Top 5 forwards

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Right now I have Whitfield, Martin, Steven, Smith, Taylor, Brander, Rankine and King. Petracca and Greene are the others I have had at F3 with Dev at F5 or Steven in the midfield instead.

Like dmac also have Noble at D3. It's going to depend on rookies woth how I structure up

eaglesman

Quote from: AN1611 on March 10, 2020, 06:03:10 PM
Quote from: tommy10 on March 10, 2020, 05:48:53 PM
With the Marsh series over, what are people's thoughts around F3/F4 specifically? Likely that majority of coaches are picking either Whitfield & Dusty or Dusty & Walters?/Heeney/Greenwood/Parish/Dawson/Gresham as F1/F2. What about F3/F4?

Options are Ceglar (DPP ruck cover), Brayshaw (increased mid time), Narkle (great POD), Steven (looked great yesterday) and Dev (if it wasn't for clangers in 1st game, would have tonned up, great 2nd game). Macpherson has had another great Marsh series, but too risky perhaps and dont think you'd lose out too much if he has a few good games. Any two of these can become top 5 fwds by season's end?

Seems like a lot of you are going light in def and going a little heavy in fwds. Personally am thinking premo, premo, then 2 of the above mentioned players, then rookie rookie is the way to go.

Based on rookies this week, have decided to go light in the mids (this is assuming Tom Greene, Tyler Brown and etc. get picked).

Atm running Whitfield, Dusty, Ceglar, Steven, Smith and rookie. This is all subject to the rookies that pop up next week.

I would like to get to this.

Duno how you get to this unless you sacrifice Gawn.

Still thinking sauce and this forward line

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: eaglesman on March 11, 2020, 01:22:49 AM
With the Marsh series over, what are people's thoughts around F3/F4 specifically? Likely that majority of coaches are picking either Whitfield & Dusty or Dusty & Walters?/Heeney/Greenwood/Parish/Dawson/Gresham as F1/F2. What about F3/F4?

Options are Ceglar (DPP ruck cover), Brayshaw (increased mid time), Narkle (great POD), Steven (looked great yesterday) and Dev (if it wasn't for clangers in 1st game, would have tonned up, great 2nd game). Macpherson has had another great Marsh series, but too risky perhaps and dont think you'd lose out too much if he has a few good games. Any two of these can become top 5 fwds by season's end?

Seems like a lot of you are going light in def and going a little heavy in fwds. Personally am thinking premo, premo, then 2 of the above mentioned players, then rookie rookie is the way to go.

Based on rookies this week, have decided to go light in the mids (this is assuming Tom Greene, Tyler Brown and etc. get picked).

Atm running Whitfield, Dusty, Ceglar, Steven, Smith and rookie. This is all subject to the rookies that pop up next week.

You can certainly do it while maintaining GG

Noble at D3 and Conigs at M5 instead of Macrae/Neale type allows it

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 11, 2020, 01:38:30 AM

Haha yeah but no chance I’m starting noble at d3- that’s nuts

That being said. Yes I have worked a few cash grabs around and managed to get this done including young still at d6.

tommy10

Quote from: eaglesman on March 11, 2020, 09:00:27 AM

That being said. Yes I have worked a few cash grabs around and managed to get this done including young still at d6.
I’m starting Robbo at D3 and Noble at D4 to keep GG

AN1611

Team is:

Def:
Laird, Houston, Doch, Noble, Zerk, Williamson (Brander, Williams)

Mid:
Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Dunk, Rowell, T.Green, Pickett, Tyler Brown (Budarick, D.Robertson, Starevich)

Rucks:
Grundy, Gawn (Xerri)

Fwd:
Whitty, Dusty, Ceglar, Steven, Devon, Taylor (Rankine, King)

All dependent on T.Green and T.Brown getting a gig tbh

IntegralX

Quote from: tommy10 on March 11, 2020, 10:09:44 AM

I’m starting Robbo at D3 and Noble at D4 to keep GG

Yep that’s pretty much how to keep GG. I have B. Williams (WBD) at d3 right now.

Fwds are Whitfield Greenwood Steven Smith f1-f4.

eaglesman

Quote from: AN1611 on March 11, 2020, 11:45:28 AM

Team is:

Def:

Mid:
Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Dunk, Rowell, T.Green, Pickett, Tyler Brown (Budarick, D.Robertson, Starevich)

Rucks:
Grundy, Gawn (Xerri)

Fwd:

Ahh ok.

Yeah ya literally have to go 5 deep in midfield because Tyler brown is way too risky. Yes Adams is injured but also had treloar out.

He will trap a few

AN1611

Quote from: eaglesman on March 11, 2020, 01:34:55 PM
Quote from: AN1611 on March 11, 2020, 11:45:28 AM

Team is:

Def:

Mid:

Rucks:
Grundy, Gawn (Xerri)

Fwd:

Ahh ok.

Yeah ya literally have to go 5 deep in midfield because Tyler brown is way too risky. Yes Adams is injured but also had treloar out.

He will trap a few

Haha yep definitely a big risk.

I am basing it on how he looked in the Marsh Series, and Pendles giving him a good rap.

If he doesn't get up, the plan is to cut Ceglar or Devon Smith - move Houston to M5 and bring in Sicily.

Although, I really want to start Dangerfield. Looked very sharp on the weekend, barring his kicking lol

RaisyDaisy

Pretty sure Pendles gave Callum a good wrap, not Tyler

RaisyDaisy

Mitch Cleary (@cleary_mitch)
Chris Scott says Joel Selwood and Mitch Duncan will play but Jack Steven “unlikely” should GWS clash go ahead @AFLcomau

You have to laugh  :'(

Gavdroid

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 18, 2020, 02:56:49 PM
Chris Scott says Joel Selwood and Mitch Duncan will play but Jack Steven “unlikely” should GWS clash go ahead @AFLcomau

Bad news for anyone wanting to start Steven, but with people now looking for bargains I think this could make Jelwood a real option for m6

jfitty

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 18, 2020, 02:56:49 PM

Bugger it!

I've now started considering one of Steven's teammates, who the 17 game season could really favour..

Samsturmfels

if steven doesnt play, what is your backup plan?

frenzy

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 18, 2020, 04:46:57 PM
if steven doesnt play, what is your backup plan?

Tmac for me