward - he is a great mark when he bodys up his defender, but otherwise he just looks lost.

Anyway enough trying to defend Tommy - I have had him all year so I feel your pain, maybe it's not as raw because I didn't lose my GF because of him.

Colliwobblers

Rich had the best kick of any Lion mid or otherwise.

I'd consider Rocky as said above but ONLY as a MID/FWD, as a mid only the risk of his playing fwd and scoring less than 110 average for the season makes picking him as a MID only crazy.

Me I think Voss is a fool for playing him FWD, the Lions performed better every quarter of every game when Rocky was in the middle, simple FACT.

me

dont be fooled by the lions getting 10 or whatever wins, they are dogshower and their ability to win/be competitive is directly proportional to whether they are playing a bottom 4 team or not (fluke wins aside)

also lol colliwobbles, goldy wont be in my team next year haha, we must've shared a bit of bad luck - i had a horrendous year

Colliwobblers

bit harsh on the lions, but for now totally true.

Zorko will help so will polec as he comes along, problem is the fwd line and back line. No quick fixes they will struggle for years until they get 2 key fwds and 2 key defenders.

their midfield is great but they really need to use one, probably rich off half back, once one or two more of the youngsters steps up in the midfield.

Burger back will help too, but the trouble is fwd and back in my humble opinion.